Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Administrative Officers 2019 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gee Kay

Still no reply... Just wondering if anyone received any kind of reply after sending the form on Thursday or Friday...
    Thank you !

Hi, I forwarded my application on Friday but have not heard anything back yet. I see that some hsve received replies back but I am not too worried about not getting an acknowledgment yet. They may received most of the applications on Thursday/Friday and this could be causing a delay in sending out replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Zulu Art

Just wondering if anybody here alread works in revenue? I know AO's work in policy and investigation areas but other than generic, high level statements it's hard to assess what the day-to-day work is like.

For interests, does everybody become CTA qualified? It seems from other threads that the EOs do. Or do some people get re-directed to customs at the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 OutForTender

Zulu Art wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody here alread works in revenue? I know AO's work in policy and investigation areas but other than generic, high level statements it's hard to assess what the day-to-day work is like.

For interests, does everybody become CTA qualified? It seems from other threads that the EOs do. Or do some people get re-directed to customs at the start?

CTA would not be common in Revenue at all. Most Auditors wouldn't have it.

The current EO Audit training is 1 year ITI Tax Technician, 1 year break, 1 year UL Level 7 Diploma. I think AO is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

2not4get wrote: »
    Or possibly a polite refusal!

I hope you are wrong!

I expect it will take a while to go through all the forms. I wonder will many people be eliminated

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Anonire wrote: »
    I hope you are wrong!

I expect it will take a while to go through all the forms. I wonder will many people be eliminated

I wonder if they are going to look at the locations that have vacancies and invite candidates for those locations only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kriordan22

Still no reply... Just wondering if anyone received any kind of reply after sending the form on Thursday or Friday...
    Thank you !

I rang them, they are replying individually to forms, so they have not been able to reply to everyone yet :)

kriordan22 wrote: »
    I rang them, they are replying individually to forms, so they have not been able to reply to everyone yet :)

Did they say what the next stage would be?

kriordan22 wrote: »

They must have an awful lot of forms to get through. Or maybe they are only opening them as they mark them.
    Nothing to do but wait now with the fingers crossed.

CTA would not be common in Revenue at all. Most Auditors wouldn't have it.

The current EO Audit training is 1 year ITI Tax Technician, 1 year break, 1 year UL Level 7 Diploma. I think AO is the same.

Does anybody know if the day to day function varies with each of the 4 panels?

There must be some different otherwise I can't see a reason why they would split it into different panels. Maybe the subject matters only. Tax may be more policy work and I imagine not in every revenue office could be centralised maybe. Then accounting which may be more towards audit possibly be in most revenue offices as they look after local businesses.

The further educational qualifications will ensure a fundamental understanding of the area. I am only guessing I know not much help. I don't know anyone working in Revenue and find that at these interviews the panel won't have answers specifiic to the ultimate role one would be offered as you don't know what that is until the offer arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭gerrykeegan

I came in fairly high on both tax and accounting. There was only 1 place between them. I asked when I got the call which panel was I being placed from...I was told it didn't matter. That is only my experience BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bubbles100

I just received receipt of the application form which I sent on Friday. Does anyone know how long it should be to hear about an interview?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BoyLaw937

Do you think they are just going to skip the invigilated tests & move straight to the interview?

BoyLaw937 wrote: »
    Do you think they are just going to skip the invigilated tests & move straight to the interview?

They may or may not skip them nobody knows only revenue. If they don't skip them they will be very similar to the unsupervised ones so should be no cause of worry for anyone that met the required standard.

They are shortlisting based on the form this time so it's not based solely on the aptitude tests as long as the standard was met, where some previous competitions have been progressed to interview based solely on the aptitude tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Galantis

Presume we will hear something this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Achilles 123

Probably Friday afternoon

Galantis wrote: »
    Presume we will hear something this week

Here is hoping. There is alot of reading in those forms

Here is hoping. There is alot of reading in those forms

Are they read or put through a computer programme?

Ollie321 wrote: »

Good question I just presumed they read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

They must be read. Cant imagine public sector bodies having access to high level AI programs that can decipher job history and experience and then pull and rank competencies (from the examples we gave) against a set of pre defined competencies. There must be some level of human intervention. Computer programs generally cant handle that level of nuance. Or at least mainstream programs cant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

They must be read. Cant imagine public sector bodies having access to high level AI programs that can decipher job history and experience and then pull and rank competencies (from the examples we gave) against a set of pre defined competencies. There must be some level of human intervention. Computer programs generally cant handle that level of nuance. Or at least mainstream programs cant.

Especially considering that they're still asking people to fill in applications in MS Word documents and attach them to emails.

I really do wish that when sending the receipts that they would state when they think we will hear more

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

I really do wish that when sending the receipts that they would state when they think we will hear more

That would be great for sure but I couldn't see that happening as they would be inundated with requests if they didnt meet the date. It's a pain for applicants though.

It's not even been 6 full working days yet since closing date for applications forms but it feels like months

The recent EO campaign was good in that it gave the rough time lines in the information booklet. Saved alot of wondering and email watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

Just wandering if it would be appropriate to ring them... It's taking a while...

Just wandering if it would be appropriate to ring them... It's taking a while...

I don't think ringing them would hurry up the process but If you are trying to find out the interview dates to plan something I have found them very helpful in the past.

Hopefully they won't leave us waiting for too much longer anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MiggyB

I don't think ringing them would hurry up the process but If you are trying to find out the interview dates to plan something I have found them very helpful in the past.

Hopefully they won't leave us waiting for too much longer anyway.

Will be end of next week before invites to next stage are issued

MiggyB wrote: »
    Will be end of next week before invites to next stage are issued

Thank you. Did they give any idea of when interviews would take place?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MiggyB

Thank you. Did they give any idea of when interviews would take place?

No currently reviewing forms under each stream

• Advertisement

Thanks MiggyB.

Advertisement