Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-05-2017, 13:33   #1
v10

"BMW First"

I was just emailed details of a new service being offered by BMW .. what are your thoughts on it ? ...

Quote:
Get exclusive BMW FIRST advantages for an even better driving experience.
Basically for €49 per month you get :

• Monthly exterior hand-wash and monthly interior vacuum at any BMW Dealer for free.
• For each BMW Service choose between pick-up and delivery or replacement vehicle free of charge.
• In-depth leather care and interior cleaning with original BMW cleaning products included.
• Drive a BMW model of your choice for 3 days a year for free
• Rent a roof box or bicycle holder for your vacation for free.
• We take care of your scratches and dents up to an amount of € 100.00 / year.
• 10% discount on toll road expenses (up to € 100.00 / year).
• Get 5 cents on each liter of fuel at partnering petrol stations.

€600 per year .. what do you think ?
Advertisement
15-05-2017, 13:41   #2
JoeA3

Completely daft imo!

Most of those things should be a given, such as the service items.
I wouldn't let a main dealer near my car to "wash" it.
100 quid per year for scratches? WTF.
15-05-2017, 13:49   #3
Stallingrad

You're basically paying them so they can have multiple opportunities to try and sell you a car during the course of the year. If they gave me €600 a year I would consider it.
15-05-2017, 13:53   #4
v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeA3 View Post
Completely daft imo!

Most of those things should be a given, such as the service items.
I wouldn't let a main dealer near my car to "wash" it.
100 quid per year for scratches? WTF.
I agree, and in fairness I've always been offered pick-up and delivery or replacement vehicle free of charge any time my car has been booked in for anything.

Also agreed, €100 per year for scratches is ridiculous, €100 wouldn't fix any scratch !

I wouldn't have any problem with a main dealer washing/vacuuming my car though, I'm sure they'd do as good a job as a lot of places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallingrad View Post
You're basically paying them so they can have multiple opportunities to try and sell you a car during the course of the year. If they gave me €600 a year I would consider it.
They do that anyway !

Last edited by v10; 15-05-2017 at 14:52.
15-05-2017, 14:58   #5
TGJD

Does the model of your choice 3 days a year include the m5?
Advertisement
15-05-2017, 15:25   #6
v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGJD View Post
Does the model of your choice 3 days a year include the m5?
ha I asked the same thing and was told yes any car is available, apparently a lot of people asked if the i8 was an option too !
15-05-2017, 15:28   #7
Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
ha I asked the same thing and was told yes any car is available, apparently a lot of people asked if the i8 was an option too !
hmm..?600 to drive a M5/i8 for 3 days.. that might be tempting.
The rest of it is only muck. Well maybe the 5 cents off fuel but the service parts will easily cost you a fortune.
Whatever about the dealer cleaning the inside of my car I point blank refuse to let them wash the outside as they strip off the wax and sealant and it ends up looking manky with water drops afterwards.
(2) thanks from:
15-05-2017, 15:30   #8
Theboinkmaster

Quote:
I wouldn't have any problem with a main dealer washing/vacuuming my car though, I'm sure they'd do as good a job as a lot of places.
Not a chance - I've bought a premium selection car from a main dealer as well as dropped it into 3 different ones.

All of them "hand washed" and hoovered it and they all did a terrible job, and some of them actually damaged the interior trim of the car. Outside of the car just looks like they wet it.

And most of them let the premium selection cars go out the door in a terrible state, just a quick hoover and wipe with damp cloth

None of them have a clue when it comes to valeting or detailing.
(4) thanks from:
15-05-2017, 15:33   #9
PGE1970

Quote:

They do that anyway !
If you care about your paintwork, as I do, I wouldn't let any dealer near my car. Chances are, the sponge that is used is full of grit that they will pass, with force, over the vehicle.

Never mind the damage of a strong power hose close to alloys etc.

Save your cash, buy yourself a DA polisher, some decent products and look after it yourself rather than leaving it with some 17 year old in for a summer job.
Advertisement
15-05-2017, 15:33   #10
v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboinkmaster View Post
Not a chance - I've bought a premium selection car from a main dealer as well as dropped it into 3 different ones.

All of them "hand washed" and hoovered it and they all did a terrible job, and some of them actually damaged the interior trim of the car. Outside of the car just looks like they wet it.

And most of them let the premium selection cars go out the door in a terrible state, just a quick hoover and wipe with damp cloth

None of them have a clue when it comes to valeting or detailing.
Fair enough, can't say I've much experience of them valeting my car to be honest, in fact other than a couple a free washes with a service I have no experience!
15-05-2017, 15:41   #11
Stallingrad

I came across the 'valeting bay' at a main dealer recently, the power hose brush was resting face down on the ground. They are not all bad but why chance it?
Thanks from:
15-05-2017, 15:50   #12
v10

the valeting part is not mandatory anyway guys !

I personally get my car washed about every fortnight by some local power wash guys (so that's about €17 without interior clean) and haven't had any issues, I don't know but didn't think my dealer would be any worse.

But anyway what about the other features of the offer ?
15-05-2017, 16:31   #13
PGE1970

OP, I wouldn't let a valeter at my car either! Basically, anyone using a sponge, a blade, one bucket, someone else's dirty water or a product that might strip my car of wax, LSP etc is not welcome!!

Regarding the rest of the offer:

Monthly exterior hand-wash and monthly interior vacuum at any BMW Dealer for free. Already well dealt with!
• For each BMW Service choose between pick-up and delivery or replacement vehicle free of charge. Is a replacement car not usually given?
• In-depth leather care and interior cleaning with original BMW cleaning products included. - A bottle of Gliptone leather cleaner is under a tenner. Dakota leather is already treated with a protectant so doesn't breathe like natural untreated leather. Only needs cleaning and not conditioning.
• Drive a BMW model of your choice for 3 days a year for free - It's not free - it's €600!
• Rent a roof box or bicycle holder for your vacation for free. - If you need it.
• We take care of your scratches and dents up to an amount of € 100.00 / year. -
• 10% discount on toll road expenses (up to € 100.00 / year). Might be of use if you are a regular user not exceeding €1000 per annum.
• Get 5 cents on each liter of fuel at partnering petrol stations. Depends on mileage I suppose and if a partnering station is close to you and is not more expensive than a closer competitor.

As a driver of a 3 series, I wouldn't be tempted!!
(2) thanks from:
15-05-2017, 16:51   #14
bazz26

What a waste of €600. There is no way you would be given a M or i model once, not to mind up to 3 times a year. Realistically more like a 116d/316d or whatever trade in is taxed out back.
(2) thanks from:
15-05-2017, 16:56   #15
JoeA3

All in all, this is comically bad value for money.

I'd categorise it with the ludicrous insurance policies Currys try to push on you if you whether its a USB key or a telly you're buying

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion