Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Paddocks, Newbridge

• 14-11-2017 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

Hi All

Just went Sale Agreed on a 3-bed semi house in the 1st Phase of The Paddocks in Newbridge. Has anyone else been to view the development? What are your thoughts?

Moving out of Dublin to go there and the commute doesn't look too bad for the frequent train service.

Looking forward to finally living in a house that we own

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SusyCares

We have been thinking about the Paddocks.
    Haven't gotten a viewing yet, but went by the site on the 26th and had a stroll around.
    It's definitely our first choice but we still need to find out if any 4-beds are left.

dragon5678, did they give you an estimated date of completion?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭dragon5678

SusyCares wrote: »
    We have been thinking about the Paddocks.
    Haven't gotten a viewing yet, but went by the site on the 26th and had a stroll around.
    It's definitely our first choice but we still need to find out if any 4-beds are left.

dragon5678, did they give you an estimated date of completion?
    Hi SusyCares

Our house is already completed and ready to move into. Currently at the contract stage and we have our loan pack.

You should give the EA a shout to arrange a viewing. I don't know if i can post names/phone numbers here but the information about The Paddocks is up-to-date on Daft.

Thanks
    dragon5678

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SusyCares

dragon5678 wrote: »
    Hi SusyCares

Our house is already completed and ready to move into. Currently at the contract stage and we have our loan pack.

You should give the EA a shout to arrange a viewing. I don't know if i can post names/phone numbers here but the information about The Paddocks is up-to-date on Daft.

Thanks
    dragon5678

Hi dragon5678,
    Thank you.
    we heard back today from the agent.
    We will look to get a viewing in soon. They still have some of the units left that we are interested in, in the current phase.

Still going back and fourth with Revenue to get the H2B sorted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Are there any management fees in this new estate?

No management fees. Will be taken in charge by Kildare CC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Thanks, I'll be taking a look there myself. Right by the train station so dead handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

Hi guys whats the story with these houses, when are people moving in? I passed by there today and they still seem to be still building houses. Will there be a new entrance onto station Road or is the entrance through the meadows estate?

silverview wrote: »
    Hi guys whats the story with these houses, when are people moving in? I passed by there today and they still seem to be still building houses. Will there be a new entrance onto station Road or is the entrance through the meadows estate?

Hi Silverview

I went to the house were buying a few weeks back and it looks like our neighbours have already moved in as they had the bins out.
    We've signed our contracts yesterday and looking for a closing date of a few weeks so hopefully it happens.

For the entrance, you currently have to go through the meadows. The through road to station road is partially there as a road to an apartment block. There going to have it ready in about 2 years I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Thurn

I bought a house in that development and I think it’s a good choice. As some of you mentioned it’s a great location since it’s close to the station. Plus Newbridge has a lot of amminities and it is not just your typical commuting town.
    Silverview, I would like to think that the road that joins the state to the train station will be done earlier than 2 years. The site between the apartment blocks and the paddocks its own by a different developer than Montane (paddocks’ builder). They got planning mid October for building another apartment block in that site and a planning condition was to build that road. I would hope it’s ready in the next year!!

Regarding commuting to Dublin it all depends where you go. I commuted to Dublin south side for years and I never realized how bad it was until I stopped doing it during my maternity leave. My bus was leaving at 7:15a.m. And I was getting there on the good days at 8:50. On the bus /car you always depend on traffic,road works,accidents... my husband has done easier commutes up to the red cow. Those are easy And under the hour. The best it’s the train . If you have a job in Dublin close to pearse, Tara or Connolly you are in business. In 50’ you are in and you can work/ relax on the train. We both tried it and so far it has been great. At the moment there is a petition to reduce rail fares for Newbridge . The idea is to add Newbridge in the Short Hop Zone as Naas and Kilcock. So if you are thinking to use the train might be useful to sign the petition.

Dragon5678 and Silverview are you both living there? My house it’s not finished yet. How long from snagging to moving in?

Thurn wrote: »
    I bought a house in that development and I think it’s a good choice. As some of you mentioned it’s a great location since it’s close to the station. Plus Newbridge has a lot of amminities and it is not just your typical commuting town.
    Silverview, I would like to think that the road that joins the state to the train station will be done earlier than 2 years. The site between the apartment blocks and the paddocks its own by a different developer than Montane (paddocks’ builder). They got planning mid October for building another apartment block in that site and a planning condition was to build that road. I would hope it’s ready in the next year!!

Regarding commuting to Dublin it all depends where you go. I commuted to Dublin south side for years and I never realized how bad it was until I stopped doing it during my maternity leave. My bus was leaving at 7:15a.m. And I was getting there on the good days at 8:50. On the bus /car you always depend on traffic,road works,accidents... my husband has done easier commutes up to the red cow. Those are easy And under the hour. The best it’s the train . If you have a job in Dublin close to pearse, Tara or Connolly you are in business. In 50’ you are in and you can work/ relax on the train. We both tried it and so far it has been great. At the moment there is a petition to reduce rail fares for Newbridge . The idea is to add Newbridge in the Short Hop Zone as Naas and Kilcock. So if you are thinking to use the train might be useful to sign the petition.

Dragon5678 and Silverview are you both living there? My house it’s not finished yet. How long from snagging to moving in?

Hi Thurn

We actually did our snag on Monday and they started on it Today. All going well, looking to close in 2 weeks :)

I was already optimistic when buying the house so already have my Newbridge to Connolly TaxSaver since January. Really helped when I was going out there. At least the heuston yo Connolly work on the luas to get to work so not paying for an extra ticket.

• Advertisement

Great! Two weeks is so close.
    I hope mine can be as fast.
    I drove in yesterday and the place was full of people working on the snagged houses after 5.pm. So perhaps you might even move sooner!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 karenken20

Hi. We have bought in The Paddocks too. We bought one of the 3 bed townhouse. We are being told we can do our snag this coming week or next week. Really hoping to be in by the end of this month. :)

Great! Two weeks is so close.
    I hope mine can be as fast.
    I drove in yesterday and the place was full of people working on the snagged houses after 5.pm. So perhaps you might even move sooner!!

Yup it's really close. When we went Sale Agreed, the house was already completed. It was one of the ones along the showhouse stretch (but not a showhouse of you get what I mean) so it was good to go back in November when we placed the deposit.

Just sorting the insurances for the mortgage. Have life done and waiting on closing to set the date on the home. Should know more on Tuesday :D

karenken20 wrote: »
    Hi. We have bought in The Paddocks too. We bought one of the 3 bed townhouse. We are being told we can do our snag this coming week or next week. Really hoping to be in by the end of this month. :)

Hey. Nice. When was your house finished? Ours was actually built when we viewed back in November :)

Hey. Nice. When was your house finished? Ours was actually built when we viewed back in November :)

It's been "finished" for a while now but the finishing touches have taken some time so come together. Our next door neighbour is in and all so I'm hoping we are not too far behind them. We put our deposit down last October the weekend the houses launched so it's coming up on 4 months now. If it goes beyond this month we will need to get another property valuation for the bank as a valuation only lasts for 4 months, but hopefully that won't be necessary.

It's been "finished" for a while now but the finishing touches have taken some time so come together. Our next door neighbour is in and all so I'm hoping we are not too far behind them. We put our deposit down last October the weekend the houses launched so it's coming up on 4 months now. If it goes beyond this month we will need to get another property valuation for the bank as a valuation only lasts for 4 months, but hopefully that won't be necessary.
    I am sure you will be in by the end of the month. I was told that I would be in too and mine is not even Finished!!

I am sure you will be in by the end of the month. I was told that I would be in too and mine is not even Finished!!

Here's hoping! Our lease is up at the end of the month so we need to be out of our current home. What style house did you purchase yourself? Lots of people have moved in over the past 4 weeks or so.

Here's hoping! Our lease is up at the end of the month so we need to be out of our current home. What style house did you purchase yourself? Lots of people have moved in over the past 4 weeks or so.
    A 3 bedroom town house (type H). My lane will be the last one to be finished. I live locally so I go nearly every day to check. My house is still inside the "site" fence. Only 3 houses left in it. So I know that realistically it will be difficult to move in by the end of the month... but I know they will do their best. I even see them working on Sundays.

A 3 bedroom town house (type H). My lane will be the last one to be finished. I live locally so I go nearly every day to check. My house is still inside the "site" fence. Only 3 houses left in it. So I know that realistically it will be difficult to move in by the end of the month... but I know they will do their best. I even see them working on Sundays.

We bought the same type. We are locals too so are up and down a good bit probably driving the builders demented 😆

We bought the same type. We are locals too so are up and down a good bit probably driving the builders demented 😆

We're coming from Dublin so looking forward to going to a more quiet, less city life. We went for a type K. Really like the look of the Hs though but I don't think any were left when we were looking. Unfortunately missed the launch date and came about a month later :/

Really like Newbridge of what I've seen so far. Looks like we'll be needing a car next. Have my test on Wednesday so fingers crossed :)

• Advertisement

Hi Thurn

A question I had for you as I remembered it there, the train from Newbridge to Grand Canal Dock, is it busy in the mornings? Looking at getting the 7:00 or 7:19 service.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Hi Thurn

A question I had for you as I remembered it there, the train from Newbridge to Grand Canal Dock, is it busy in the mornings? Looking at getting the 7:00 or 7:19 service.

The 7:19 train has Newbridge as its first stop and it's normally not too crowded. Any time I've taken it, I've always had a seat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭deisecelt

Hi all. We're moving in this sat. Exciting times. Does anyone know yet what internet providers cover the estate? Thanks

deisecelt wrote: »
    Hi all. We're moving in this sat. Exciting times. Does anyone know yet what internet providers cover the estate? Thanks

Sounds exciting!! Only two days!!
    I asked a while back and I was told the place it's wired for eir. There is also cable for virgin Atlantic that you can use for tv or broadband.

LisaLee wrote: »
    The 7:19 train has Newbridge as its first stop and it's normally not too crowded. Any time I've taken it, I've always had a seat. :)

Yes the same for me! So no need to rush for a seat :)

Did you snag yet? I could not believe when I was told I can do mine by the end of next week. I have no doubt that you will be in by the end of the month!!

Did you snag yet? I could not believe when I was told I can do mine by the end of next week. I have no doubt that you will be in by the end of the month!!

We are doing our Snag on Saturday. So excited to move now :)

We are doing our Snag on Saturday. So excited to move now :)

Oh cool

We were told today our Snag items are mostly done and should be finished by Wednesday, with a few for us to close on Friday.

Heading down on Saturday too to look at the snag fixes and meeting someone about an attic conversion. Looking forward to seeing the place one last time before we actually own it :D

Oh cool
    Heading down on Saturday too to look at the snag fixes and meeting someone about an attic conversion. Looking forward to seeing the place one last time before we actually own it :D

We just got the attic floored. Can't afford to get a conversion done yet but it's definitely on the cards a couple of years down the line. There is great space in the attic.

• Advertisement

We just got the attic floored. Can't afford to get a conversion done yet but it's definitely on the cards a couple of years down the line. There is great space in the attic.

I really wanted to get ours floored but the OH said why floor it when we can convert it so we went down that route.

I was surprised to see the space in ours, and theres loads of headroom too.

Advertisement