Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-01-2019, 12:57   #46
mrblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skihunta13 View Post
So what your saying is the warranty is gone if ownership changes within the warranty period???
I got a 12 month warranty from the dealer but that period has passed.
Just out of curiosity, with all the nearly new/new cars being inported from the UK at the moment are those warranties non existent.

Update in fixing the ussue. Tried a different hyundai dealer today. Totally different attitude. Car going in next week for inspection no issue with warranty.
Good luck with it Op! I hope it works out for you at a reasonable cost.
But unless you carried out all the 6 monthly oil quality maintenance checks, plus annual oil changes/services by a Main dealer, as its stated on the maintenance schedule; the new nicer Dealer will likely diagnose the same issue and charge full or perhaps a small discounted price-or maybe try to twist your arm to trade in against a newer model in his new 2019 stock. If you or previous owner did not follow the maintenance schedule closely, then the warranty is breached. Initially in 2014 when we bought our first Santa Fe I was very surprised at the 6 monthly oil quality inspections - But now I see why they are there. Wear of the timing chain prematurely due to lack of correct/sufficient oil is definitely not a warranty item I would think. It will be very hard if not impossible to prove that the timing chain was faulty from day one, unless there is a recall on them.

Unfortunately, If you win the argument - its a license for everybody to bypass the main dealers for servicing for cheaper indies, and would open up manufacturers to almost unlimited liability for their cars. In fact the warranties are very carefully worded to limit exposure in just this type of circumstances. And they have deeper pockets than punters when it comes to legal avenues.

Best of luck
MrBlack
Advertisement
12-01-2019, 09:24   #47
Del2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotafanboi View Post
So, no, basically.

I could tell you, but it's a secret.

Giving a brief synopsis without mentioning brands or regions will hardly reveal you?
A person gets a brand new flatbed van every year because of the same fault. Another person got a new car after a few years of persitant problems.
12-01-2019, 10:11   #48
Skihunta13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblack View Post
Good luck with it Op! I hope it works out for you at a reasonable cost.
But unless you carried out all the 6 monthly oil quality maintenance checks, plus annual oil changes/services by a Main dealer, as its stated on the maintenance schedule; the new nicer Dealer will likely diagnose the same issue and charge full or perhaps a small discounted price-or maybe try to twist your arm to trade in against a newer model in his new 2019 stock. If you or previous owner did not follow the maintenance schedule closely, then the warranty is breached. Initially in 2014 when we bought our first Santa Fe I was very surprised at the 6 monthly oil quality inspections - But now I see why they are there. Wear of the timing chain prematurely due to lack of correct/sufficient oil is definitely not a warranty item I would think. It will be very hard if not impossible to prove that the timing chain was faulty from day one, unless there is a recall on them.

Unfortunately, If you win the argument - its a license for everybody to bypass the main dealers for servicing for cheaper indies, and would open up manufacturers to almost unlimited liability for their cars. In fact the warranties are very carefully worded to limit exposure in just this type of circumstances. And they have deeper pockets than punters when it comes to legal avenues.

Best of luck
MrBlack
I dont think you could be anymore wrong on this.
How many more times do i need to state that the warranty was not the issue with hyundai?
The issue i had was my local dealer could not be anymore uninterested in fixing it and proceeded to tell lies that even hyundai ireland confirmed were untrue. I was talking to a neighbour whos father bought a tucson off the garage and is having issue getting an engine noise looked.
Thanks for all the posts but as a previous poster states there is a lot of mis information here as to what is covered under warranty.
12-01-2019, 10:13   #49
Henry Ford III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del2005
A person gets a brand new flatbed van every year because of the same fault. Another person got a new car after a few years of persitant problems.

I don't believe the first example.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion