Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What date does college start in September?

• 14-06-2005 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭

As the thread title says, what date does college start?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

For the college year that just ended it was the 15th of September.
    Ahh yes the memorys, sitting in a room waiting...waiting...waiting for the lecturer to show up to introduce the course, the subject, whatever... then leaving and going back to bed.

College won't properly start till the 23rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mol

I think its usually the 12th, as in the second monday of the month. It could also be the case that first years start on the 14th (wednesday) and continuing students on the 19th (the fiollowing monday. Possibly...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

One of my lecturers told us that due to this new semesterisation thing we could be starting closer to the very start of September, like maybe the 5th!

They post that out to ya at some stage though anyway, don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,969 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

they can leave my course alone so - mine is not going semsterised, so dissappointed, i reckon exams would have been easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Tauren wrote:
    they can leave my course alone so - mine is not going semsterised, so dissappointed, i reckon exams would have been easier.

Even so, the whole college is going to run to the semester academic year.

Someone said to me they are starting back on the 20th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Heard from someone working in the college that they currently have everyone penned in to return on the 12th of September, as per usual!

And yes, every course is going to be semesterised, just not all are being modularised. So you get all the crappy holidays and post Christmas exams, but without the benefits of having subjects split up over terms!

Advertisement