Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-01-2019, 15:04   #16
pablo128

Quote:
Originally Posted by superg View Post
I'd imagine most of the scruffs who cause the trouble are residing in the likes of Foxdene and Balgaddy so they would be less affected by the removal of the 25A and B as they'd all use the 40.
They were a gang of black youths. You probably aren't aware because our media are terrified of mentioning race but it has been publicised elsewhere.

Nice to see you jumping the gun though. Foxdene/Balgaddy is Lucan as it happens. Your own people.
Advertisement
06-01-2019, 15:08   #17
superg

Publicised where exactly?

I'm not from Lucan but I'm well aware of where foxdene and balgaddy are thanks, I'm from another area which the 40 serves and I'm well used to "our own" scruffs causing trouble over the last 30-40 years.
Thanks from:
06-01-2019, 15:09   #18
magicray

I heard a slightly different version of this story - not sure which is true

I heard that people at a bus stop were being terrorised by this gang and the bus came along and the driver let them on to try keep them safe but the gang also got onto the bus and threatened the other passengers

Either way its disgraceful
Thanks from:
06-01-2019, 15:11   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicray View Post

I heard that people at a bus stop were being terrorised by this gang and the bus came along and the driver let them on to try keep them safe but the gang also got onto the bus and threatened the other passengers

This would make more sense.
06-01-2019, 17:25   #20
Eric Cartman

foxborough is inhabited by a lot of tenants sprawled from neilstown and other ropey parts of clondalkin, couldn't pay me enough to live there.
Advertisement
06-01-2019, 17:41   #21
LastStop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo128 View Post
They were a gang of black youths. You probably aren't aware because our media are terrified of mentioning race but it has been publicised elsewhere.
No it wasn't......
06-01-2019, 17:43   #22
Arlessienne

Quote:

Nice to see you jumping the gun though. Foxdene/Balgaddy is Lucan as it happens. Your own people.
They were white. Why are you spreading lies??
Thanks from:
06-01-2019, 17:44   #23
Arlessienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicray View Post

This is true.
Thanks from:
06-01-2019, 17:47   #24
Eric Cartman

Quote:

not in this case or are you talking about the gang that was roaming round a few years ago ? there have been issues with gangs of african youths around there, but not in this specific incident the thread is about. The Dublin gazette has detailed it before , I don't think they were ever doing enough to warrant a national paper covering it let along covering it up.
Advertisement
06-01-2019, 18:04   #25
TheQuietFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishGrover View Post
CAN busses be pulled from an area due to antisocial behaviour? I thought I heard that they did this in some areas but don't know if it actually happened or not.

Just thought it might have been in the remit of Dublin Bus that they provide an essential service and can't be removed like that.

Dont get me wrong, I'm all 100% for it: One off thing? keep an eye on it. happens regularly? Then remove services at a sliding scale: 2 days first, up to a month.

I'm sure people will say: "Well, what about the innocent people who didn't do anything? What about them?" to which I say: "The drivers are innocent. What about them?"

Was just wondering about the legality of removing a service.
So what do you want them to do?
Operate a service that knowingly endangers passengers and the driver and damages the bus!
06-01-2019, 18:10   #26
Guy:Incognito

Quote:

Theres a gang of 15 -.20 14 or 15 years old (most if not all from a school in the village ) hanging around the community centre and McDonalds in clondalkin. They're jumping on groups or individuals of quieter kids both in the community centre and at the mill shopping centre, right kn front of the doors at times where security have to jump in. All within 100 yards of the garda station.

No mention of their ethnicity in media reports or on Facebook either . People,e are all over the comments giving it "black ****ers" and saying how they should be sent home.

Only thing is every one of them is white.........

Last edited by Guy:Incognito; 06-01-2019 at 18:47.
06-01-2019, 21:05   #27
TheIrishGrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuietFella View Post
So what do you want them to do?
Operate a service that knowingly endangers passengers and the driver and damages the bus!
Read my post
06-01-2019, 22:50   #28
TheQuietFella

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishGrover View Post
Read my post
And read my post! Wait.....what would you expect them to do?
07-01-2019, 22:45   #29
TheIrishGrover

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuietFella View Post
And read my post! Wait.....what would you expect them to do?
Quote:
........ Dont get me wrong, I'm all 100% for it: One off thing? keep an eye on it. happens regularly? Then remove services at a sliding scale: 2 days first, up to a month.

I'm sure people will say: "Well, what about the innocent people who didn't do anything? What about them?" to which I say: "The drivers are innocent. What about them?"

Was just wondering about the legality of removing a service.
My question was.... wait for it..... about the legality of removing a service. I expressly stated that I was for removing a service. I was inquiring if they could legally remove said service as DB is a state body providing a service. Where did I say I wanted them to maintain a service? Where did I say I wantedthem to endanger driver, passengers or busses themselves?

Anyway...... Jeez, I never knew Lucan had gotten that bad. That's crazy
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion