Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The amount of people giving out about the FPS and that means it's not a real RPG is still shyte. Skyrim, Deus ex, fallout, no one had problems with those.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1006648018651631616?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The amount of people giving out about the FPS and that means it's not a real RPG is still shyte. Skyrim, Deus ex, fallout, no one had problems with those.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1006648018651631616?s=19

**** em. I have no doubt CDPR are gonna deliver us one of the best videogames every, FPS or not. I have never been so hyped for a game. Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Cyberpunk 2077, lets ****ing go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

PC Gamer are even calling it an FPS. :rolleyes: I guess a lot of people just wanted a Witcher 3 mod? Hopefully CDPR stick to their guns, pun intended (but not very funny).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I love that its a FPS, doesnt bother me at all, just means ill be getting it on PC as opposed to console. The witcher was great but after awhile the combat was boring/easy, FPS will be a welcome change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I didn't realize the opportunity CDR project were going to have with humour. TAKE MY MONEY
    TAKE

MY

MONEY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Had to step away from twitter last night because of all the TPP Neckbeards whining..

This game sounds like its going to be the Cyberpunk,dystopian game people didnt realise they wanted.. Leave it to the Modders to put in a 3rd person mode (good luck to them with that)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Would not be suprised if this was held back till the next generation of consoles..

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Would not be suprised if this was held back till the next generation of consoles..

I wouldnt either but i reckon they would be mad not to release it for this console generation,but have it ready for the next one too.. (my guess is that PS5 is going to be backward compatible with ps4 games)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think the first person suits it better than third person view, third person was perfect for witcher but wouldn't work here I don't think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ziggyman17 wrote: »

Ya....hopefully that won't happen, I think we've waited long enough now to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The first person part could work really well, with the GTA comparisons popping up I thought that GTA first person mode was absolutely excellent. There was also a mod for TW3 that did similar and while extremely dizzying if you were fighting a bunch of enemies at once, it was also excellent to jump into for a few minutes here or there.

There's so much promise to that world and if TW3 is anything to go by, there literally might not be a better studio to lovingly fill it with life, character, attention to minor details, and basically make it as immersive as possible - I think they need to churn another one or two out before it's formally accepted, but CDPR appear every bit as capable as Rockstar or Bethesda at making a world like this absolutely magical.

It's so frustrating that we're probably looking at around 2 years yet for this to come out, but after TW3 it also just makes me more giddy for what they'll manage in that time. :o

CD Project Red have enough credit in the bank. They can do what they want. This will be the only game I will pre-order for the foreseeable future. If they **** it up, thems the breaks.

Waiting for the preorder just to give them my money. Typical, they won't even put up a pre-order until they have more info on the game. Take note other greedy sneaky **** devs.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Waiting for the preorder just to give them my money. Typical, they won't even put up a pre-order until they have more info on the game. Take note other greedy sneaky **** devs.

Or take note moronic consumers

bigphil2 wrote: »

Every time I'm disappointed to not see Danny Dyer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's his Irish counterpart :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd love to see Danny Dyer reviewing games. It'd be a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

"Cor, she's a bit saucy this Yennifer sort"

Danny Dyer: The pricks prick, as Kevin Bridges once described him

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The world of GTA 5 is great but I thought the story was ****e and the writing was idiotic. I'm not sure has it gotten worse or do I simply not enjoy what I did as a teenager.

Having a crowd with the pedigree of CDPR taking this kind of world on is a lot more exciting.

FPS is good as far as I'm concerned but I'm really not that keen on the super-RPG-ness of it. On-screen damage numbers, character levels and such. I like to disappear into the world, and the world building, writing, consequences baked into your decisions and all that really facilitate that, but making it really gamey does the opposite.

Not a huge deal, but it'd be nice to be able to hide it. Ideally they'd give you a intuitive idea of what you're facing rather than a number, and a visual impression of the damage you're dealing rather than a health bar.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/319965/Cyberpunk_dev_QA_can_absolutely_help_your_team_prevent_offensive_moments.php

So it seems CDPR are worried about offending people (mainly Americans) to the point that they treat anything that might cause offence to them as a QA issue that should be reported. That seems pretty counter to the attitude they had during the Witcher's development days and also to what they said about "mature experience intended for mature audiences.". :confused:

Gbear wrote: »
    The world of GTA 5 is great but I thought the story was ****e and the writing was idiotic. I'm not sure has it gotten worse or do I simply not enjoy what I did as a teenager.

Having a crowd with the pedigree of CDPR taking this kind of world on is a lot more exciting.

FPS is good as far as I'm concerned but I'm really not that keen on the super-RPG-ness of it. On-screen damage numbers, character levels and such. I like to disappear into the world, and the world building, writing, consequences baked into your decisions and all that really facilitate that, but making it really gamey does the opposite.

Not a huge deal, but it'd be nice to be able to hide it. Ideally they'd give you a intuitive idea of what you're facing rather than a number, and a visual impression of the damage you're dealing rather than a health bar.

I thought the same about the story in gta5. But they tried to go the super serious route in gta4 and it came out horribly boring.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/319965/Cyberpunk_dev_QA_can_absolutely_help_your_team_prevent_offensive_moments.php

So it seems CDPR are worried about offending people (mainly Americans) to the point that they treat anything that might cause offence to them as a QA issue that should be reported. That seems pretty counter to the attitude they had during the Witcher's development days and also to what they said about "mature experience intended for mature audiences.". :confused:

I really don't see a problem with this, and very much doubt that it'll result in a less than mature experience. The fact that he can't even name one example of what he's talking about makes me think that this is something that has been blown out of proportion.

Also, offensive doesn't automatically mean mature experience, and non offensive doesn't automatically mean a non mature experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

CatInABox wrote: »
    I really don't see a problem with this, and very much doubt that it'll result in a less than mature experience. The fact that he can't even name one example of what he's talking about makes me think that this is something that has been blown out of proportion.

Also, offensive doesn't automatically mean mature experience, and non offensive doesn't automatically mean a non mature experience.

Offensive seems to mean anything and everything now

Mary would be very proud :D
    Mary_Whitehouse_on_phone.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You're always gonna upset someone.

Bet this game will have a group of "pure humans" who consider augments/cybernetics wrong. Someone will get pissy about it and what they represent and an article on Kotaku will get written.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Pretty much, all the "not a racists" that got so upset over killing Nazis in Wolfenstein pretty much show how people will get offended no matter what you do.

I'm guessing CDPR are looking at just making as good a world as they possibly can ad don't want to f*ck any of it up by mistake. If TW3 is anything to go by, they are serious perfectionists. Horse placement notwithstanding...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

J. Marston wrote: »
    You're always gonna upset someone.

Bet this game will have a group of "pure humans" who consider augments/cybernetics wrong. Someone will get pissy about it and what they represent and an article on Kotaku will get written.

You had the same in the Deus Ex games, especially the latest one. Big pile of meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Hopefully he was just saying what he knew gamasutra wanted to hear.
    CatInABox wrote: »

Of course not. But mature experience assumes mature themes, which usually cause more controversy and people being offended compared to media without that. Drugs, sex, prostitution, discrimination, religion. Much more likely to get offence taken over these kinds of things.

• Advertisement

I think it's more that they are a non native English speaking company and they have a team to double check how an American/whiney idiot audience might take things. I mean, who saw the racist complaint coming with the kingdom come launch and that completely overshadowed the release of that game. I think in this snowflake generation, most companies have to think about this kind of thing unfortunately as things can quickly pick up traction on social media and seriously effect sales.

From the demo, it seems there was plenty of uber violence & arses sticking out and I have faith CDPR won't bend too easy to whiners.

Advertisement