Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

any word on the next intake and how many they are taking in

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Approx 150 April 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Approx 150 April 2020

Assuming one after that be July at the earliest?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Approx 150 April 2020

Any official confirmation on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Anyone know when will offers start going out if the next intake is April?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Harveli18 wrote: »
    Anyone know when will offers start going out if the next intake is April?

Going on past offers, some were out 5-6 weeks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseecath

The offers also go out in waves, so don't be completely downhearted if you log-on here and see people have gotten offers and you didn't. I got 5 days' notice to be in Templemore. It can range from weeks to days depending on numbers and availability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

From the last conversation I had with Garda HR there are no scheduled intakes set for this year yet. That's not saying there won't be but they have not been scheduled, Garda HR seem to be left in the dark just as much as we are .

The change in Government may either speed this up or slow things down but that's for speculation.

I think we can all agree that more resources need to be given to the vetting department to push the hundreds of us who have passed all stages through the system and waiting for the 'call up' instead of announcing plans for future recruitment campaigns.

Im from the 2018 campaign and my heart breaks for those who are waiting since 2017 and 2016 for the call!

This is our vocation!!!

Surely we can bring a voice together to Commissioner Harris to be heard??,

We are fit, able and ready to serve!

who agrees ?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

From the last conversation I had with Garda HR there are no scheduled intakes set for this year yet. That's not saying there won't be but they have not been scheduled, Garda HR seem to be left in the dark just as much as we are .

The change in Government may either speed this up or slow things down but that's for speculation.

I think we can all agree that more resources need to be given to the vetting department to push the hundreds of us who have passed all stages through the system and waiting for the 'call up' instead of announcing plans for future recruitment campaigns.

Im from the 2018 campaign and my heart breaks for those who are waiting since 2017 and 2016 for the call!

This is our vocation!!!

Surely we can bring a voice together to Commissioner Harris to be heard??,

We are fit, able and ready to serve!

who agrees ?

I personally think it’ll be summer before any new intakes, by then new govt will be set and they should have a bunch of people cleared from their vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Krzyniek

Got the offer yesterday. Intake is on 5th of May. I am from 2018 campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SeanD123

Krzyniek wrote: »

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Krzyniek wrote: »

Congrats man I'll see ya down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

Anyone setting up a WhatsApp. Got an offer for 20th indubtion and training starting 5th May, I'm 2019 campaign oom 200s

anyone know how many are being brought in on this intake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

ddylan wrote: »
    anyone know how many are being brought in on this intake?

Its usually 200

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dean1108

I’ve been emailing HR about my application at least once a week now , I went from “Ongoing and Active” then to “vetting outstanding” and to now “Your application is at stage 4”,I’ve completed all stages and met with sergeant and superintendent..quite frustrating..anyone else having similar issues?

dean1108 wrote: »
    I’ve been emailing HR about my application at least once a week now , I went from “Ongoing and Active” then to “vetting outstanding” and to now “Your application is at stage 4”,I’ve completed all stages and met with sergeant and superintendent..quite frustrating..anyone else having similar issues?

yeah i have had the same replies for over a year now i think they just have an automated answer, stage 4 and vetting are the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

I would think 200

ddylan wrote: »
    yeah i have had the same replies for over a year now i think they just have an automated answer, stage 4 and vetting are the same thing

I'm the exact same been emailing them for months and getting the same reply just phrased differently. Very frustrating. I keep asking them questions like can they tell me what's holding it up or have I any chance of making the next intake but they ignore my questions and just say that they cannot comment on my vetting or how long it will take.

Yep me too, 2018 Application, gone from "file not complete" to vetting outstanding" to "still a stage 4 Vetting", very frustrating

• Advertisement

Yep me too, 2018 Application, gone from "file not complete" to vetting outstanding" to "still a stage 4 Vetting", very frustrating

Exact same as myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Daryl231 wrote: »
    Same here. Vetting still outstanding. Seems to be an automated reply.I received a call asking was i still intrested, after been emailing them every month. There is something fundamentally wrong with the vetting process.

That’s a good thing they called yeah? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dylan1996

Any offers over the last few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Nothing here anyway

Offers usually go out on a Friday folks

any set intakes after May? I'm still in the 'vetting outstanding' situation from 2018

I've lived in Spain, Australia and America, my sister lives in Australia now- is anyone else noticing that vetting seems to take longer if you've lived abroad ?? can anyone who has had a delayed offer or still waiting for vetting to be returned comment on this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Stretch1432

Never lived abroad all my family here in Ireland and my vetting is taking ages.

Never lived abroad all my family here in Ireland and my vetting is taking ages.

Same as that. Never lived abroad and family all in Ireland but vetting outstanding since 2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Rodeire

So i've set up a whatsapp group for the confirmed April/May intake trainees, if you PM me your name and number I will add you. Thanks guys and congrats to all!

Advertisement