Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Torrent downloads and Vodaphone internet

• 18-01-2021 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Anyone help me regarding downloading torrent files as Apple laptop telling me internet configurations incorrect.
    I am with voda phone

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Well lets try something legitimate, as im sure thats what it is for!
    First you need
    1. Your computer, with internet access.
    2. A torrent client. Google it, theres loads around, like utorrent.
    3. A torrent to download, like this https://releases.ubuntu.com/20.10/ubuntu-20.10-desktop-amd64.iso.torrent

If you use the link above, what does it say?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lizzy77

Hello Phil

I opened that link and it brought up the qb torrent, which I have already downloaded onto my computer.

I did open it and it brought me into the file, yours I think, David Bowie, trying to download, but it is stalled.

There are no seeds and no peers coming up on this message.

Again, there seems to be no direct internet access to the torrents as was listed before, with a message coming up about -
    network configuration problems.

Thats why I thought it was Vodaphone problems.

Any other ideas or where I might get some advise?

Thanks

Liz

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi there,

I've moved your thread across to the Broadband forum where people may be better able to help.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'd try to download another file, just to be see if it is a connection issue, or an issue with the file. Here is a link to a linux distribution you can download.

https://linuxmint.com/torrents/linuxmint-20.1-cinnamon-64bit.iso.torrent

If you get a similar message as before, you may be blocking the ports required to use it. Ports can be blocked on your computer by antivirus / security software. Normally, when you install a torrent application, it askes if you want to add an exception to any firewall it finds running. You could temporarily disable your firewall, to see if that resolves it.

Advertisement