Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rainfall / Wind warnings : Fri 1st - Sat 2nd Nov 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

25mm here near Tralee since 14.00 yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

25mm here near Tralee since 14.00 yesterday

It felt more like an inch of rain to me :D

I'll get my wellies >>>>>!!

Fire lit since early afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Torrential rain in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭alentejo

I note the rain weather warnings in the west. Seems very heavy in the east of the county! Should there have been a yellow warning for the entire country or was this unexpected!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,444 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Heavy snow now in north Dublin, roads turning white, people abandoning their cars

(is what I would be saying if the temperature was 10c lower)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Heavy snow now in north Dublin, roads turning white, people abandoning their cars

(is what I would be saying if the temperature was 10c lower)

You were getting us excited there for a minute...almost as excited as having a hurricane banging on our doors :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

28mm of rain in Sligo since rain began yesterday

Met forecast 3c tonight. Prob 7am when that happens as 8 to 11c now

Actually app on my phone says exactly that. It also forecast 30mm of rain here from this so performed a lot better than Met Eireann. They certainly need to up their game. Lately theyr falling in standard a lot.

Like that weather warning was wrong at weekend and yet they didnt change it and bbc or uk met when theyr wrong you get "well the front seems to have stalled in a different area than we had predicted" they admit theyr wrong or maybe I just look at weather too much every day and am nit picking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

alentejo wrote: »
    I note the rain weather warnings in the west. Seems very heavy in the east of the county! Should there have been a yellow warning for the entire country or was this unexpected!!!!

I was just wondering that. Incredibly heavy here in Dublin South for the last two hours, haven't heard rain this bad for a good while.

This rain reminds of the 2011 event in Greater Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

Lots of main roads in south Dublin are now completely flooded and it’s tricky enough to get almost anywhere. I didn’t realise it was going to be this bad at all in the East of the country!

• Advertisement

Rainfall radar looks torrential over Kildare. Can vouch for that here with flooded garden and stream nearly overflowing. Close to 30mm now fallen since last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Some roads here in Donabate are impassible or passable with great care. Unless I missed something, I'm wondering was this event properly predicted, and was a weather warning necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,878 ✭✭✭pauldry

No and yes

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Just back from a couple of days away up north. Drove back through a very foggy Co. Meath.

Partly cloudy and 7.3c atm in Dublin 16.

Recorded 18.8mm here yesterday, most of which fell in the evening.

Advertisement