Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clay Farm, Leopardstown, Dublin 18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

markpb wrote: »
    At peak times, some inbound trams start at Sandyford so people living there can get on.

All day, approx half the trams start from and terminate at Sandyford from what I can see. Even with Cross City, a number of services will terminate at Stephen's Green and head back down the line to Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

zom wrote:
    Did he/she queue for night to get it ?

zom wrote:
    PAYWALL ALERT

Yea they did. I actually like Kilternan but maybe that's because it is like the countryside. I can see why it's not for everyone. I think people put way too much value in the luas these days, fair enough if you use it every day but a lot of people don't so why pay a premium for a house beside a stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Wow... what a sham development. Disgraceful pricing by the developers; absolutely disgraceful and an absolute show of greed. Got government money, making ugly, cheap houses, and charging about 80k more than they should be. Im absolutely staggered by this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eternal31

Anyone worry about the ESB substation near this development? I believe estate builder already did research and it has no radiation, but it still worry me a little bit. It is an eye-sore...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Jeffrey Lebowski

eternal31 wrote: »
    Anyone worry about the ESB substation near this development? I believe estate builder already did research and it has no radiation, but it still worry me a little bit. It is an eye-sore...

And the landfill right beside the substation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm glad you like the area but people are entitled to disagree with you Nika. I live in the area my whole life so I know it better than you. As I said it's not as bad as it used to be but I still wouldn't like to live there. I'm not a big fan of boarded up houses for starters but we're going off topic.

With regards council housing in Clay Farm. People just prefer not to live next door to one and yes I agree most of them go over board with their concerns. Most new estates have a certain amount of social housing now so people just have to accept it if they are buying new builds.

Jeez I find ballyogan nice with the landscaping , space , front and back gardens , well kept.

Less dense than Clay farm , more space , no sub station or tip next door but there ya go

The only advantages is that it's just located right beside a Luas stop.
    Will this development be sold out in one day?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 gstones

Glenside not far away, cheaper, better area, much nicer houses and launching a few days after so has the htb too, bit of a no brainer

• Registered Users Posts: 18 hello92

gstones wrote: »
    Glenside not far away, cheaper, better area, much nicer houses and launching a few days after so has the htb too, bit of a no brainer

There's no way Glenside are cheaper - they're starting from over the €500k mark..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Expatsindublin

500k for 4 and 5 beds in Glenside. 3 beds are under 500k for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 hello92

500k for 4 and 5 beds in Glenside. 3 beds are under 500k for sure

That's not too bad at all but I don't understand how the prices are the same as last year when house prices have soared in the past 3 months let alone a year;

http://www.independent.ie/life/home-garden/homes/family-homes-in-carrickmines-35132868.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Expatsindublin

I think just have to wait. They are releasing pricing in 2 weeks. My guess is they are waiting out to see how much prices can be increases from the previous release. It's all a game- although a very expensive one for buyers

I think just have to wait. They are releasing pricing in 2 weeks. My guess is they are waiting out to see how much prices can be increases from the previous release. It's all a game- although a very expensive one for buyers

Can I ask where do you know they're releasing pricing in 2 weeks please? There is no much info on their website.

Three beds at glenside are cheaper than clay farm three beds , from the horses mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Galwayforliam

Can anyone advise on the HTB Scheme? I've tried to register on Revenue.ie today the link keeps breaking and wont let me it - have they closed it down early? Second question - is the developer at Clay Farm registered for HTB? I can't see Park Developments on Revenue's list of qualified contractors? http://www.revenue.ie/en/property/documents/htb-qualifying-contractors.pdf

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

People queuing up this morning

D619_DD5_A_81_A9_4_ABE_827_B_E69_BDDB2_DD4_D.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

godtabh wrote: »
    People queuing up this morning

D619_DD5_A_81_A9_4_ABE_827_B_E69_BDDB2_DD4_D.jpg

Eh? Is that 3 people ? Does that constitute a queue Ted?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Eh? Is that 3 people ? Does that constitute a queue Ted?

it does

As a person in the queue I can confirm there is 10 adults adults and a child queueing!

• Advertisement

As a person in the queue I can confirm there is 10 adults adults and a child queueing!

Why are you queuing so early? Are you expecting an early realease?

Queuing up for a ticket to come back Thursday - estate agent said he won't allow long queue to form and first in queue will get ticket numbers for Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Queuing up for a ticket to come back Thursday - estate agent said he won't allow long queue to form and first in queue will get ticket numbers for Thursday

Beware the "special people" who do not have to queue or get a ticket.

How many houses are being released? And when is the next phase does anyone know?

Is there a early launch?

To be fair very orderly and all got tickets and being brought to office one by one to review documents and tell them our preferences for Thursday - can't complain!

Apparently no reserved houses!

• Administrators Posts: 53,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

To be fair very orderly and all got tickets and being brought to office one by one to review documents and tell them our preferences for Thursday - can't complain!

How are you getting a ticket if you haven't even gone through the HTB application yet?

There hasn't even been floor or site plans made public for these, and people are queuing up to buy completely blind?

• Administrators Posts: 53,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Apparently no reserved houses!

Will surely be some withheld for social housing, unless they plan on having a later phase entirely devoted to social houses.

20% social housing in designated area- all apartments. Developer not on HTB yet but is in process and we're told not to worry. Anyways as it happens we've picked a 4-bed as afraid the 3 bed too small...

So hard when you can't see the houses and have to call it and pick out your house now before the viewing!! Viewing by appointment only on Thursday and public one at weekend but will be well sold out by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Jesus. It's 2005 again.

Buying a 600k house blind.

Advertisement