Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Lorenzo Chat Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭guil

Wedding Friday morning at 10am.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

guil wrote: »
    Wedding Friday morning at 10am.

If it’s yours cancel it, if not you’ll be grand. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

My neighbour is calling it the "Big Wind" and is heading to the hardware store for boards so he can board up his windows. Suggested I do the same. Is this excessive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Just took the day off. Friend of mine in the know said this is going to be the biggest storm ever to hit Ireland. Many cows will fly off and his neighbor Dorothy is looking worried

Dorothy should avoid tornados, that's all I'm saying.

So is it a potential red alert?

If you live on the Azores, yes. Otherwise, an orange alert at worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Someone I know has been putting the word out that his friend in shipping coordination has warned of a massive storm to hit the West. I'm just unsure what to think or expect at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

pad199207 wrote: »
    What were ya thinking?

It's great crack though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Kutebride

So worrying, the stress for people with hospital apt in the likes of UCHG Thursday morning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Someone I know has been putting the word out that his friend in shipping coordination has warned of a massive storm to hit the West. I'm just unsure what to think or expect at this point.

Absolutely nothing being broadcast to shipping by the Coastguard at present

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Storm 10 wrote: »

Absolutely nothing being broadcast to shipping by the Coastguard at present

I don't know who or where but I doubt this person made it up if you see what I mean. He mentioned the shipping coordinator liases with meteorologists, globally

Could well be exagerated I guess

• Advertisement

It seems we have clear agreement now on landfall close to Sligo coast. My view on warnings are as follows,
    Red for Galway, Mayo,Sligo & Done gal
    Orange for counties bordering these four
    Yellow for rest of country such as Dublin, Limerick and Cork.
    A bit like Ophelia very severe for the red areas as above (though Ophelia was the south) and standard blustery day for yellow warning areas.
    Rainfall doesn't look an issue to me at all

*cough*Leitrim*cough*

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Anything of note on the news? Cudnt be arsed sitting thru all the Brexit shoyt!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Paddy223

If it's a red alert in Donegal or Sligo and say a yellow alert in Dublin can you get the train to Sligo or bus to Donegal from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭crushproof

Chance of flying out of Dublin airport on Friday morning....?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

crushproof wrote: »

If your kite is big enough and you're below 90KG should be grand

Wait until updates tomorrow and you will know then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Junior cert results out Friday after a few weeks delay. Imagine if schools were closed for red warning, country would be full of very impatient 15 year olds.

If it's a red alert in Donegal or Sligo and say a yellow alert in Dublin can you get the train to Sligo or bus to Donegal from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Paddy223 wrote: »

Short answer no

joe40 wrote: »
    Junior cert results out Friday after a few weeks delay. Imagine if schools were closed for red warning, country would be full of very impatient 15 year olds.

Release them online

crushproof wrote: »

I suspect if you go to Dublin Airport on Friday morning you'll be flying. With or without the plane? That's up to Lorenzo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm color blind, how will I know if I'm in danger?

Just keep reading this thread...when you see the site go down, you'll know the hamsters that keep the site running have run for their lives.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Short answer no
    Is this all due Friday morning or more Thursday night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

antodeco wrote: »
    If your kite is big enough and you're below 90KG should be grand

Wait until updates tomorrow and you will know then.

Good call. Saw my kite on the shelf at the weekend. Must get it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Paddy223 wrote: »

No of course not

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

To Alcohol wrote: »
    My neighbour is calling it the "Big Wind" and is heading to the hardware store for boards so he can board up his windows. Suggested I do the same. Is this excessive?

Absolutely excessive. I recommend buying boards and boarding up your neighbours doors from the outside. The world can rebuild without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,048 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Come on storm Lorenzo please be a good one I want to get thurs or Friday or better even both days off work. But please be gone by Monday because I got to fly out of Dublin on a week holiday.

Just keep reading this thread...when you see the site go down, you'll know the hamsters that keep the site running have run for their lives.

Doesn't the site go down every day now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,316 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

To Alcohol wrote: »

Depends on where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

joe40 wrote: »

I'd say they couldn't give a monkeys. Junior Cert is basically pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ask the pizza delivery guy and the lady in the post office while you're at it.

Yes, those in the ocean going freight business will rightly be concerned, but please use the weather service for proper advice.

Advertisement