Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

slegs wrote: »
    This is a fairly common type of issue after porting to a new network. The problem is that your previous network hasnt updated the central porting database properly after the port and as a result the network routing of the texts is not happening correctly to some networks. The reason some people on 3 could be receiving could be because their port history is different to others causing a different routing experience for the text delivery.

This happens often with ports and the networks have processes to deal with issues like this between their customer care teams. Lyca CS should have spotted this and should contact your previous network on your behalf to have this resolved.

right i understand that and hopefully they can sort it out this time but the international texts not delivering is a major issue for me even though it's coming up on my phone that it has been delivered, they are saying that it's a problem on the other side but when i was with o2 this never happened

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

Hi all,
    Has anybody managed to top up online without having to call CS first?

I registered my sim and then tried to top up online and while the site accepts all data entered at the last step ie. taking the payment, it come up with a msg, saying I must call CS first.

BTW its an O2 Visa debit card, don't know if that makes any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

It's all bullcrap, the text problem is with Lycamobile and nobody else. Over the years I've been with all the networks except emobile and this has never happened before, they've even stopped responding to my emails now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Sparkrite wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Has anybody managed to top up online without having to call CS first?

I registered my sim and then tried to top up online and while the site accepts all data entered at the last step ie. taking the payment, it come up with a msg, saying I must call CS first.

BTW its an O2 Visa debit card, don't know if that makes any difference.

Yeah it can be a bit hit and miss. I am on windows 8 and have terrible trouble using IE. I have better luck with chrome. Give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

bmaxi wrote: »
    It's all bullcrap, the text problem is with Lycamobile and nobody else. Over the years I've been with all the networks except emobile and this has never happened before, they've even stopped responding to my emails now.

they fixed my text problem but it was only to one person on Meteor.

New problem - when anyone rings me it takes a ridiculous amount of time for the call to connect and my phone to start ringing (I've timed it as up to 15 seconds) with the result that people who don't know about this hang-up before getting through. Anyone else having the same issue?

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    they fixed my text problem but it was only to one person on Meteor.

New problem - when anyone rings me it takes a ridiculous amount of time for the call to connect and my phone to start ringing (I've timed it as up to 15 seconds) with the result that people who don't know about this hang-up before getting through. Anyone else having the same issue?

The fact they were able to fix your problem would confirm that the fault is within their control.

As for the other problem, I don't think that's confined to Lycamobile. When I was with Tesco my family would tell me the phone had been ringing for ages, whereas it would only have rung a couple of times on my end. Maybe something to do with roaming?

The fact they were able to fix your problem would confirm that the fault is within their control.

As for the other problem, I don't think that's confined to Lycamobile. When I was with Tesco my family would tell me the phone had been ringing for ages, whereas it would only have rung a couple of times on my end. Maybe something to do with roaming?

the point is it doesn't ring, there's just silence and then the caller thinks they can't get through and hangs up.

the point is it doesn't ring, there's just silence and then the caller thinks they can't get through and hangs up.

Just so we're clear. Are you saying the caller doesn't hear a ringtone or you don't?

Just so we're clear. Are you saying the caller doesn't hear a ringtone or you don't?

neither of us - the caller hears silence, my phone doesn't ring.

Eventually if they wait on the line long enough they get a ringtone and my phone starts ringing (tested from my landline and the wife's phone, which is on Vodafone).

neither of us - the caller hears silence, my phone doesn't ring.

Eventually if they wait on the line long enough they get a ringtone and my phone starts ringing (tested from my landline and the wife's phone, which is on Vodafone).

That's a new one alright. It still might be something to do with how roaming is set up, my experience of delayed ringtone only happened when I switched to Tesco who, of course, share the same network.

• Advertisement

That's a new one alright. It still might be something to do with how roaming is set up, my experience of delayed ringtone only happened when I switched to Tesco who, of course, share the same network.

I moved from Tesco to Lyca, and I never heard anyone comment on delayed ringtones when I was on Tesco. I'm concerned now that I'm missing calls because people think my phone is off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Is the micro sim still not available on Lycamobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭PeWu79

PinkFly wrote: »
    Is the micro sim still not available on Lycamobile?

It is available trough their web page
    http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/free-sim-request

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Thanks for that! Couldn't see it on website and seen somewhere here that they didn't do them!

How are people finding it? My contracts up with three soon and this could save me €40 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭positron

Switched to Lyca over the weekend, Customer Support was very professional and helpful. Their website is misleading to say the least when you are looking to register - found the correct link here in boards, registered, got the password for account, signed in and there was the €5 credit. Just after configuring the internet now (following their instructions for samsug galaxy i7500 and it's basically as simple as creating a new APN to data.lycamobile.ie, username is 'lmie' and password is 'plus'.

All up and running now, no complaints! I will see what their offers are like for Feb before I top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 krb1979

Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone has been able to connect their computer to phone for tehtering wirelessly.
    I am able to connect to my phone by bluetooth but can't get internet on PC. I see APN on my computer and can connect to it but don't get connected to internet. I called Lyca customer service and they mentioned that I can use either open or secured connection but I don't need any setup from their end....

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

krb1979 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone has been able to connect their computer to phone for tehtering wirelessly.
    I am able to connect to my phone by bluetooth but can't get internet on PC. I see APN on my computer and can connect to it but don't get connected to internet. I called Lyca customer service and they mentioned that I can use either open or secured connection but I don't need any setup from their end....

Thanks.

Yes I tether my samsung galaxy s to my laptop all the time. Speeds are not the best but fine for browsing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Just looking at o2 call charges 35-49c/min :eek::eek:

I'll be getting a Lyca SIM tomorrow - stayed with o2 too long :mad:

Feck all o2's 'priority moments' -
    Priority moments
    So many moments to choose from, like discounts on fashion, books, meals out or treat yourself to a trip to the cinema for just €5. Just text PRIORITY to 50202 to get started

I just want CHEAP CALLS :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭flutered

i got connected on monday of last week, i got a fivers credit, plus a fivers credit, i still have credit despite quite a no of calls and texts, i.m.o. it is way cheaper than vodafone, if this keeps up i will port over, but then i have a twin sim fone.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

3c landline calls and 19c to other mobiles.

The rates are far better than many of the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭flutered

my mate could not text me today, he is on vodafone, the text would not leave his fone.

flutered wrote: »
    my mate could not text me today, he is on vodafone, the text would not leave his fone.

Yes but he probably won't be charged for that. With Lycamobile the text leaves your phone and you're charged for it but it never reaches whoever you're texting. They're probably reading my texts in the space station because they've disappeared off the planet.
    Shower of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi guys,
    What is the data cap per month for mobile data? Does it beat 3 and 48 months? Currently on Vodafone and their 1GB is simply not enough any more.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

I've a dual Sim phone. Been messing around with Lycamobile and 48 recently.

Lyca gone crap with bundles loosing 'unlimited' bandwith on cheaper options now. Also can no longer use free double credit on bundles. Waited ages for a reply by phone. Never happened so emailed. Got a patronising message reply several days later telling me my texts had been received by the meteor number I was sending them too. It was a test I was running to my own number and none ever arrived to that or any other meteor number.

48 were amazing. Really fast internet speeds. (On O2 as Lyca but lyca appeared more throttled). Local glitchness of Meteor internet surpassed. Like going form phone line to broadband internet for me. Waited so long for my Meteor Bilpay contract to end. More intreations with meteor staff than I'd like to admit regarding them turning my Billpay to PAYG even thought I'd adhered to their criteria. Useless! 48 organised the port promply without issue including text message updates. Call quality excellent and text messages sent and recived to all networks promptly. As me sis who I'm trying to convert says you'd think I work for them. Ha I just hope they don't discover my real age. Am old enough to be the da of one of their specific age bracket.

WIZWEB wrote: »
    I've a dual Sim phone. Been messing around with Lycamobile and 48 recently.

Lyca gone crap with bundles loosing 'unlimited' bandwith on cheaper options now. Also can no longer use free double credit on bundles. Waited ages for a reply by phone. Never happened so emailed. Got a patronising message reply several days later telling me my texts had been received by the meteor number I was sending them too. It was a test I was running to my own number and none ever arrived to that or any other meteor number.

48 were amazing. Really fast internet speeds. (On O2 as Lyca but lyca appeared more throttled). Local glitchness of Meteor internet surpassed. Like going form phone line to broadband internet for me. Waited so long for my Meteor Bilpay contract to end. More intreations with meteor staff than I'd like to admit regarding them turning my Billpay to PAYG even thought I'd adhered to their criteria. Useless! 48 organised the port promply without issue including text message updates. Call quality excellent and text messages sent and recived to all networks promptly. As me sis who I'm trying to convert says you'd think I work for them. Ha I just hope they don't discover my real age. Am old enough to be the da of one of their specific age bracket.

I want to call 48, what is there customer support number??

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

madmoe wrote: »
    I want to call 48, what is there customer support number??

Thanks,
    M

They don't have one the only way you can contact them is email,facebook etc,

If i was you i would keep well clear of 48 they are a joke of a setup, my sister ported over to them d other day, she bought a membership which is to last a month, no problem for a few hours then she could not call or text anybody,

So she gets onto them and they just can't seem to fix the problem, 3 days later and she still cant call after being onto them heaps of times and they always gives her the same answer that they have a problem with there system and it could take 3-5 days to fix what a joke,

She wanted to port away from them and asked for a refund as she only made 1 or 2 calls and they just kept fobbing her off saying that they will get it fixed.

48 ARE TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS if you ask me, nothing but trouble and bad customer service.

gustafo wrote: »

If i was you i would keep well clear of 48 they are a joke of a setup, my sister ported over to them d other day, she bought a membership which is to last a month, no problem for a few hours then she could not call or text anybody,

So she gets onto them and they just can't seem to fix the problem, 3 days later and she still cant call after being onto them heaps of times and they always gives her the same answer that they have a problem with there system and it could take 3-5 days to fix what a joke,

She wanted to port away from them and asked for a refund as she only made 1 or 2 calls and they just kept fobbing her off saying that they will get it fixed.

48 ARE TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS if you ask me, nothing but trouble and bad customer service.

Thanks a million for the heads up mate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

gustafo wrote: »

I have been with 48, along with my 20yo son for almost 9 months now. We have never had any significant problems at all.

We get great 3G. We pay 10pm for unlimited calls to ALL mobile networks with great call quality.

I don't see what your problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Piliger wrote: »
    I have been with 48, along with my 20yo son for almost 9 months now. We have never had any significant problems at all.

We get great 3G. We pay 10pm for unlimited calls to ALL mobile networks with great call quality.

I don't see what your problem is.

Only problem is you're over age:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Only problem is you're over age:D:D:D
    Not a problem! Although I'd have thought that placing bizarre conditions like that would be considered unfair discriminatory practice, for the same reasons it would not be acceptable for them to offer their phone service to "white people only".
    Very strange, IMO.

Advertisement