Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Golf Society 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Seve OB wrote: »
    probably give you a 12 so ;)

Haha, I wish.

In all seriousness. Really looking forward to getting out. Looks like a great selection of courses. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

@seve, handicap 20.5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Hi Seve,

Handicap is 18. Will be official probably by the time the first event happens. Will you send me on teamer group also please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Iang87 wrote: »
    Hi Seve,

Handicap is 18. Will be official probably by the time the first event happens. Will you send me on teamer group also please?
    Seve OB wrote:

I manage Teamer which we use to organise the outings.

If you are new here, interested in joining up, drop me a PM with your name, email, phone number, handicap and club. No biggie if you don't have a club or handicap, we will sort you out. Beginners, improvers, pros...... All welcome.

Welcome Iang87. This is what you need to send on to Seve for him to set you up, as well as being set up with Teamer yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

Best of luck for the year ahead SpaceðŸ‘My handicap is 23.8 ...........Big sombrero needed :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭a post punk

Best of luck for the year ahead SpaceðŸ‘My handicap is 23.8 ...........Big sombrero needed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Current Handicap is 19.3 - looking forward to getting back to the Society this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Annemc123

Hiya,

How do I join the society?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭benny79

Annemc123 wrote: »
    Hiya,

Thanks

Originally Posted by Seve OB
    Anyway, lads and lassies, I manage Teamer which we use to organise the outings.

If you are new here, interested in joining up, drop me a PM with your name, email, phone number, handicap and club. No biggie if you don't have a club or handicap, we will sort you out. Beginners, improvers, pros...... All welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Annemc123 wrote: »
    Hiya,

Thanks

Read the thread maybe! ;)

• Advertisement

kieran. wrote: »
    Current Handicap is 19.3 - looking forward to getting back to the Society this year.

Be good to see you back, it’s been a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

What's the story with Teamer?

Downloaded it and signed up but unsure how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Be good to see you back, it’s been a while!

Young kids take priority... Its only been 2 years

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭KevH1984

Hi All, long time lurker but would love to join the society for this year. Handicap 4.8 GUI. Hopefully will get to meet a few new people and have a bit of craic along the way.

KevH1984 wrote: »
    Hi All, long time lurker but would love to join the society for this year. Handicap 4.8 GUI. Hopefully will get to meet a few new people and have a bit of craic along the way.

Hi KevH, you're very welcome to join us. Per the messages above, can you set yourself up on Teamer, and PM SeveOB with your details, as outlined above.

See you in February hopefully!

I’ll get everyone who has pm’d me set up on teamer in the next week or 2.
    Looking forward now to getting going again, should be another great year, plenty of new faces signing up

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Snackbox20

Good evening all,
    Like a few here, have also been a long long time lurker and reader.
    May I join the society also please?
    Playing off 15.7 (16)

JJTippBhoy wrote: »
    MIne is 13.0 but likely to be 14.0 very soon

who are you?
    i'm guessing a name change has gone on here?

Just sent a Teamer message there to everyone. We have loads on board who never come to events so just nbeed to do a spring clean.
    Please accept if you want to stay in the loop, decline if you want to leave.
    thanks

Snackbox20 wrote: »
    Good evening all,
    Like a few here, have also been a long long time lurker and reader.
    May I join the society also please?
    Playing off 15.7 (16)

More than welcome to join us Snackbox. Per the above, if you haven't already, can you send on the required details by PM to SeveOB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭willabur

Just sent a Teamer message there to everyone. We have loads on board who never come to events so just nbeed to do a spring clean.
    Please accept if you want to stay in the loop, decline if you want to leave.
    thanks

Sorry for stating the obvious, but just to be super clear in my mind.. The teamer message was sent to existing members of the soc only?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Snackbox20

Thanks a million Spacecoyote. Sent on the details to Seve and today CharlieIRL set me up on teamer too.
    Looking forward to some great courses.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭recycled

February 22nd 11am - Portmarnock Links (https://www.portmarnock.com/golf.html)
    March 28th 11am - Royal Curragh (http://royalcurraghgolf.ie/)
    April 18th 11.30am - West Waterford (https://westwaterfordgolf.com/)
    May 23rd 11:00 - Bunclody (http://www.bunclodygfc.ie/)
    June 20th 11:30am - Tramore (http://tramoregolfclub.com/)
    July 18th 12:00 - Kilkea Castle (https://www.kilkeacastle.ie/golf/)
    August 22nd 12:00 - Rosslare (https://www.rosslaregolf.com/)
    Captains Prize - September 19th 13:00 - Enniscrone (https://www.enniscronegolf.com/)

Great choice...Unfortunately I will not make no1 overnight for me & May I will be out of the country. I will do my best for the last 3 and hopefully attend 1 or 2 more. Enniscrone or Carne best links I have played.....applying for my pass now... that will be a cracker...

Best of luck to you Space on your captaincy.. (give my love to Seve..ha ha)

Cheers
    recycled

willabur wrote: »
    Sorry for stating the obvious, but just to be super clear in my mind.. The teamer message was sent to existing members of the soc only?

Yes

Thanks a million Spacecoyote. Sent on the details to Seve and today CharlieIRL set me up on teamer too.
    Thanks again.

That was me ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Thanks again.

I can’t take any credit for it, it was Seveob that set you up. We’d be lost without all his help in the society.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

You can knock me off the teamer, I definitely won't make any events this year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Aleynaa

Handicap 17.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

I'd like to take the plunge and join you guys too, I'm a beginner with no handicap and no club but would love to improve and experience some great courses!

• Advertisement

Welcome Lord Derpington! Per the earlier messages in this thread, can you send on your details to SeveOB via a PM so he can set you up on Teamer.

Advertisement