Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-01-2019, 12:18   #1
Liverpool95

Dublin Bus Crash

Hi,

I was involved in a crash while on a Dublin Bus when it was hit by a Bus Eireann bus a number of months ago. I notified Dublin Bus about this but they didn't seem to want to talk to me about it.

No i am starting to experience pain in my back and neck associated with whiplash.

Any idea how long i have to process an injury claim?

Thanks!
Advertisement
10-01-2019, 14:00   #2
Xterminator

Hi Op

A person has two years less one day from the date of knowledge to bring a claim forward under Statute of Limitations Act 1957.

If you wish to bring a claim against them, get your solicitor to bring the claim.

However you would have to substantiate these claims of injury, and typical whiplash does not appear months after accident. Perhaps it would be wise to have a diagnosis from a doctor before proceeding ?
(3) thanks from:
10-01-2019, 14:28   #3
thomasdylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverpool95 View Post
Hi,

I was involved in a crash while on a Dublin Bus when it was hit by a Bus Eireann bus a number of months ago. I notified Dublin Bus about this but they didn't seem to want to talk to me about it.

No i am starting to experience pain in my back and neck associated with whiplash.

Thanks!
A crash months ago and pain only developing now wouldn't be typical for whiplash at all.
10-01-2019, 14:29   #4
incentsitive

Whiplash, the injury invented by the legal profession.
10-01-2019, 14:55   #5
magicbastarder

did you post that in an attempt to justify your claim? if so, you may need to read it again.
Advertisement
10-01-2019, 14:57   #6
fullstop

Quote:
Long Term Affects

The symptoms of whiplash can last for days, weeks, months, or even years, depending on how severe the injury is to the soft tissue in your neck or upper back. Whiplash injuries that last for months or years usually follow a more serious accident, where the pain would have been more severe with difficulty moving the head and neck. Full symptoms may only appear a few days after the impact, with an injury being felt 12 hours following the accident. This is why it’s always important to get yourself checked up immediately after an accident, as sometimes there will be a delay before effects show.

The symptoms of chronic whiplash may never disappear completely. These can include:

Pain and stiffness in the neck or shoulders,
Upper or lower back pain,
Jaw pain,
Severe headaches,
Dizziness,
Blurred vision,
Constant weariness,
Concentration and memory problems,
Ringing in the ears,
Difficulty sleeping,
Irritability,
Travel anxiety, and
Numbness or weakness in the arms or legs.
So your ‘symptoms’ showed up a number of months later, what you have C&P here says it can be up to a few days.
Interesting.

We all feel the pinch after Christmas I suppose.
(4) thanks from:
10-01-2019, 14:57   #7
incentsitive

"Full symptoms may only appear a few days after the impact, with an injury being felt 12 hours following the accident....."

Are you sure you don't just have the January blues based on that list of symptoms?
(3) thanks from:
10-01-2019, 14:59   #8
fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by incentsitive View Post
"Full symptoms may only appear a few days after the impact, with an injury being felt 12 hours following the accident....."

Are you sure you don't just have the January blues based on that list of symptoms?
More likely mentioned the crash over Christmas and someone said “what do you mean you didn’t make a claim”.
10-01-2019, 16:26   #9
dhaughton99

I was recently told about the crash between the Luas and Dublin bus 2 years ago by someone in the know. The solicitors began digging through the cctv and found that 8 people jumped on after the crash looking for a payday.
Advertisement
10-01-2019, 16:47   #10
Working class heroes

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks!
Everton won the cup in '95.
Thanks from:
10-01-2019, 16:52   #11
TCM

I don't understand why you you are asking people here for advice on such a matter. It's patently obvious that you simply go and speak to a solicitor.
(4) thanks from:
10-01-2019, 16:57   #12
Stephen15

And who was at fault the DB bus or BE bus it doesn't make much difference as both are under CIEs self insurance policy but if it were a private bus, car or truck at fault then that private company or individuals insurance company should be made pay out.

I remember there was a case where a truck crashed into a DB bus but DB were still made pay out aswell as the truck company even though it was found the truck was at fault. Why is this?
10-01-2019, 20:38   #13
XPS_Zero

Taking the person at their word (I hate snotty b1tchy people online who think they know all about a person based on a post on the internet)...You must have just done something recently to put a strain on it, there is no way symptoms would take that long to appear.

Slow growing cancers work faster than that let alone muscle damage.

The first report being 2 years later may mean that any judge would say they were unrelated, and the insurance would have medical experts to testify so.

I doubt you'd have anywhere to go with that.

If it is indeed that someone said "you mean you didn't claim?", then either consciously or subconsciously you decided on some level to start feeling pain, IMO just let it go it's too much time gone by.

On the wider issue of claims.

Irelands justice system is a disgrace in a number of ways, the excess suspended sentences, clear and obvious murders charged as manslaughter, the lack of a habitual offenders law so you can rack up 20+ convictions and still keep going...but the claims culture is among the worst parts.
Nothing except pure willful negligence or at the very least incompetence and sloth should = compensation, and I've never understood how slipping a disc is fixed by you getting cash...it's not, a far bigger disincentive would be a massive disproportionate fine against the company or body with the revenue going right into the health service, not into the local pub of people whos mates tell them "you'd get a claim outta dat boss".
Thanks from:
10-01-2019, 22:32   #14
Dravokivich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen15 View Post
And who was at fault the DB bus or BE bus it doesn't make much difference as both are under CIEs self insurance policy but if it were a private bus, car or truck at fault then that private company or individuals insurance company should be made pay out.

I remember there was a case where a truck crashed into a DB bus but DB were still made pay out aswell as the truck company even though it was found the truck was at fault. Why is this?
Liability can be shared regardless of who's considered to be at fault.
13-01-2019, 18:54   #15
Political Wall Map

Must be broke after the Christmas

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion