Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cex

• 25-12-2020 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Are cex opening Stephens day Clonmel does anyone know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Open Stephens day 12:00-18:00 according to the google search :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

nix wrote: »
    Open Stephens day 12:00-18:00 according to the google search :)

Yes I saw that but will that apply with lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Yes I saw that but will that apply with lockdown
    Non-essential retail has not yet been closed down by the regulations, but don't hold your breath. It looks like we will be back to full Level 5 within the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Non-essential retail has not yet been closed down by the regulations, but don't hold your breath. It looks like we will be back to full Level 5 within the next few days.

I knew it was going to happen so I drove to the largest big town near me within my own county as I knew today was going to be my last day out in a while. This damn lockdown malarkey is madness the sooner they get these injections out the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

I think CeX are still operating online with collection service available (saw it somewhere in another thread).
    I'm thinking of selling my PS4 in or else maybe seeing if I can swap it for a Switch + €.
    Are they a reliable and trustworthy site to deal with?

Can anyone confirm that this is the PS4 launch model?
    https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sps4500gb002&categoryName=playstation4-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=playstation-4-500gb-black-unboxed

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

I think CeX are still operating online with collection service available (saw it somewhere in another thread).
    I'm thinking of selling my PS4 in or else maybe seeing if I can swap it for a Switch + €.
    Are they a reliable and trustworthy site to deal with?

Can anyone confirm that this is the PS4 launch model?
    https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sps4500gb002&categoryName=playstation4-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=playstation-4-500gb-black-unboxed

Thanks.

They are reliable and trustworthy. I've sent stuff via post to them before a few times with no issues and bought stuff too online.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yup, the launch models had the half shiny half matt finish, but there were also a few variants or small upgrades. Only way to know for sure is if you have the model number, and check it against here. That link to Wiki also shows what each different model had compared to the previous ones. Actually, going by that link, the "launch" C model changed the shiny to matt too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I got an email from CeX today claiming if you're selling to them now during lockdown, you can have your items collected by An Post for free. It might be common knowledge already, but I only got word today. "Blog" post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    I got an email from CeX today claiming if you're selling to them now during lockdown, you can have your items collected by An Post for free. It might be common knowledge already, but I only got word today. "Blog" post here.

I'm almost finished cost of tsushima so gonna sell that and miles Morales for 81 euro credit and then looking to buy Resi 3 remake and Sekiro for 80 quid so basically a straight swap. Both resi and sekiro bit pricey but if i got cash, would be 63 and Sekiro is hard to get for under 40 so would have to back it to get resi anyway. The free collection will be very welcome.

I was looking at the site last night to see if I'm gonna trade the Pro in. €270ish credit, and was tempted to buy a Switch but they only have manky unboxed ones in childrens colours. Plus I'm not sure how I trust the second hand switches, considering most were probably traded in by greasy handed smelly children... Bloody Nintendo and their rarely-drop-in-price hardware!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Secondhand Joycons seem like a recipe of all sorts of drifting nonsense - you can't even trust them factory fresh.

Oh I'd immediately buy the pro controller too. My hands ain't that big, but I've held them and they're way too small. I won't be mobile gaming anyway, would be constantly hooked to the tv.

I have a free collection booked for Monday so will see how this goes. It says i don't need a label so I'm assuming an post will put one on. Gonna write some details on a note inside anyway just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,627 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I have a free collection booked for Monday so will see how this goes. It says i don't need a label so I'm assuming an post will put one on. Gonna write some details on a note inside anyway just in case.

Let us know how you get on dude :)

Well, no An Post collection today. I have a tracking number but that only works when package is collected. I could have just dropped it into a post office today if i knew they'd no show.

Also, the main reason of doing this was to buy Sekiro bit that went out of stock today and who knows when they'll get another copy. Found it even cheaper on adverts so not a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Well, no An Post collection today. I have a tracking number but that only works when package is collected. I could have just dropped it into a post office today if i knew they'd no show.

I sent a package last week to Dublin via the post office, sent Wednesday arrived in the sorting in the Dublin hub on Thursday and no update since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭brady12

I find CeX very good for online orders either selling or buying bar didn't use your Revolut card buying stuff cos for some reason transactions always get ' reverted ' and your order is left in limbo

An Post just collected the games, they gave me a label to stick on and a choice of posting it myself through any postbox or he'd take it with him. Decided to post myself as a box at the bottom of my road. The journey continues..

Not going great. CEX site says they're waiting for my games while An Post site can't find any info for the tracking number they gave me. Will ring them Monday if still nothing. You definitely wouldn't want to be in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Not going great. CEX site says they're waiting for my games while An Post site can't find any info for the tracking number they gave me. Will ring them Monday if still nothing. You definitely wouldn't want to be in a hurry.

I sent something to CEX that took 7 days from when I sent it to hear back from them by email. That was for store credit & even then the an post tracking still hasn't updated since from it being sorted at a hub.

• Advertisement

So still nothing yesterday so i rang An Post and they said package was never scanned, asked if i dropped it in the postbox? I said i did as the postman suggested that. She said that was a mistake and now they can't track it but should still arrive by regular post. I contacted CEX and they just confirmed they still don't have it. An Post says to wait until Thursday and fill out a missing post form. Not sure that that does but this is some balls.

Tldr: make sure postie takes the package away with him or you at least hand it in over a counter.

That's a right fuck up alright. How much stuff did you send them?

2 games, would be getting 63 euro in cash.

Fingers crossed you get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Was looking into CeX pickup option to sell my PS4 Pro but Zero Cools experience here isn't inspiring confidence

Just got an email from CEX this morning saying that payment was made to my bank account. Checked my cex account and my order is indeed complete. Nothing in my bank yet but will keep an eye, phew!

So, the package was supposed to be collected on the 25th but arrived on the 26th and then gave incorrect instructions causing delay. Think I just got unlucky with this one, wouldn't let it put ye off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Glad it seems to have worked out for you. Good to know.

And just got my money into the bank. Would definitely try again, just be more careful with An Post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

And just got my money into the bank. Would definitely try again, just be more careful with An Post.

Did you have to print any labels or anything or did an post give you one? I'm considering sending my PS4 Pro in this way but no access to a printer for labels if needed

Advertisement