Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 6) *Read Mod Note in Post 1* Revised 13-01-19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Maybe ye lot just aren't hard enough for McGregor's whiskey......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Harper Crooked Season

cletus wrote: »
    I think its been established a number of times on this thread that the whiskey is a three year old Bushmills. Hardly turpentine

Back to Lidl's so.. Bushmills is €18:99 there this evening.. The paint stripper they couldn't put their name to but sold to CmcG is over €15 dearer.

The prosecution rests its case :pac:

• Back to Lidl's so.. Bushmills is €18:99 there this evening.. The paint stripper they couldn't put their name to but sold to CmcG is over €15 dearer.

To be fair the proper 12 bottles are nice.... feel nice and heavy and have a cork... has at least one thing going for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Back to Lidl's so.. Bushmills is €18:99 there this evening.. The paint stripper they couldn't put their name to but sold to CmcG is over €15 dearer.

Some chip on your shoulder, surely that's not the way a true martial artist should act?

• To be fair the proper 12 bottles are nice.... feel nice and heavy and have a cork... has at least one thing going for it

so what?..good for glassing someone?..although, knowing McGregor, it was probably a stipulation..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Mad whiskey talk, i never thought i would be interested in it.

Like one here or there but never would be one that could tell a good one to a ''Good'' one if you know what i mean. Does have a heavy bottle and a cork account for much ?

Id buy it once maybe go in on one for a PPV or something. Other than that i haven't a clue of its value.

Bound to get pleps buying it but maybe thats the point, on memory i did have some black label jameson thing once and it did taste memorable couldn't tell you what now.

Ill grab one or most likely be given one for Christmas and place it away until he fights paulie or company goes tits up and its nice memorabilia.

if not and its success deadly

so what?..good for glassing someone?..although, knowing McGregor, it was probably a stipulation..

Dunno, how far could one throw a heavy glass bottle as opposed to the one CmcG threw at Diaz?.

My guess is you could get more velocity and weight behind the heavier glass bottle but at the cost of a shorter range to target.

That said, I do like a cork rather than a screw on cap.

Your a dickhead

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

So lads who do we reckon next- Conor - Aldo @ 155 and Ferguson Khabib for the belt.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Take a long overdue break for a week from the forum. You add little but your constant trolling and goading others. Don't think your smartass comments have gone unnoticed either. Your time would be better spent in AH instead if that's all you have to bring to the discussion here. Keep it up and the ban will get longer or just permanent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,435 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Commanchie wrote: »
    So lads who do we reckon next- Conor - Aldo @ 155 and Ferguson Khabib for the belt.

Dana said (I know, I know) that he wants GSP to fight a top 5 LW before giving him a title shot which could be his way of justifying GSP Vs Mcregor. Especially if they manage to do it at the cowboy stadium. No belts would be needed for that ppv main event.

Either that or Conor Diaz 3 but I don't think Conor comes back till after the 2nd kid is born anyway. Whoever he does come back for, he needs to seriously get back to his version against Eddie, if that's even possible anymore.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Dana said (I know, I know) that he wants GSP to fight a top 5 LW before giving him a title shot which could be his way of justifying GSP Vs Mcregor. Especially if they manage to do it at the cowboy stadium. No belts would be needed for that ppv main event.

Either that or Conor Diaz 3 but I don't think Conor comes back till after the 2nd kid is born anyway. Whoever he does come back for, he needs to seriously get back to his version against Eddie, if that's even possible anymore.

Conor gets smashed against GSP,imo, but it sells, i really deep down wanna see conor v tony no interest for diaz just yet. {Depends on Khabibs situ}.

Khabib does him again if a rematch

Nate has had multiple opportunities and keeps holding out for money and fair play but y'know shelf life in all.

The trilogy with nate could end bad for conor is he is not in the right place.
    Id like a

Tony v Conor would be savage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I don't think Conor comes back till after the 2nd kid is born anyway.

Which ties in with JK suggesting St Patrick's weekend as the baby is due mid Jan.

Have a feeling it'll be the Diaz trilogy fight first for McGregor though and Khabib will fight Tony next.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 lesliescott586

Looks like Khabib is getting Tony with all his threats. I could see Nate and Conor at 165, since Dana has said he’s just waiting for Nate to be dying to get in there. A Conor paycheck could get him motivated.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think its been established a number of times on this thread that the whiskey is a three year old Bushmills. Hardly turpentine

The 3 year old part was just speculation. 3 years is the legal minimum. So people decided it was the bare 3 years before it was ever on sale. As far as I know, nobody knows what the blend actually is.

Bushmills only started selling a 3yr old for the first time this year. Red Bush. The regular white lanekI've tried it and it tastes as you'd expect. The girlfriend got a bottle of Proper 12 in work so I I've tried that too. And imo it's not similar to Red Bush at all, it's smoother, less harsh. It's young obviously, at that price it has to be. But could be some older stuff, and/or sherry cask or whatever in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭cletus

I've always considered you to be one of the most reasoned posters on these fora, Harper Crooked Season, but I'm surprised at the way you've been posting on this thread.

You're replying to me now as if I'm one of these new McG fans who's here shouting about 'dat left hand' and what great craic it all was when Khabib jumped out of the cage

I've always considered you to be one of the most reasoned posters on these fora, Makikomi, but I'm surprised at the way you've been posting on this thread.

You're replying to me now as if I'm one of these new McG fans who's here shouting about 'dat left hand' and what great craic it all was when Khabib jumped out of the cage

I am reasoned, tbh I shouldn't really be posting on these threads simply because I can't take about 98% of the posters seriously. But its kinda hard too when I've people (fighters) on Facebook linking this place and posting things like 'look what they're saying now'.

Look I liked CmcG's fighting style from the start, and even wore Tapout T-shirts.. Very blurred screen shot but I'm bottom corner with my son and wearing a black Tapout hoodie (for shame :p )

464256.jpg

If I offended or insulted you personally please accept my sincere apologies.

I'll try be more disciplined in future, and thanks for pointing that out to me. You're actually one of only a very small group here who's posts I take serious.

However I still maintain that Proper 12 whiskey is way over priced for what it is. But who knows, if it was around 15 years ago when I was a Tapout wearing MMA fanboy I might have bought a bottle :D

***Late edit***

Found another one of me wearing Tapout, and a little history in this one.

This was the first week training of what would eventually become Team Ryano.

Andy was a BJJ blue belt here and a Judo black belt (there are two Judo black belts in the photo).. Most of the lads in this photo are still training now, to date there are three BJJ black belts and three Judo black belts in the photo.

The group was SBG Northside back then (2005)

464259.jpg

JK's SBG was training in a shed at the back of a house on the park end of the North Circular Road back then, way before Conor's time!.

There ya go, I'll try not take the bait again. Very naughty of me, bold Marto :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭cletus

@makikomi: I get it, but I suppose I just figure that the only way to pull these threads back to some sort of normalcy is to keep making objective, reasoned posts. Otherwise the pendulum just keeps swinging more and more between the two opposite points of view, until we end up with Sherdog.

I have a tapout long sleeve tee. I wear it when I feel like being retro and ironic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

.However I still maintain that Proper 12 whiskey is way over priced for what it is. But who knows, if it was around 15 years ago when I was a Tapout wearing MMA fanboy I might have bought a bottle :D

I don't think anyone ever contested the price being high to be honest, the oul celeb price as opposed to normal price.
    Seems to be selling well to the group he was aiming for, so I'd say he's happy enough for now.

I'm more a vodka or rum drinker so I just pay no attention to it :)

Anyway, WAR MCGREGOR, DAT LEFT HAND, WARRIOR, STAUNCH, I AM FIGHTING

Etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Still Ill

That video he posted on Instagram of him shouting advice to Katie Taylor is pretty cringeworthy.

• Advertisement

I have a tapout long sleeve tee. I wear it when I feel like being retro and ironic :D

I'd still wear Tapout gear but their quality went to crap about ten years ago. I still have the grey Tapout t-shirt I'm wearing in that photo above, its one of the original with the huge TapouT across the back.

Back to the thread so, and that screen print from his fight. I vividly remember hearing his punches land in that fight and thinking that guy was dropping bombs, he was an incredible striker even back then.

But then they were brilliant days too, we all knew each other and those of us who were just that little too old to compete wished we were younger, I was in my mid 30's.

Even Owen Roddy was a little before his time. Its a terrible pity he wasn't just a few years younger, I've no doubt he'd have gotten to the UFC.

A more decent guy you'd never meet. I like his clips because with Owen what you see is really what you get.

I'd love to see CmcG come back a little more humble, less insulting. That rubbish is for the WWE clowns or knackers outside Abrakabra's on a Saturday night.

That said I really don't follow the UFC too closely, although I did go to the first one here in Dublin (I thought it was rubbish). So if he didn't come back tbh I wouldn't be missing anything either.

One thing I detest is the people who'd love to see him go from rags to riches to rags again. Regardless people's views of him he has a young family now and I hope they all lead very comfortable, wealthy and healthy lives.

Right, just back from a run and starving. Time to feed the machine :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Khabibs cousin was fighting in PFL last night, the one that Conor gave a black eye. Notice anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mmmayonaise

Still Ill wrote: »
    That video he posted on Instagram of him shouting advice to Katie Taylor is pretty cringeworthy.

No different to someone watching a football match on the tele and screaming "pass it" or telling a player to "shoot". He was just passionate.

Some of his antics are definitely cringeworthy. This was not one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

from about 7 mins on Paulie talks about Mcgregor Vs Khabib.

Hard not to agree with what he says especially the "just business" mid fight stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

ricero wrote: »

Hard not to agree with what he says especially the "just business" mid fight stuff.

Yourself and Paulie have a lot in common ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

ricero wrote: »

Here we go again...He never actually said "just business" Its just the first person who made a video on it subtitled it as that and very few people could be bothered to actually listen to the audio carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Still Ill

No different to someone watching a football match on the tele and screaming "pass it" or telling a player to "shoot". He was just passionate.

Some of his antics are definitely cringeworthy. This was not one of them.

Was more him posting the close up of it on Instagram making it look like he knows more about boxing than Katie Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Still Ill wrote: »
    Was more him posting the close up of it on Instagram making it look like he knows more about boxing than Katie Taylor.

Or maybe he's just a fan of boxing and Katie herself..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

McG did say just business

I don't get why people are trying to defend him, there is nothing to defend, he was basically telling Khabib to shut the fcuk up with his "let's talk now" crap.

I really don't get this need to 'defend' McG, he is an incredibly successful elite athlete, he's doing ok and he couldn't give two ****es about what randomers on the internet think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 mmmayonaise

JJayoo wrote: »
    McG did say just business

I don't get why people are trying to defend him, there is nothing to defend, he was basically telling Khabib to shut the fcuk up with his "let's talk now" crap.

I really don't get this need to 'defend' McG, he is an incredibly successful elite athlete, he's doing ok and he couldn't give two ****es about what randomers on the internet think.

The only disappointment from an athletic point of view is that he should have been in his prime.

Instead he took 2 years off.

Shame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement