Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap yards in Galway

• 07-05-2009 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hey all,
    Just bought a 2000 nissan almera but the inside is in pretty bad nick..just wondering if anybody knows of a good scrap yard around galway where i can try and get some parts for the inside of it..Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Theres one on the headford road (curragh line)
    another outside clare galway
    ill pm you the numbers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any of these guys might be able to help

Nohilly Martin Cummer Tuam Galway
    Headford Road Car Dismantlers
    Kilchreest Dismantlers

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Traynors' in Armagh city deliver weekly in Galway from a carpark somewhere (not sure where they go now though). They stock a huge amount of parts and place your order for the following week.
    ValerieR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

ValerieR wrote: »
    Traynors' in Armagh city deliver weekly in Galway from a carpark somewhere (not sure where they go now though). They stock a huge amount of parts and place your order for the following week.
    ValerieR

Thats up in Doughiska in the car park
    by the traffic lights off the Merlin road on thursdays
    also seen them last thursday in Tuam about an hour or
    so later :D

saved a packet on a window regulator off them
    a few months back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭lego101

Hi can someone please tell me can you just go into the cars and start taking out pieces because I want speakers and wires and I would love to go tomorrow but I would like to know this Forster thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Cars in scrap yards? No, usually you ring them first and see if they have the car parts you need, then you go over and speak to someone there and then go collect what you need.
    Mind, most often the windows etc are broken so the interior is usually in bad condition. But hey, sometimes you get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

For insurance reasons they don't usually let you wander about pulling bits out.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Do they buy full cars that are fit for the scrap heap?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hoodrats

alibabba wrote: »
    Do they buy full cars that are fit for the scrap heap?
    yes they will buy complete cars as long as they are not antiques but they will pay you as little as possible.

minxie wrote: »
    Thats up in Doughiska in the car park
    by the traffic lights off the Merlin road on thursdays
    also seen them last thursday in Tuam about an hour or
    so later :D

saved a packet on a window regulator off them
    a few months back

Just wondering about specifics off this place?

He mentioned Merlin to me, but I couldn't understand the accent :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Just wondering about specifics off this place?

He mentioned Merlin to me, but I couldn't understand the accent :)

Its in the Car Park of the Castlegar Hurling Complex where the Merlin Furniture Store is. Head straight out the Dublin Road from Town - past Galway Crystal - past the turnoff to the Coast Road. At the next light take a right and its just there on your right.

Advertisement