Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Captur, R-Link - no SD/no maps found

• 26-01-2021 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭

Herselfs father got a secondhand one of these the other day and has been told there was or should be an SD card with maps on it, now the sd card isnt the issue (ive spare ones)

Should he push the renault place to get one and set it up etc, ex display model so you would think ALL the bells and whistles would be present to sell the car

or

If they play hardball, is this something I could do myself or worse case buy one (found one on Tomtom site but when click im in Ireland cant be found)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Dirty Nails

jeffk wrote: »
    Herselfs father got a secondhand one of these the other day and has been told there was or should be an SD card with maps on it, now the sd card isnt the issue (ive spare ones)

Should he push the renault place to get one and set it up etc, ex display model so you would think ALL the bells and whistles would be present to sell the car

or

If they play hardball, is this something I could do myself or worse case buy one (found one on Tomtom site but when click im in Ireland cant be found)

Thanks in advance

So is it second hand or a demo?
    If it's a demo it should have whatever a new car would have come with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭jeffk

So is it second hand or a demo?
    If it's a demo it should have whatever a new car would have come with.

Ex demo /secondhand, sorry its a new thing to me, suppose ex demo be proper title

That's what I thought, but the usual ah it's your phone, ah paddy knows and not here etc

Ex demo /secondhand, sorry its a new thing to me, suppose ex demo be proper title

That's what I thought, but the usual ah it's your phone, ah paddy knows and not here etc

If it's that new,I'd be surprised if a dealer made an issue about rectifing the problem.

If it's that new,I'd be surprised if a dealer made an issue about rectifing the problem.

That's what I'm thinking, 191 reg

He's to go back again for spare key (same excuses about safe and other worker has key),so was seeing if it's expensive or something I could do if keeps up excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Are you sure it was an ex-demo? Would be unusual to be selling a demo model that's a year old, normally ex-demos are sold after about 3 months. Unfortunately ex-demo is used widely in the motor trade these days to hide the fact it may have been an ex hire car. It might explain why the SD card is missing, someone may have nicked or lost it. I assume the car was searched for it? The selling dealer should replace it if it's gone.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Are you sure it was an ex-demo? Would be unusual to be selling a demo model that's a year old, normally ex-demos are sold after about 3 months. Unfortunately ex-demo is used widely in the motor trade these days to hide the fact it may have been an ex hire car. It might explain why the SD card is missing, someone may have nicked or lost it. I assume the car was searched for it? The selling dealer should replace it if it's gone.

4k on clock and had on listing that was ex demo, I know car sales can bend the truth shall we say

I'll say it to him to push, the card is buttons, but I'm not sure on maps price or availability

That's what I'm thinking, 191 reg

He's to go back again for spare key (same excuses about safe and other worker has key),so was seeing if it's expensive or something I could do if keeps up excuses

That car is between 1.5 & 2 years old so.Unless it has about 5k on it & sat all that time on a forecourt it's prob not a demo :)

If they get the card,great. If not,so be it.
    Push hard for the second key though.That's a must.

4k on clock and had on listing that was ex demo, I know car sales can bend the truth shall we say

I'll say it to him to push, the card is buttons, but I'm not sure on maps price or availability

You're able to type faster than me :)

You're able to type faster than me :)

I actually swipe on phone, like using a magic wand

If I tried to type with my shovel hands be here all night

Advertisement