Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-03-2018, 10:25   #61
Foxhole Norman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancy pigeon View Post
Rough going...

But on the plus side, they are handy to change (albeit a bit fiddly negotiating it around the trans cooler pipework) so you won't be without the car for more than an hour
Yeah they're a handy job, did the last one myself but won't have time to this time around so will have to go to my mechanic I'd say!
Advertisement
27-03-2018, 12:07   #62
vintagevrs

I fitted an auxiliary in cable this morning. The car has Bluetooth phone (doesn't do a2dp) so this will do for Spotify/podcasts.

I then remembered seeing nbt I drive from the newer f series cars fitted to an e39. So I checked if it can or has been done to an e46.

Turns out it can....

Meant to work really well and integrates with a lot of the cars functions.

Only problem is....it costs more than the car!

Aux in it is then
(3) thanks from:
27-03-2018, 13:06   #63
Cantona's Collars

I wonder if they are going to the NCT centre?

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/7393...ing_onzin.html
Thanks from:
27-03-2018, 13:11   #64
Ubbquittious

Anyone know the normal operating temperature of a 1.8 petrol 406? It doesn't seem to be going much past 70 degrees unless I leave it sitting there idling which seems a bit low. Thermostat stuck?
27-03-2018, 13:23   #65
Augeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubbquittious View Post
........ Thermostat stuck?
Just under 90 degs is the normal operating temp of most cars. If your stat is stuck open the temp gauge will fly down when on the move and move promptly higher when stopped and the air isn't flowing at the rad.
Advertisement
27-03-2018, 14:44   #66
Duff

Send a message via MSN to Duff
Anyone using Carly for their BMW? I've recently purchased an lci e60 520d M sport and have seen a few places online suggesting its a worthwhile investment if you plan on upgrading lighting (to LED bulbs etc) and clearing fault codes. Would you recommend?
27-03-2018, 15:02   #67
Foxhole Norman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Anyone using Carly for their BMW? I've recently purchased an lci e60 520d M sport and have seen a few places online suggesting its a worthwhile investment if you plan on upgrading lighting (to LED bulbs etc) and clearing fault codes. Would you recommend?
Yeah I have Carly and find it fantastic, has worked well on all my E39's and a few friends BMW's.
(2) thanks from:
27-03-2018, 16:12   #68
Duff

Send a message via MSN to Duff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhole Norman View Post
Yeah I have Carly and find it fantastic, has worked well on all my E39's and a few friends BMW's.
Cheers. Yeah, it seems like a handy bit of kit. Does it clear all fault codes etc?
27-03-2018, 22:14   #69
Leonard Hofstadter

How do you get Carly FN? Is it cheap? What about PASoft? I believe it's possible to get a free download of it but I'm not sure how legal it is let alone how it's done and then I've heard it uses windows XP which of course is pre historic....
Advertisement
27-03-2018, 22:37   #70
Foxhole Norman

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainspeed View Post
How do you get Carly FN? Is it cheap? What about PASoft? I believe it's possible to get a free download of it but I'm not sure how legal it is let alone how it's done and then I've heard it uses windows XP which of course is pre historic....
You can get it on the Android/Apple store, think it's something like €40 for the full version and I got a standard cable from them, think that was another €35 or so. It's a dead handy mobile app that can do most diagnostics and some coding, well worth having.
Thanks from:
27-03-2018, 22:41   #71
James Bond Junior

Spent the past few days away with Ms. Moneypenny on the wild atlantic way. Did Connemara down into the burren and west clare in her 1 series, they really are a cracking car and that 8 speed ZF box is just sublime. Drove in excess of 600km in 2 days and I wasn't one bit tired nor uncomfortable. I had a golf years ago which used to leave my back in ribbons after an hour or two driving which is a testament to the comfort of the 1er considering they are in the same class. Highly tempted to keep it when she decides to trade up.

The wild atlantic way really was a fantastic idea, so simple and cost shag all to implement as it was always there. It really is a revelation and as a driver, it is a great thing to experience. Added to that I must also say I was very impressed with the overall road condition. We drove out to Clifden and the road was so smooth for 99% of the way. The same with roads around West Clare too. This wild atlantic way, must have forced the councils to spend a bit of money on road upkeep and repair. Who needs the Healy Raes, considering the Ring of Kerry is dire in a lot of parts. We live in a fantastic country, we should really utilise what's on our doorsteps more. Has anyone done much of it?
27-03-2018, 22:45   #72
Foxhole Norman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff View Post
Cheers. Yeah, it seems like a handy bit of kit. Does it clear all fault codes etc?
Yep, can clear codes no problem and will give you fairly detailed idea of what the code is. Reads loads of modules, think 30+ depending on the car!
Thanks from:
27-03-2018, 23:12   #73
stdidit

Anyone know if there is a website that shows how much tax you pay, by car model?

Looking for an automatic car, probably 2008 - 2011 DOP, fairly open on model but want something low in tax. Willing to sacrifice power if needed as my other half will be learning to drive with it.
27-03-2018, 23:21   #74
Noccy_Mondy

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond Junior View Post
Spent the past few days away with Ms. Moneypenny on the wild atlantic way. Did Connemara down into the burren and west clare in her 1 series, they really are a cracking car and that 8 speed ZF box is just sublime. Drove in excess of 600km in 2 days and I wasn't one bit tired nor uncomfortable. I had a golf years ago which used to leave my back in ribbons after an hour or two driving which is a testament to the comfort of the 1er considering they are in the same class. Highly tempted to keep it when she decides to trade up.

The wild atlantic way really was a fantastic idea, so simple and cost shag all to implement as it was always there. It really is a revelation and as a driver, it is a great thing to experience. Added to that I must also say I was very impressed with the overall road condition. We drove out to Clifden and the road was so smooth for 99% of the way. The same with roads around West Clare too. This wild atlantic way, must have forced the councils to spend a bit of money on road upkeep and repair. Who needs the Healy Raes, considering the Ring of Kerry is dire in a lot of parts. We live in a fantastic country, we should really utilise what's on our doorsteps more. Has anyone done much of it?
I done the wild atlantic way from Westport to Clifden numerous times a week for 2 years. Ruined my car
27-03-2018, 23:23   #75
Foxhole Norman

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdidit View Post
Anyone know if there is a website that shows how much tax you pay, by car model?

Looking for an automatic car, probably 2008 - 2011 DOP, fairly open on model but want something low in tax. Willing to sacrifice power if needed as my other half will be learning to drive with it.
Motortax.ie will tell you, input the reg and it'll bring up its tax class.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion