Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir and their appalling service

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I thought Leaky Leo sorted out Eirs appalling customer service? Could it be true Eir weren't listening? What a shock!

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Does anyone know when Eir's contract to show the pro 14/16 in Ireland runs out??

This year alone you need eir for alot of live pro 14.
    Bt for champions cup
    Amazon/ premier for some autumn internationals just gone and i presume sky sports if and when the lions gets played.
    With those 3 subscriptions you still wouldn't even get to see any French rugby.

When it does run out, there will not be a queue of suitors waiting to launch a megabucks offer. There's a reason the Pro14 coverage has bounced around so much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

When it does run out, there will not be a queue of suitors waiting to launch a megabucks offer. There's a reason the Pro14 coverage has bounced around so much.
    Well CVC did recently invest £120m in the league. You would assume that they have some plan to improve on the current TV offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

Think they signed a 3 year deal at the start of the 18/19 season. Back when you got it as part of BT sports. So it should be up for negotiation at the end of this season.

I believe this season includes the new rainbow Cup up to June if that goes ahead. With the addition of the south African teams it might be more attractive to the likes of sky or bt. Would be great to have all the Irish games back on terrestrial TV..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Think they signed a 3 year deal at the start of the 18/19 season. Back when you got it as part of BT sports. So it should be up for negotiation at the end of this season.

I believe this season includes the new rainbow Cup up to June if that goes ahead. With the addition of the south African teams it might be more attractive to the likes of sky or bt. Would be great to have all the Irish games back on terrestrial TV..
    That ship has long since sailed. The odd game on TG4 like we have now is the best we can hope for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭gmacww

I've had eir for internet and tv in the house since 2014. Have had nothing but great service and of the two issues I had they sorted them straight away without any problems.

That said watching the pro 14 on there I can just about live with Bowe, Darcy and Strings. But if I hear the term "dying embers of this match" one more time I swear I'll throw the remote through the tv!

Advertisement