Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rage 2 (confirmed)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

That gameplay trailer is most certainly the bastard child of Borderlands meets Doom.

Big guns/big noise/big fun

What's not to love :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Noticed the car kept appearing during FPS fights, hope its a Coop option bringing it in and not NPC/KITT

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

gizmo wrote: »
    Struggling to get on board with the negativity to be honest, it looks like a mash up of RAGE, Borderlands and Bulletstorm. I mean, yay?

After I sow that first trailer - wtf is this ****?!
    After I sow gameplay trailer - wtf isthis **** and when I can play it?!?!

That first trailer did not do any favours to the game, as those life action game trailers always look **** unless its C&C.
    Gameplay trailer actually awesome, because I am sucker to anything post apocalyptic, especially if its Mad max stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

We're all different and RAGE was easily one of the 20 games I've had the most FUN in in my 29 years of playing vidya games

just worked it out and I have been playing video games for 39 years! :(:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Skerries wrote: »
    just worked it out and I have been playing video games for 39 years! :(:D

37ish here :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I really liked the first Rage. Don't get the hate it got.
    As long as this is more of the same then I am happy. Not digging the music tho :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you can pick the first game up for €3.40

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I really liked the first Rage. Don't get the hate it got.
    As long as this is more of the same then I am happy. Not digging the music tho :pac:

When it was good it was indeed a lot of fun. Fighting against highly mobile enemies with the shotty was a blast. The driving was less fun and then it just ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Again, random foot-shooting from the advertising team with the naf VO over the video.

Could just as easily shown the footage unnarrated.

Which seems daft because it looks good craic.

New trailer dropping at the Game Awards on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Looks a bit ...... meh.

I'm disappointed.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ Kenny Clever Poltergeist

Uncharted wrote: »
    Looks a bit ...... meh.

I'm disappointed.

EhhHhhh no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

This looks awesome fun, guaranteed day 1 pickup.

This will be a Bethesda store exclusive on PC, according to the latest reliable online speculation!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

This will be a Bethesda store exclusive on PC, according to the latest reliable online speculation!
    I'd wager this will be standard for their games going forward, regardless of Valve's effort to entice them back with the new revenue agreement.

Not necessarily a bad thing if they implemented a refund policy in line with Valve's either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I didn't like the first one, it just never clicked and I never finished it. Might pick it up again if it's on PS4, because this has piqued my interest. As I said in the Game Awards thread, it's like a non-cell shaded Borderlands, which is not a bad thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That looks really cool actually. Sort of Rage meets Fallout meets Borderlands.

First game was decent but very linear and not up to the standard you would have expected of ID, this looks very different, almost a sequel only in theme and name, rather than gameplay or content.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Looks like a whole lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

It does. Can see some elements of Crysis and Bulletstorm in there too. Which wouldn't be a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

GOTY confirmed.

I was definitely buying this anyway, but with Danny Dyer as a voice option, I'm definitely buying it. Danny Dyer is like marmite, you either love him or hate him, and I love him. Pure geezer, and that trailer with his VO is amazing!

This is out in two weeks...
    Hype train time!

Well, they know how to make trailers anyway! Can't wait to wipe the smile off that smug cliff. *shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

When will we see reviews for this? €49.99 in smyths if you pre-order

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sweetie wrote: »
    When will we see reviews for this? €49.99 in smyths if you pre-order

Its bethesda so I don't think the embargo will lift until after release.

• Advertisement

I will be replaying on xbox one x over the weekend :)

Advertisement