Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung S21 range launch january 14th.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

No headphones, chargers or accessories. Plastic backs and 1080p screens on the s21 and s21 plus. No micro sd card support on the s21 and s21 plus. For €1000? Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

No headphones, chargers or accessories. Plastic backs and 1080p screens on the s21 and s21 plus. No micro sd card support on the s21 and s21 plus. For €1000? Not a chance.
    If thats the case, i would agree. Sounds like 800 would be a fairer price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭corks finest

Rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Allegedly significant improvements in the camera department...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Sounds like they're releasing the Samsung S19. I'm using Samsung phones for the past 6 years. I'm finally going elsewhere.

Samsung have gone full retard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone watch the event,I didn't see it but from what I've seen online most people seem unhappy with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

yabadabado wrote: »
    Anyone watch the event,I didn't see it but from what I've seen online most people seem unhappy with it.

Mental money for these. No chargers or headphones in the box, no micro sd expansion, s21 and s21 plus have only 8gb RAM and 128gb Storage. Plastic back on the s21. 1080p screen on the s21 and plus. Average batteries. Why anyone would spend money on these is beyond me..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MKBHD:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

It's all on the camera, specially on the Ultra, if it lives up to the expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It's crazy people have got used to paying almost €1000 for a phone. Not so long ago the flagships were all about €6-700.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Time for an upgrade from my S10

New range very pricy and then the battle of continuing my bill pay or buying phone right out and going sim only plan

I imagine the freebies are only with the ultra ?

PTH2009 wrote: »

New range very pricy and then the battle of continuing my bill pay or buying phone right out and going sim only plan

No ,they all have buds and smart tag but think Ultra gets the Bud Pro.

I think the difference in the freebies are that you get downgraded from the buds pro to the buds live.

I'm open to correction though.

it seems nice and all...but if the note 20 ultra drops in price this week, id go for that...

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I think the difference in the freebies are that you get downgraded from the buds pro to the buds live.

I'm open to correction though.

Id be happy with that

Need to do my maths before and not rush in to buying too quickly

Check your emails lads. Just got €50 off code for the ultra from a samsung email.

Ahh even though the price goes down by €50, they're still trying to charge me the original price. Stupid

Check your emails lads. Just got €50 off code for the ultra from a samsung email

Got no email, if anyone is not using the discount code ill take it

256GB Ultra model is €899 with Three bill pay (€45 a month for 2 years which i'm on now with contract finishing in April)

I could buy the phone outright (Ultra 512GB model)for €1479 off Samsung and then try and get a cheaper sim only plan starting in April.

Head is melted esp with the free gifts only for pre sales possibility

Check your emails lads. Just got €50 off code for the ultra from a samsung email.

Ahh even though the price goes down by €50, they're still trying to charge me the original price. Stupid

The €50 discount code works on any of the models although it only says Ultra on the email.

The €50 discount code works on any of the models although it only says Ultra on the email.

Doesn't seem to work at all. When I click purchase, my revolut is trying to charge me the full price yet the samsung page shows my final price is €50 less than what samsung is asking me for on Revolut.

Can anyone else confirm the same issue?

Doesn't seem to work at all. When I click purchase, my revolut is trying to charge me the full price yet the samsung page shows my final price is €50 less than what samsung is asking me for on Revolut.

Can anyone else confirm the same issue?

I saw an order placed earlier and the discount worked but I will double check in the morning.

• Advertisement

Comparing the S21 to S20 and am I correct saying there is no upgrade at all ?

If anything it's downgraded.

Comparing the S21 to S20 and am I correct saying there is no upgrade at all ?

If anything it's downgraded.

S20 and S20+ seem to be a downgrade for me. I'm going with the Ultra which looks really solid.

Samsung are some baxtards for there trade in requirements, im disqualified because of a small crack on the end of my S10

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Samsung are some baxtards for there trade in requirements, im disqualified because of a small crack on the end of my S10

Trade in price is poor enough anyway. Trading my S20 Ultra 128GB against an S21 Ultra 128GB would still set me back 870 euro.

Only found out now the bastards got rid of the SD slot

Looking more and more likely i'll get the 512GB ultra model (which is not available for any Irish seller) outright and try get a sim only plan when my contract ends

I save a lot of photos/videos on my phone and always safe to have some extra storage space

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DubLad69

I ordered an Ultra on the Samsung website, but didn't get an order confirmation. Anyone else in the same situation?

Got no email, if anyone is not using the discount code ill take it

256GB Ultra model is €899 with Three bill pay (€45 a month for 2 years which i'm on now with contract finishing in April)

I could buy the phone outright (Ultra 512GB model)for €1479 off Samsung and then try and get a cheaper sim only plan starting in April.

Head is melted esp with the free gifts only for pre sales possibility

I am on an old sim free plan on three and out of contract.
    512 and extra 4gb of ram would be the only difference? Extra ram would be good...

DubLad69 wrote: »
    I ordered an Ultra on the Samsung website, but didn't get an order confirmation. Anyone else in the same situation?

I still didn't get one since last night

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

DubLad69 wrote: »

No nothing either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DubLad69

Pool4Life wrote: »
    No nothing either

Looks like I may have accidentally bought two of them so.

Advertisement