Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommended Irish shops or websites to buy Vitamin D3 from?

Options
  • 12-01-2021 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Most chemists have a vitamin section,try ringing your local to see what they stock and strength.
    Not used Holland and Barrett as they do big stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SaltyJohn

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

SaltyJohn wrote: »
    Where are you based?

Hi SJ. Near Cork City.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

boots, H&B, myprotein.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SaltyJohn

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi SJ. Near Cork City.

Any of the branches of Here's Health, and Natural Choice have very good D3 supplements. Holland & Barrett may not always be vegan I think. The quality can be variable for other vitamins certainly (they're very good at times of course - just be aware they tend to change things around a good bit). Maybe online is better there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Just be aware that their are different carrier oils. Sunflower or coconut.
    One may not suit you while the other will.

Not all vit d is good quality.

Has anyone here bought from https://www.vegetology.com since 1-1-2021 (post-Brexit)? Was there any hassle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

All products made in the UK that aren't classified as a service have no tariffs/duty. I think you're grand but it'll probably take a while to get here. I used to order 9 months in bulk from them so I did that in November so I wouldn't have to think about this.

Any recommendations for good online stores (that sell supplements) based in Northern Ireland? Note this line ["From 1 January 2021, you may have to pay extra tax when having your online shopping delivered from the UK (this does not include Northern Ireland)."] from: https://whatsnew.citizensinformation.ie/2021/01/14/know-your-rights-shopping-online-from-the-uk-after-brexit/

• Advertisement

Actually my advice is probably wrong..I don't think anyone knows what the hell is going on when ordering from the UK. I'll probably just order to my home address in NI and collect it when I go back later this year. Brexit is such a confusing mess.

Contact the seller directly, they are very helpful and communicate quickly. I'm sure they have EU clients and can offer advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Vitamins are classed as food supplements and are essentially unregulated. Whether you buy in a chemist, health store or online, there is no guarantee of the quality.

I buy my vitamin D in Aldi. You get 105 12.5ug tablets, labelled as suitable for vegetarians, in the box.

"Hi, it’s all unclear at the moment. We’re carrying on as normal for now and trying to get straight answers. If you order and any issues arise (none have yet), please just let us know and we’ll deal with it"

That's what I got back from Vegetology. What a shambles Brexit is. I feel sorry for small businesses like Vegetology having to deal with that uncertainty.

How about good websites that sell vegan supplements from other EU countries? Any recommends? Thanks.

I remember buying Minami vegan DHA which is available in shops here. Got it in work and It was stil dear at cost. It's 40 euro retail. Absolute rip off.

Advertisement