Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'what have some travellers somewhere done this time? thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Self entitled Vermin, funded & encouraged by the State and the likes of EOTR.

We are paying for this form of human rubbish & it makes me vomit.

i'm not encouraging anything. those individuals are responsible for their own behaviour

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

It's a pity they didn't go a bit further out of the area,close by in the ballybane neighborhood project , buildings abandoned,fine places, behind that in a lane you simply don't go down is a encampment that will make you reverse pretty sharpish.. illegal camping ,dumping,car dismantling ,a frightful place,and they live there,by design.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

In future years the state's policy of indulging this way of life will be viewed in the same way industrial schools and mother and baby homes are now. Imagine a new-born traveller baby being brought home to a halting site -accommodation that ranks in the Irish hierarchy maybe slightly above a bed in a wet hostel - the state is effectively saying "that's your lot in life kid."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,954 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Registered Users Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's a pity they didn't go a bit further out of the area,close by in the ballybane neighborhood project , buildings abandoned,fine places, behind that in a lane you simply don't go down is a encampment that will make you reverse pretty sharpish.. illegal camping ,dumping,car dismantling ,a frightful place,and they live there,by design.

They have no connection to a place or pride in where they live, happy to live in squalor, in their own shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

John2136 wrote: »
    Yeah...... the wives who only spend the dirty money and don't partake in the dirty actions to get it

no the ones, both male and female, who are decent, who are not involved in criminality and who contribute to society.

jk23 wrote: »
    One of the things that stops the law or settled people getting involved or stopping travellers disgusting behaviour is they know they will be threatened and have their homes or other family members targeted.

There is no point any decent member of society engaging with a trouble making traveller as he knows they are not subject to the same criminal law that settled people are.

they are subject to the same laws as settled people. plenty of them among the prison population.
    Not half enough of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

A very basic question .

What percentage of the traveller community work ..??

It seems like they all expect the tax payer to pay for everything ... large amounts of welfare , children’s allowance etc etc ... as good as free houses ...those working are no better off than them

I guess less than 5 % of travellers work ( contribute ) to society

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

hurler32 wrote: »
    A very basic question .

What percentage of the traveller community work ..??

It seems like they all expect the tax payer to pay for everything ... large amounts of welfare , children’s allowance etc etc ... as good as free houses ...those working are no better off than them

I guess less than 5 % of travellers work ( contribute ) to society

At least 85% are on the scratch then take disability and carers into it also....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭Marcus Rashford

Whether it’s being argued that they’re a race or an ethnic minority, either way it’s rubbish. They are Irish like the rest of us, albeit the lifestyle and inbreeding has led to some severe health issues in many cases. It is morally wrong to impose the Traveller way of life on young children, and it’s for that reason that our politicians need to come up with a final solution to the Traveller issue.

Whether it’s being argued that they’re a race or an ethnic minority, either way it’s rubbish. They are Irish like the rest of us, albeit the lifestyle and inbreeding has led to some severe health issues in many cases. It is morally wrong to impose the Traveller way of life on young children, and it’s for that reason that our politicians need to come up with a final solution to the Traveller issue.

Exactly but with the spinless fools we have in there this will never happen.

I've stood up to travellers and to be honest a lot are cowards and big mouths.

I've had many dealings over the years in work but have also had one in a road rage incident where fists were thrown.

He was my best mate after as I could take the digs but him not so well.

Fcuk this government and their a#s hat ways we need people that will tell it how it is and get that dangerous one zapone out as she will end up bankrupting us.

We end up with more taxes to pay for these travellers, they get housing and destroy it and the neighborhood around, they Rob people, their houses, cables, anything bolted down or not, rob exhausts off vehicles and even wheels and go as far as even turn a car on its side to do so.

When will the babying around them stop as I've never come across a thicker bunch in my life.

It's great there are a little few that seem decent but I've yet to meet any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

sabat wrote: »
    In future years the state's policy of indulging this way of life will be viewed in the same way industrial schools and mother and baby homes are now. Imagine a new-born traveller baby being brought home to a halting site -accommodation that ranks in the Irish hierarchy maybe slightly above a bed in a wet hostel - the state is effectively saying "that's your lot in life kid."

What? The travellers in caravans have chosen to live in caravans? Why are you blaming the state?

Nikki Sixx wrote: »
    What? The travellers in caravans have chosen to live in caravans? Why are you blaming the state?

I think it's more so as they're are actually pandering to them and giving them everything but they will turn it that they got nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Imagine being so lazy and backwards that you are given free houses to live in, then you burn the houses and sell them for scrap while a horse lives in another one of the houses, then expect to be given more free houses.

The horse deserves to have the house, he's a higher being and more important in society than the other wastes of oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,153 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Imagine being so lazy and backwards that you are given free houses to live in, then you burn the houses and sell them for scrap while a horse lives in another one of the houses, then expect to be given more free houses.

The horse deserves to have the house, he's a higher being and more important in society than the other wastes of oxygen.

They also 'traditionally' burn houses and caravans to the ground if someone dies in one.
    All four caravans were set alight at the entrance of the Glynmill Caravan Site in Merthyr, including one which Mrs Marshall bought only a month before her death.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3613126/Travellers-burn-four-caravans-Queen-Gipsies-possessions-ancient-rite.html

Well, at least they have all that hard earned money to buy new ones whenever they want.

Well, at least they have all that hard earned money to buy new ones whenever they want.

From such hard work of course...,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

sabat wrote: »

Why should the state have any involvement at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Danny_B wrote: »
    This Bernard Sweeney fella has really out done himself this time. He decided that a tweet from Leo about the young journalist killed the other night would be the right time to compare to what apparently FG have done to the travellers.....

https://twitter.com/1bernardsweeney/status/1119174275255160833

There is a time and a place for that crap and on a message of condemnation against the murder of a young life isn't it. He should stick to trying to ride Maggie's hole.

Haha! He is being slaughtered there even by travellers but Bernard is sticking to his ground.

Apparently FG are burning travellers to death in their own Caravans, it's not the fault of fellow travellers petrol bombing but it's FG doing it.

https://twitter.com/1bernardsweeney/status/1119222990430928896

A cretin of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

We have only gone further down the indulgence hole this past few years, the Peter casey episode also showed how invested in the whole sham the media is, too much money for the legal, quango and poverty industry and virtue signalling capital for media, for the truth to begin being told

Many vested interests love the lie too much

• Advertisement

Exactly but with the spinless fools we have in there this will never happen.

I've stood up to travellers and to be honest a lot are cowards and big mouths.

I've had many dealings over the years in work but have also had one in a road rage incident where fists were thrown.

He was my best mate after as I could take the digs but him not so well.

Fcuk this government and their a#s hat ways we need people that will tell it how it is and get that dangerous one zapone out as she will end up bankrupting us.

We end up with more taxes to pay for these travellers, they get housing and destroy it and the neighborhood around, they Rob people, their houses, cables, anything bolted down or not, rob exhausts off vehicles and even wheels and go as far as even turn a car on its side to do so.

When will the babying around them stop as I've never come across a thicker bunch in my life.

It's great there are a little few that seem decent but I've yet to meet any.

Several garage men have told me you can't leave a toe bar on a car in a forecourt as the travellers will snatch them

A cretin of the highest order.

Yet Vincent browne saw fit to appear on his youtube channel show earlier this year

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Yet Vincent browne saw fit to appear on his youtube channel show earlier this year

The absolute state of it. He got a nice grant for all that equipment and then immediately was looking for more money. He could learn how to use the stuff he's got first.

He also called Margaret Cash "The Irish Rosa Parks"

He should be boiled in public for such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Whether it’s being argued that they’re a race or an ethnic minority, either way it’s rubbish. They are Irish like the rest of us, albeit the lifestyle and inbreeding has led to some severe health issues in many cases.

the fact they have ethnic minority status would suggest it's not rubbish, i'm afraid. i don't believe they would have such a status unless there was validity to such status.
    It is morally wrong to impose the Traveller way of life on young children, and it’s for that reason that our politicians need to come up with a final solution to the Traveller issue.

they already have. it's called letting the way of life change of it's own accord. that is the only option available.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭normanoffside

The absolute state of it. He got a nice grant for all that equipment and then immediately was looking for more money. He could learn how to use the stuff he's got first.

He also called Margaret Cash "The Irish Rosa Parks"

He should be boiled in public for such nonsense.

You know what else? The only people to donate to his 'fund' were Pavee point. They also let him use their offices as his studio for that show.

Since then Bernard has spent his time publicly slagging off pavee Point (see Below)
    Talk about cutting of his nose to spite his face...

https://www.facebook.com/100007227857780/videos/2268557656728474/

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭John2136

It's hilarious the amount of horrible things said in this thread and not a single warning is handed out, it just shows that the mods only hand out bans when someone says something they don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

John2136 wrote: »
    It's hilarious the amount of horrible things said in this thread and not a single warning is handed out, it just shows that the mods only hand out bans when someone says something they don't like.

Not really. Up till a few years ago practically every thread with a negative slant against travellers would have been shut down a fairly short order.

I’m guessing that site policy has been infused with reality. In the same way that there’d be no point in shutting down a discussion on how apples, by and large, tend to be really very ‘appley’. Some people might of course enter such a discussion, arguing that many apples are orangey, and that they even met an apple once that was completely grapefruity.

Apples are apples. Can’t argue with reality.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

My wife works in the local Tesco, a pair of our ethnic friends went up and tried to pay for stuff with a dud 50. Security got it, they tried to take it back claiming that they had got it from someone who they sold an iPhone to.
    Also turns out that they had also robbed 2 dressing gowns by wearing them and walking out.
    Couldn't challenge them because they didn't see it until the cctv was reviewed.

And these arseholes want to be treated fairly..stop being a thieving cu.nt and we will.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Danny_B wrote: »
    My wife works in the local Tesco, a pair of our ethnic friends went up and tried to pay for stuff with a dud 50. Security got it, they tried to take it back claiming that they had got it from someone who they sold an iPhone to.
    Also turns out that they had also robbed 2 dressing gowns by wearing them and walking out.
    Couldn't challenge them because they didn't see it until the cctv was reviewed.

And these arseholes want to be treated fairly..stop being a thieving cu.nt and we will.

I LOL'ed.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Garda are currently at a halting site in Sligo which was featured in that RTÉ traveller program a while back. It appears their illegal scrap metal activities are being shut down)

They are the family (McDonaghs) who are living in the car park and wouldn’t move to another area as they were feuding with the other traveller family (Ward) residing there. The council we’re going to build a wall to keep them separate.

https://www.facebook.com/115071508505532/posts/2436433169702676?sfns=mo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement