Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryanair cancelling a lot of routes over winter

Options
2»

Comments

markpb wrote: »
    You are be a credible poster here but I assume you can still understand why most people treat what they read on the internet with a healthy dose of scepticism. Especially when it comes to an emotive statement like that. Isn’t it possible that someone other than you might invent or creatively twist a statement like that because they’re unhappy with their employers or management?

I'm sure he fully understands. But you need to understand that not everything is online and not everything is sharable.

The forum has gone to tatters because of the amount of people who shared valuable accurate information no longer bother because clowns only believe something if there is a link. God forbid taking someone's word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

I'm sure he fully understands. But you need to understand that not everything is online and not everything is sharable.

If something as emotive as that can’t be shared without proof, it might be better off not being shared. Otherwise it’s just an anecdote on the internet, might be true, it might be fake, it might be somewhere in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

We have flights booked for DUB-VRN for 19/12/2020. At this stage do you think it is likely they may be cancelled? Traveling home for Christmas to Northern Italy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

jenneyk19 wrote: »

Starting a new account to link dump when told not to link dump doesn't make it OK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Talguetler wrote: »
    We have flights booked for DUB-VRN for 19/12/2020. At this stage do you think it is likely they may be cancelled? Traveling home for Christmas to Northern Italy.

It's possible. Verona isn't the most popular Italian route - but if all came to all they'll give you two weeks notice before cancelling and you can rebook for Milan/Rome (which are less likely to be cancelled, particularly coming up to Xmas)

Ryanair will generally give 2 weeks notice before cancelling flights as otherwise they have to pay out compensation under EU261.

Thats what they've done for the Cork / Shannon routes they're axing for the next month. They're still flying til the 13th Nov as they only announced cancellation at the end of Oct.

You'll get home don't worry!

• Advertisement

markpb wrote: »
    If something as emotive as that can’t be shared without proof, it might be better off not being shared. Otherwise it’s just an anecdote on the internet, might be true, it might be fake, it might be somewhere in between.

My point still stands. It is entirely up to the reader as to whether to believe/trust the information, that fact does not change even with a link. "Fake news" can be faked with actual articles, you do know that don't you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Acosta

Talguetler wrote: »

I'd say you will be fine. I doubt they'll be cancelling flights around Christmas as compared to now those flights will probably be busy. I'd be more concerned if the flight was later this month or early December

My flights are cancelled. There doesn't appear to be any flights for sale between Frankfurt and Dublin until very close to Christmas with Lufthansa, Aer Lingus or Ryanair. Capacity is being decimated.
    I honestly expected Ryanair would let my flight fly as a ghost flight. There must have been very few people booked at low fares for them to cancel the flight.
    I'm expecting Aer Lingus to cancel my flight in the next few days but they are trying to fool me in to taking a voucher rather than a refund before announcing the cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

Thanks CYE and Acosta for responding, I hope it will be ok. Haphaphap they did the same with our Aer Lingus flights to VRN which prompted me to book the Ryanair seats. I am going to South Tyrol so I have a lot of options for airports (MUC, BGY, VRN, MPX, LIN) but the train connection from Verona station is easier for us. I hope you can get sorted Haphaphap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

It seems that flights with Aerlingus are cancelled from 10th-15th Dec. I had a flight on 14th from Berlin -> Dublin. I saw another person on a Facebook group was going back 10-15th Dec, also cancelled. Seems a bit strange to do it so soon.

• Advertisement

They'd better not make then available later after having cancelling them at the lower fare for which I paid and haven't yet been refunded.

They'd better not make then available later after having cancelling them at the lower fare for which I paid and haven't yet been refunded.
    Received my refund...twice for the same flight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

Would anyone have any indication on when Ryanair are likely to announce their winter schedule? In particular I'm looking at their Shannon to Tenerife flight on Saturday's. Hoping the route will be continued.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask. I put it in the Shannon thread in the Clare forum but didn't receive a reply. Thanks in advance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

TPMP wrote: »
    Would anyone have any indication on when Ryanair are likely to announce their winter schedule? In particular I'm looking at their Shannon to Tenerife flight on Saturday's. Hoping the route will be continued.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask. I put it in the Shannon thread in the Clare forum but didn't receive a reply. Thanks in advance.

Honestly I’d say nobody knows anything for sure yet not even the airlines themselves, it’s impossible to predict things at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

Locker10a wrote: »
    Honestly I’d say nobody knows anything for sure yet not even the airlines themselves, it’s impossible to predict things at the moment

Ok thanks, fingers crossed it won't be cut.

Advertisement