Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cyberpunk - CD Project Red

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I hate these long, long waits where games are announced with trailers etc years in advance. That said, I'll happily make an exception for CDPR... I don't think it's actually possible to build up more goodwill than they did with The Witcher 3 (which I'm in the middle of my second playthrough and which in my mind is the greatest game ever made, it having taken nearly 20 full years for anything to supplant Mario 64 for that title).

I'm ready to be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,299 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Billy86 wrote: »
    I hate these long, long waits where games are announced with trailers etc years in advance. That said, I'll happily make an exception for CDPR... I don't think it's actually possible to build up more goodwill than they did with The Witcher 3 (which I'm in the middle of my second playthrough and which in my mind is the greatest game ever made, it having taken nearly 20 full years for anything to supplant Mario 64 for that title).

Me too, they announced it at e3 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Didn't even know there was a thread for this until now :P Been thinking since 2016 that they'd release it in 2020 (cause, CyberPunk 2020). Think we'll get a more detailed trailer at E3 this year and then one with gameplay next year, followed by a release in Jan/Feb 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭WolfSpinach

Billy86 wrote: »

The theory floated on the Bombcast, that I'd subscribe to, is that Witcher 3 was such a crazy success that it's bought them more time for this game. I buy that, if Witcher had matched their sales predictions, they'd have a game ready to ship about now. As it was, hopefully we end up with a really refined experience.

Surely it needs to be released before technology moves on too far?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Surely it needs to be released before technology moves on too far?

You mean before we have flying cars, bionic augments and replicant's with scythe's for arms? Yeah, I wouldn't want to play a modern day CDPR game either...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Maybe they're doing it very smart like, and hoping it gets as well received as The Witcher 3, and then easily update it for next gen which would come out soon after, and make all the money again! Worked for The Witcher 3!

Just replaying Witcher 3 and there's a moment were Ciri tells Geralt about a places she's been one in which people have metal in their heads and flying ships. Be cool if they somehow had a nod to that in Cyberpunk.

• Advertisement

Just replaying Witcher 3 and there's a moment were Ciri tells Geralt about a places she's been one in which people have metal in their heads and flying ships. Be cool if they somehow had a nod to that in Cyberpunk.
    I think that was almost definitely a nod to CP2077. They'd announced it at that stage so wouldn't be that hard to say that she had been to that Universe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I can vaguely remember that :) , Would that be considered an Easter egg in a game?

I can vaguely remember that :) , Would that be considered an Easter egg in a game?
    I don't think so, would be similar to the Moonlight Greatsword in Fromsoft's games. Just a way to link all the different games really!

So CD Projekt Red are confirmed for E3 this year. And, unless they plan on just talking about new packs for Gwent, that means we are getting some news on Cyberpunk 2077.

CD Projekt Red takes on a new studio to bolster the game

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/media/news/introducing-cd-projekt-red-wroclaw/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some info from a conference call (posted on Reddit)

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/86ahkd/info_about_cyberpunk_from_todays_financial/
    Couple of interesting bits from Adam Kicinski and Piotr Nielubowicz at CDPR financial conference:

character creation and lack of predefined character confirmed

multiple classes/roles confirmed

they again made it clear that CP is not going to contain any microtransactions or other stuff like that, you pay for the game once and that's it

Cyberpunk is very technologically advanced and developed in such a way to be ready to take advantage out of future hardware/generations, but regarding next gen consoles, they can only speculate, since none of them were announced yet

regarding multiplayer, Adam stated that their first priority is to deliver great single player experience with amazing narrative, but at some point they might deliver some online features. For me it sounds like multiplayer won't be part of the game at release and will be added some time after.

also he added that as opposed to The Witcher, in Cyberpunk player will be able to move in three dimensions, I'm not sure what exactly he meant by that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CD Project Confirm they will be showing an "RPG" at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 glinnwest

Someone just said that it will be a FPS :C

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Trailer was a little underwhelming if I'm honest.

Really need to see some gameplay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I've seen a few people say "just a futuristic GTA", but apparently they've reassured fans it will very much be a single player RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

With their track record I gonna go with the HYPE!!!!! for this game.

The 3 Witcher games are brilliant individually(1st 2 have not aged well) with the 3rd being possibly the best game ever. I think/hope this will be a decent game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Somehow in my mind I've had it pictured as a futuristic Witcher 2 as that's all we had when this was announced, it was bound to grow as wild hunt did but still surprised by the video (pleasantly)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Trailer breakdown by EuroGamer, albeit rushed and rambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Rob2D wrote: »

This. And I'm not one to usually complain about graphic fidelity but we've seen better from these guys before. I hope it's not another downgrade fiasco. Possibly just a style change and I guess the purpose of the trailer is to just show the kinds of ways you can roleplay (as concept). Looking forward to more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,245 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If this game was made by anyone else I'd be a little hesitant. But seeing as this is Projekt Red im all aboard

Rob2D wrote: »

Another 6 years till they give us that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've got the 3 Witcher games on my PC. I'm guessing that these are games I really need to start playing at some point.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,219 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I've got the 3 Witcher games on my PC. I'm guessing that these are games I really need to start playing at some point.

Just play Witcher 3, one of the best games ever made!

Advertisement