Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-05-2017, 17:05   #16
v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz26 View Post
What a waste of €600. There is no way you would be given a M or i model once, not to mind up to 3 times a year. Realistically more like a 116d/316d or whatever trade in is taxed out back.
I did speak to them (they called because I registered interest) and asked this question and they did say an M or i model would be available, I also asked could the 3 days be taken separately and was told yes that's not a problem.

The fuel and toll parts where the only other that I thought might be useful but again depends on an individuals usage.

They are giving the first 6 months half price as an introductory offer so year 1 would be €450, but still over priced for what you're getting imo.
Advertisement
15-05-2017, 17:13   #17
mikeecho

Their washing technique will leave you with more than €100 worth of paint damage over the course of the year.

€600 would also allow you to rent a bmw for more than 3days.

I've never needed a roof box

I don't spend anywhere near €100 on tolls, let alone €1,000.

I already get 4¢off a litre of fuel.
Thanks from:
15-05-2017, 17:18   #18
v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
Their washing technique will leave you with more than €100 worth of paint damage over the course of the year.

€600 would also allow you to rent a bmw for more than 3days.

I've never needed a roof box

I don't spend anywhere near €100 on tolls, let alone €1,000.

I already get 4¢off a litre of fuel.
Yeah and I think that would be the general opinion, but could I rent a M or i series BMW for less than €600 ? Where ? (genuinely curious)
Thanks from:
15-05-2017, 17:21   #19
mikeecho

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
Yeah and I think that would be the general opinion, but could I rent a M or i series BMW for less than €600 ? Where ? (genuinely curious)
Here, http://www.autoeurope.ie/luxury.cfm

Or you could head to BMW Welt, and take a car out for a day.
Daytime autobahn blasts, and night time steins of beer.

Last edited by mikeecho; 15-05-2017 at 17:26.
15-05-2017, 17:22   #20
JoeA3

Quote:
If you're a good customer of the dealer and they know you well, getting the keys for a "test drive" shouldn't be too difficult. Maybe not for 3 days though.
Advertisement
15-05-2017, 17:35   #21
v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeecho View Post
Here, http://www.autoeurope.ie/luxury.cfm

Or you could head to BMW Welt, and take a car out for a day.
Daytime autobahn blasts, and night time steins of beer.
Best car available there for this weekend is a 5 series (and I'd a assume a 2L diesel) for €330, a long way off an M or i series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeA3 View Post
If you're a good customer of the dealer and they know you well, getting the keys for a "test drive" shouldn't be too difficult. Maybe not for 3 days though.
I would consider myself 'a good customer' but anymore than an accompanied test drive doesn't really seem to be an option from my experience, maybe some dealers would be different though.
15-05-2017, 18:41   #22
quadrifoglio verde

Quote:
the valeting part is not mandatory anyway guys !

I personally get my car washed about every fortnight by some local power wash guys (so that's about €17 without interior clean) and haven't had any issues, I don't know but didn't think my dealer would be any worse.

But anyway what about the other features of the offer ?
If you're in Dublin, I highly recommend going to Ian in elite autoclean. For 20 Euro, your car will be washed to a completely different level than a power wash guy.
The after result speaks for itself.

If you pay 17 Euro already to have your car washed every 2 weeks you clearly like keeping it clean.
Itd be a shame to miss out on the condition Ian would leave it in for an extra 3 quid
Thanks from:
15-05-2017, 18:43   #23

Quote:
I was just emailed details of a new service being offered by BMW .. what are your thoughts on it ? ...

Basically for €49 per month you get :

• Monthly exterior hand-wash and monthly interior vacuum at any BMW Dealer for free.
• For each BMW Service choose between pick-up and delivery or replacement vehicle free of charge.
• In-depth leather care and interior cleaning with original BMW cleaning products included.
• Drive a BMW model of your choice for 3 days a year for free
• Rent a roof box or bicycle holder for your vacation for free.
• We take care of your scratches and dents up to an amount of € 100.00 / year.
• 10% discount on toll road expenses (up to € 100.00 / year).
• Get 5 cents on each liter of fuel at partnering petrol stations.

€600 per year .. what do you think ?
Monthly wash - put a value of a tenner on this same as a garage wash
Free pick up/delivery or replacement vehicle for each service - zero value to me as I wouldn't get it serviced in dealers
Leather care - maybe worth something
BMW model.of choice for 3 days - ok deal if you could get something exotic, i8, m car, convertible and take on a weekend down the country but can't see them honouring it. 116d from Tuesday to Thursday maybe.
Roof box or bicycle holder- no interest
Scratches and dents - not much for 100 euro. Might put it towards an alloy refurbished if allowed. Car currently has no body scratches
Toll roads - would not save me much maybe a euro a month.
5 cent a litre fuel - save me about a fiver a month at most

Overall, nothing much to see here. Getting a top notch car to drive for 3 days about all that is here. Insurance could be a killer.
15-05-2017, 20:00   #24
r3nu4l

Send a message via MSN to r3nu4l
OP, I thought you said that they would give you an M car or an I car, if they were available?

What do you think the chances are of one being available to any old Tom, Dick or Harry that asks for one? Do you really think a 23 year old 116 driver with a whiff of 'just out of college and in his first real job' coming off him is going to get an M car for three days? More likely he'd be told it was 'unavailable'. I'd say that would be reserved for the current owner of a higher end BMW.
Advertisement
15-05-2017, 20:25   #25
v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3nu4l View Post
OP, I thought you said that they would give you an M car or an I car, if they were available?

What do you think the chances are of one being available to any old Tom, Dick or Harry that asks for one? Do you really think a 23 year old 116 driver with a whiff of 'just out of college and in his first real job' coming off him is going to get an M car for three days? More likely he'd be told it was 'unavailable'. I'd say that would be reserved for the current owner of a higher end BMW.
I only know what they told me, I drive a 2015 6 series so would have no interest in anything less than that so I asked the question, I specifically asked if I could take an M or i series for 3 separate days and was told no problem. I didn't ask about insurance admittedly, so not sure how that's done.
15-05-2017, 20:39   #26
PGE1970

OP,

You're in a 2 year old 6 series and you have it down the local garage for a wash😨😨

Get yourself up to Ian in Elite asap. You won't recognise it after he's done!

Whilst you're there, pop over to Detailing Shed and stock up. Dave there is a good fella and has a beemer himself so will recommend products to match your paint, colour etc. Soon, you'll be driving by the local garage tut tutting at the queue!

Lovely car by the way.
15-05-2017, 20:44   #27
v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGE1970 View Post
OP,

You're in a 2 year old 6 series and you have it down the local garage for a wash😨😨

Get yourself up to Ian in Elite asap. You won't recognise it after he's done!

Whilst you're there, pop over to Detailing Shed and stock up. Dave there is a good fella and has a beemer himself so will recommend products to match your paint, colour etc. Soon, you'll be driving by the local garage tut tutting at the queue!

Lovely car by the way.
Unfortunately, I don't be in Dublin too often so Elite is a bit too far for me!

As for stocking up on product, I'm far too lazy to clean my own car

Thanks !
(3) thanks from:
16-05-2017, 08:32   #28
Blazer

Quote:
I'm far too lazy to clean my own car

Thanks !
A fairly new 6 series and you don't wash it yourself?? Blasphemy!!!!!!
(3) thanks from:
16-05-2017, 09:08   #29
PGE1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
A fairly new 6 series and you don't wash it yourself?? Blasphemy!!!!!!
Don't tell the lads in the Detailing forum!!!
Thanks from:
16-05-2017, 12:27   #30
Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGE1970 View Post
Don't tell the lads in the Detailing forum!!!
It would be like that episode of Friends where Monica called to Ross's ex to clean her apartment as it was so dirty.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion