Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is a Note 10 Plus a good buy?

• 21-01-2021 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

I'm considering a Note 10 plus for maybe 500£ online in the UK where I'm based ATM. I really liked the stylus on the Note 4 and can't see anything on the market that has similar. Is a Snapdragon import worth the bother or is the Exynos version good enough do ye think? Would insurers repair a Snapdragon import? Both are gotten easily enough online here. I have an S9 plus atm and could do with a bigger battery. Would intend to hold onto the Note 10 for at least three years.
    Any thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's a great phone, I've had every Note since the 8 and none of them fail to deliver, Mrs. Clareman still uses the 9 and there is no problem with her using it for anything. Personally my daily phone is the 20 Ultra but I still have the 10+ as a backup, I tried some XBox Gaming on it around Christmas and it worked perfectly with no glitching or any sign of not being able to cope with the gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I have the note 9 for about 18 months now. I think it will last me at least another year as I have yet to see a true spiritual successor.

It's more than powerful enough, has plenty of features, the s-pen etc. If you want to save some money (or have a headphone jack), a second hand (or even new in box) note 9 might be right for you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've had it about about 9 months now and pretty happy with it. Camera, battery life, display all great. I don't think spending more to get the snapdragon version is worth it, if they were the same price wherever you're buying then yeah go for snapdragon. You might get more battery life out of it but it's never been a problem for me with exynos. I'm probably going to sell it on in a few months due to 2 things that I've grown tired of, the width and the glare on the curved edges. My next phone will be flat screen and smaller, maybe s21 or s20fe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Just bought one from Amazon.de for €667 and the 5G version just arrived - it wasn't mentioned anywhere that it was 5G so that's a nice surprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I have the dual SIM version for about 18 months now and use it a lot for work. Handy not having to have two phones in my pocket.
    Never a moment's bother with it and always has enough power to do anything I need.

• Advertisement
Advertisement