Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thread Moved from Motors - Why?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭josip

Beasty wrote: »
    Admin input may be forthcoming, but at this stage I've got enough on my plate elsewhere and there is limited Admin and office presence over the holiday season

Thanks Beasty.

Does the holiday season end this week, or if not, do you know when a definitive decision will be made about the reinstatement of the thread in the motors forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭carfinder

Fortunately, very little, however - from time to time in one or other of the dash cam threads, groups of posters have taken up "position" and will partake in a heated discussion about driving habits and laws, none of which belongs in the cool videos forum.

We shouldn't be moderating motoring issues.

With respect, you have articulated exactly why the thread belongs in Motors and not in Cool Videos. It is the best Motors related video thread - superior to the other threads which have been left on the Motors forum. Please bring it back to Motors

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

the silence from the mods and above is deafening

it appears from the comments here and on thread that you are being defeated on this so it looks like you are choosing to ignore.

how is that fair?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please do not expect us to be at your beck and call, particularly when there are other things going on

No one is choosing to ignore anything, but as I pointed out above and to you via PM there are far more pressing issues that have been taking up Admin time since this thread was created

The thread will be addressed once we have chance to review the situation (and that means not immediately in my own case)

Please do not expect us to be at your beck and call, particularly when there are other things going on

No one is choosing to ignore anything, but as I pointed out above and to you via PM there are far more pressing issues that have been taking up Admin time since this thread was created

The thread will be addressed once we have chance to review the situation (and that means not immediately in my own case)

no probs at all Beasty, totally understand you have other stuff to be doing, just wanted to make sure this was not being forgotten

• Advertisement

Happy New Year Beasty,

Have any of the Admins given an indication when they'll get a chance to review this issue?

I appreciate that this issue could be a bit difficult to address since there are other mods involved, but it would be reassuring to see Boards actively address it.

Thanks.

Is there any update on this thanks? I think enough posters have expressed concern that it wouldn’t be right to brush it under the carpet. Especially as zero explanation would leave the motors “moderators” free to do it again if they thought they might have to moderate a thread (which they didn’t even need to do on this).
    Would it be possible to even get some sort actual reasoning what the issue was with the thread from Biko? Definitely needs some reasonable looking at.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

It's not a case of "ask and it will happen"

This thread is to discuss the merits or otherwise. I would certainly encourage the mods to provide further explanation here.

I am coming to this completely cold. I do not know what, if any, issues the thread caused. I do not know if there are others who welcome the move.

Once we've had a sensible discussion, which can include Mods and CMods as well as Admins, we can look to agree a way forward. That may, or may not, involve a further move, or a new thread, or no further action.

Has there been any further progress with this Beasty?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As you may be aware I've been tied up with other issues on the site over the last week or two

I saw the new thread started by Reginald and posted in the Motor mods forum earlier today seeking further input from them.

At this stage none have had the opportunity to get back

That’s for that.

• Advertisement

As you may be aware I've been tied up with other issues on the site over the last week or two

I saw the new thread started by Reginald and posted in the Motor mods forum earlier today seeking further input from them.

At this stage none have had the opportunity to get back

Thanks Beasty, appreciate the update.

I think it's fair to say that since the move to the cool videos forum, the thread has effectively died, no one is interested in posting into it at its current location.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ok, throw it back to Motors.

Thanks biko

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

biko wrote: »
    Ok, throw it back to Motors.

Thank you

Thanks Biko.

Thanks to all the motors mods for being prepared to go back on their original decision.

Edit:
    I've just moved it back to Motors

thanks, good to see sense prevailing

Advertisement