Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-05-2017, 16:06   #31
J.pilkington
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguy View Post
Monthly wash - put a value of a tenner on this same as a garage wash
Free pick up/delivery or replacement vehicle for each service - zero value to me as I wouldn't get it serviced in dealers
Leather care - maybe worth something
BMW model.of choice for 3 days - ok deal if you could get something exotic, i8, m car, convertible and take on a weekend down the country but can't see them honouring it. 116d from Tuesday to Thursday maybe.
Roof box or bicycle holder- no interest
Scratches and dents - not much for 100 euro. Might put it towards an alloy refurbished if allowed. Car currently has no body scratches
Toll roads - would not save me much maybe a euro a month.
5 cent a litre fuel - save me about a fiver a month at most

Overall, nothing much to see here. Getting a top notch car to drive for 3 days about all that is here. Insurance could be a killer.
You are admitting yourself that you are not their target market(not interested in BMW aftercare) so I don't think they will be too bothered about your lack of interest.

They are launching a new product, obviously not going to appeal to everyone but I'm sure it makes economic sense to plenty of their customers
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-05-2017, 16:53   #32
Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.pilkington View Post
You are admitting yourself that you are not their target market(not interested in BMW aftercare) so I don't think they will be too bothered about your lack of interest.

They are launching a new product, obviously not going to appeal to everyone but I'm sure it makes economic sense to plenty of their customers
If you could get the i8 for 3 days I'd be seriously interested. Others would be a m car, anything else and I wouldn't bother with it
Thanks from:
16-05-2017, 16:54   #33
callaway92

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
I was just emailed details of a new service being offered by BMW .. what are your thoughts on it ? ...

Basically for €49 per month you get :

• Monthly exterior hand-wash and monthly interior vacuum at any BMW Dealer for free.
• For each BMW Service choose between pick-up and delivery or replacement vehicle free of charge.
• In-depth leather care and interior cleaning with original BMW cleaning products included.
• Drive a BMW model of your choice for 3 days a year for free
• Rent a roof box or bicycle holder for your vacation for free.
• We take care of your scratches and dents up to an amount of € 100.00 / year.
• 10% discount on toll road expenses (up to € 100.00 / year).
• Get 5 cents on each liter of fuel at partnering petrol stations.

€600 per year .. what do you think ?
Ow my brain. . . . . .
(3) thanks from:
16-05-2017, 17:27   #34
Henry Ford III

I can see where BMW are coming from with this - premium brand and they want to offer a premium level of service.

The product needs to be right though.
Thanks from:
16-05-2017, 21:45   #35
mikeecho

So if I pay my €588 for the year, then demand an m7 for three days, and they can't supply that car, can I reclaim that 588 back ?
Advertisement
16-05-2017, 22:30   #36
galwaytt

Send a message via Skype™ to galwaytt
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
Quote:
Yeah and I think that would be the general opinion, but could I rent a M or i series BMW for less than €600 ? Where ? (genuinely curious)
Here, http://www.autoeurope.ie/luxury.cfm

Or you could head to BMW Welt, and take a car out for a day.
Daytime autobahn blasts, and night time steins of beer.
You could. But it's in München. ....gonna cost you a lot more than €600 when you tot that up.....
16-05-2017, 22:42   #37
v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
So if I pay my €588 for the year, then demand an m7 for three days, and they can't supply that car, can I reclaim that 588 back ?
Well I was told on the phone that I could but I would make sure to have a record of a call or get it in an email before I signed up, and would look for a refund if they didn't deliver.
01-02-2018, 13:17   #38
Clareman

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I was looking for the website to sign up for this and this thread popped up.

I signed up for this on my old BMW, it was 1 month free and it was brilliant, got the car cleaned and the wipers replaced, I think the wipers cost €35 on their own, my new car needs new wipers so I'm going to sign up again and get the car dropped off for a clean in a week or so. At €20 a month I find it worth it just to get it cleaned, I do a lot of motorway travelling so it gets dirty quickly, and before anyone says "you'd get a lot of buckets for €20", I've 2 smallies at home so the chance of being able to wash the car myself is next to impossible.
Thanks from:
01-02-2018, 17:19   #39
MarkN

I got the mail myself last year and I didn't take much notice of it. From time to time they do offer some clever stuff such as replacing xenon bulbs free of charge to get you into the dealer but both times I had bulbs done on a 2004 325ci I had, there was no hard sell, just free bulbs
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-02-2018, 17:30   #40
Seth Brundle
Error: 404 Personality Not Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clareman View Post
got the car cleaned and the wipers replaced, I think the wipers cost €35 on their own, my new car needs new wipers so I'm going to sign up again and get the car dropped off for a clean in a week or so.
Were the wipers "free" under this package?
01-02-2018, 18:04   #41
v10

They made big changes to the 'BMW First' package they were originally touting. As you see from the original post, they were offering free rental of a BMW model of your choice for 3 days a year, free rent a roof box or bicycle holder for your vacation, free minor scratch repair etc but the cost was to be €49 per month. When it actually launched what they actually offered was a Mini Valet, Wiper Blades, Light Bulbs, Health Check, Fuel Discount for €19 per month which is a very different offering.

What I don't understand now is that they offer the free first month and cancel anytime so after signing up and availing of your free Wiper Blades, Light Bulbs and Health Check you are then effectively paying €19 per month for a Mini Valet and a Fuel Discount ? Nothing wrong with that but the Wiper Blades, Light Bulbs and Health Check are not going to be something you get very often ..

I might sign up and get the few bits during the free month and then cancel ?
Thanks from:
01-02-2018, 18:12   #42
v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbannon View Post
from http://bmw-first.ie/faq/

Quote:
How do I avail of new wiper blades?

For wiper blades there is no need to book an appointment at your chosen retailer. Refer to your BMW FIRST subscription at the welcome counter and a parts advisor will see to it that the right wiper blades are fitted swiftly to your vehicle (subject to parts availability).

Is there any additional cost when I get my wiper blades or lightbulbs changed?

There are no additional charges for changing the wiper blades or lightbulbs. Additional charges may only apply if you wish to receive additional services or repairs during your visit.
Thanks from:
01-02-2018, 21:53   #43
mooseknunkle

I thought all dealers would be doing this but looks like only a handful are participating
02-02-2018, 10:07   #44
Clareman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbannon View Post
They were free with the free month's trial, after this it'll be €19.99 a month
02-02-2018, 10:11   #45
lawred2

Quote:
I was just emailed details of a new service being offered by BMW .. what are your thoughts on it ? ...

Basically for €49 per month you get :

• Monthly exterior hand-wash and monthly interior vacuum at any BMW Dealer for free.
• For each BMW Service choose between pick-up and delivery or replacement vehicle free of charge.
• In-depth leather care and interior cleaning with original BMW cleaning products included.
• Drive a BMW model of your choice for 3 days a year for free
• Rent a roof box or bicycle holder for your vacation for free.
• We take care of your scratches and dents up to an amount of € 100.00 / year.
• 10% discount on toll road expenses (up to € 100.00 / year).
• Get 5 cents on each liter of fuel at partnering petrol stations.

€600 per year .. what do you think ?
that's hilarious

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion