Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,812 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Macker1 wrote: »
    Any update on GOTY & Jug Qualifying details given the curtailed year. ?

at this stage i'm just happy that we have a few outings to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Macker1

Seve OB wrote: »
    at this stage i'm just happy that we have a few outings to look forward to.

Likewise.....but if the GOTY and Jug is to be scrapped for this year given the reduced outings then the committee should get their desicion out shortly given that the next outing is fast approaching. Just to let everyone know where it stands for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Hey lads,

Any idea when the invite for the 18th will be going out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sure we should do the current top 10 for the jug team...that's fair, right? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Macker1 wrote: »
    Likewise.....but if the GOTY and Jug is to be scrapped for this year given the reduced outings then the committee should get their desicion out shortly given that the next outing is fast approaching. Just to let everyone know where it stands for 2020.

I'm looking to book in an extra outing in early October Macker and make Jug/GOTY based on best 4 out of 5 outings.

Will confirm details asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Hey lads.

Is Kilkea castle going ahead??

Iang87 wrote: »
    Hey lads.

Is Kilkea castle going ahead??

Yes, it is indeed

i haven't done Teamer yet, I'll get it out later on

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭KevH1984

Unfortunately I've had a mix up of dates and am not going to be able to attend next weekend. Sincerest apologies and hopefully will be out at the next outing.

Hi All,

As was mentioned earlier, the committee were looking at an option for an extra event to give us 5 for the year, with best 4 scores going to GOTY. To that end, we've added an extra event leaving the following as our outings for the year

July 18th, 12.00 - Klkea Castle

August 15th, 11.10 - Portarlington Golf Club

Captains Prize, September 19th, 1.30 (time may change slightly) - Glasson Golf Club

October 10th, 11.30 - Palmerstown House Golf Club

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

• Advertisement

KevH1984 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I've had a mix up of dates and am not going to be able to attend next weekend. Sincerest apologies and hopefully will be out at the next outing.

ive removed you now from the outing on teamer.
    in future you can do this yourself and it would be a lot easier if people can just update teamer themselves please

Hi All,

As was mentioned earlier, the committee were looking at an option for an extra event to give us 5 for the year, with best 4 scores going to GOTY. To that end, we've added an extra event leaving the following as our outings for the year

July 18th, 12.00 - Klkea Castle

August 15th, 11.10 - Portarlington Golf Club

Captains Prize, September 19th, 1.30 (time may change slightly) - Glasson Golf Club

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Delighted to see Portarlington keeping it's spot in August. A hidden gem and the scene the very first Boards outing I attended (in 2013 I think).
    Disappointing not to be in Enniscrone for Captains but understandably so in the current climate. Never played Glasson, so nice to have 2 new courses for me on the list along with this weekend in Kilkea Castle.
    Returning to Palmerstown should be fun, I won Captains Prize there in my first year with the Society. A cracking course, a great test of golf, long and tough and always a pleasure to play

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭benny79

Me too. I had my first boards win in Glasson :D Think I might only have one.. Think I have 2 though, but cant remember the second one. Although I have had loads of seconds and thirds.

Portarlington is a super track my game was in ribbons the last time we played it so looking forward to having another crack at it and righting a few wrongs!

Updated GOTY standings as follows (adjusted to Best 4 out of 5, rather than 5 out of 8 events)

520472.PNG

Bah, just realised i won't be around for Portarlington. Gonna need some good scores in Glasson and Palmserstown.

Bloody hell this year as Captain is going to kill me I reckon.

Glasson has had to be dropped. They've started works on the course which will run through to next year, so are down to a 12 hole course, so had to do some more scrambling for an alternative. As a result the September date has shifted by a week and the venue has changed.

So, assuming that lockdown is not reinstated and nothing else changes this is now our revised set of venues to close out 2020

August 29th, 14:00 - Gowran Park Golf Club

Captains Prize, September 12th, 12:00 - Dromoland Castle Golf Club

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Will you be taking visitors for captains?

Will you be taking visitors for captains?

Assuming we have space, then yeah, that's no problem. Will have space for 36 players on the day in Dromoland, members and sponsors will get priority though

Bah! Now i won't get to play the Captains Prize, as i'm in Enniscone :( (good reason to miss i suppose).

Fair play again space...golf is all over the bloody place this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

The only one I might make is Dromoland now, looking like a complete wash for the year :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

what do you except slave some of us from kildare did what was asked of us and it maybe the case that some of us did not. If the society KNOWINGLY awards player of the year points to members from Kildare that MAY HAVE PLAYED from then ask yourself is the society helping or hindering the fight against the disease. The society needs to person up, show leadership and says it expects its members to stay within the Health advisories OR NOT The county or even more localized lockdowns are likely to be used increasingly in the future. Tell the members where the society stands on these more targeted lockdowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,704 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

what do you except slave some of us from kildare did what was asked of us and it maybe the case that some of us did not. If the society KNOWINGLY awards player of the year points to members from Kildare that MAY HAVE PLAYED from then ask yourself is the society helping or hindering the fight against the disease. The society needs to person up, show leadership and says it expects its members to stay within the Health advisories OR NOT The county or even more localized lockdowns are likely to be used increasingly in the future. Tell the members where the society stands on these more targeted lockdowns.

Honestly could you take this to PM - you have locked a thread already .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

We are not Gardaí, we do not know where every single player comes from and if we do, we cannot post it here as it’s a privacy issue. We do not have the authority to prevent someone travelling anywhere in the country.

I suggest you leave it at this now and move on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,704 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

charlieIRL wrote: »
    We are not Gardaí, we do not know where every single player comes from and if we do, we cannot post it here as it’s a privacy issue. We do not have the authority to prevent someone travelling anywhere in the country.

I suggest you leave it at this now and move on

Can we open up threads.

Bring these issues to PM and avoid any gdpr issues.

A basic principle of boards is the ability to maintain anonymity if desired.

Is it against Boards Rules to do that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Kiith wrote: »
    Bah! Now i won't get to play the Captains Prize, as i'm in Enniscone :( (good reason to miss i suppose).

Fair play again space...golf is all over the bloody place this year.

How long you over there for. Playing the open on 17th

Consider yourself not welcome anymore

Please find attached the GOTY table after Gowran Park. Bit of a change at the top, but still all to play for.

We're debating over the best way to do this given the way the year has gone. At the moment its best 4 of 5 events, but we'll likely tweak this in the next week or so.

524731.JPG

Please note that I've awarded 50 points to 4 members who are based in Kildare but couldn't attend due to restrictions.

This is drawing a line under this issue.

We have a short turnaround to the next event so will get a thread and Teamer up and going in the next day or two to get the planning started

Consider yourself not welcome anymore

Lovely thanks Charlie

Lovely thanks Charlie

That was meant for the posted after you

• Advertisement

That was meant for the posted after you
    Apologies Charlie