Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Parcel Received

• 25-01-2021 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Received a UK parcel today, it was delivered by An Post and I wasn't charged any duties or VAT

It's value is only £40 so I wasn't expecting to be charged duty at checkout but as the value is over €22, shouldn't I have been charged VAT in the form of a bill from An Post?

I don't have an EORI number

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Received a UK parcel today, it was delivered by An Post and I wasn't charged any duties or VAT

It's value is only £40 so I wasn't expecting to be charged duty at checkout but as the value is over €22, shouldn't I have been charged VAT in the form of a bill from An Post?

Yes you should but Revenue/An Post can't check everything. You only need EORI if you are a trader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Probably sent under "delivery duty paid" terms which means the seller handles the customs/VAT charges.

Very unlikely you will receive any bill. Any outstanding charges generally need to be settled prior to delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Where did you order from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Where did you order from?

An independent office supplier but they did everything correctly, their EORI number was displayed on parcel along with the sterling value.

Advertisement