Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-02-2016, 21:52   #46
GvidoR
Weird User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beertons View Post
Yep, Strandhill. Went for a seaweed bath after climbing Knocknacrea.
Did you go in for some Maple Moose ice cream too?

That place is only about 20-30 min from me.
Advertisement
17-02-2016, 22:16   #47
beertons

HMod: TCH
Afraid not. Didn't bring a change of clothes with me, had to put back on my manky t-shirt after the bath. So zoomed back to the hotel for a change of clothes, then out to mollies for cheesy chips and a few pints watching the rugby.
(2) thanks from:
17-02-2016, 22:45   #48
YbFocus

I love molly's, every time I am in Sligo I hit up that place
17-02-2016, 23:01   #49
KKV

Send a message via MSN to KKV
Quote:
Originally Posted by GvidoR View Post
Awesome photo, Kevin.

Am i the only one that can't see it? I just get an error message

Quote:
Originally Posted by shietpilot View Post
Is it me or is your offside headlight bulb whiter than the nearside bulb?
Probably. Both those bulbs went fairly swiftly (at the same time, too! that was a fun fog-light illuminated drive around the middle of nowhere searching for a garage).

that 'posed' photo was a little while ago.
17-02-2016, 23:06   #50
GvidoR
Weird User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV View Post
Am i the only one that can't see it? I just get an error message
Try this
http://i.imgur.com/iQTj88Q.jpg
Thanks from:
Advertisement
17-02-2016, 23:07   #51
beertons

HMod: TCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by YbFocus View Post
I love molly's, every time I am in Sligo I hit up that place
Ill move this chat to the chat thread, so we see more pics here.
18-02-2016, 00:56   #52
CharlieCroker

My Mondeo recently got new wheels and a wash. Not bad for the mileage. Missus picked up the Ibiza last weekend.

18-02-2016, 02:03   #53
KKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCroker View Post
My Mondeo recently got new wheels and a wash. Not bad for the mileage..

Do you find that the 'high mileage' actually really makes any difference to the car? Does it start to become noisier in the cabin and more things start randomly breaking to the extent people would have you believe?
18-02-2016, 02:57   #54
CharlieCroker

Quote:
Do you find that the 'high mileage' actually really makes any difference to the car? Does it start to become noisier in the cabin and more things start randomly breaking to the extent people would have you believe?
Nah, nothing unexpected anyway. I bought it 4 1/2 years ago with 150k on it and a FSH for €9k. I couldn't turn it down at that money for a 2.5 year old car that was nearly €30k new and Ford dealers were looking for €15k.

I've kept up the servicing every 20k and beyond that and consumables, it's needed just a DMF at 240k (expected at some stage), the exhaust backbox rotted away by 280k and a starter motor and battery in the last few weeks. Nothing else bar a few bulbs.

There's a bit of turbo whistle and a small bit of smoke when cold but beyond that it's faultless. I'd love a new car but this will do for another 12 months or so. It owes me nothing at this stage.

Last edited by CharlieCroker; 18-02-2016 at 03:00.
Advertisement
18-02-2016, 03:44   #55
KKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCroker View Post
Nah, nothing unexpected anyway. beyond that it's faultless. It owes me nothing at this stage.

Ah, no way. Sounds like a write off alright. Sorry man.

Seriously though, if I get away with a similar list on the C5 I think I'll be a happy camper. My service intervals are closer to the 10km mark so far (which I aim to keep up) but aside from the brake pads going at the moment, nothing's shown on the C5 yet (admittedly it only went over 200k today, but I've only owned it 6 months and put 23k on it in that time).

Can I ask what kinda miles you're doing? I'm racking up a lot on the motorway and I get the feeling that a Diesel on the motorway network won't suffer much wear/tear despite the mileage they'll accumulate.

As I say, I'm servicing mine at every 10k, but a part of me kinda feels like a bit of a chump doing so.
18-02-2016, 03:56   #56
166man

I would have advised that servicing every 10k km (6k miles) is excessive but then again I'm sure you'd read somewhere of a man who services his car every 5k km and think that's the best way to do things.
18-02-2016, 04:05   #57
KKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 166man View Post
I would have advised that servicing every 10k km (6k miles) is excessive but then again I'm sure you'd read somewhere of a man who services his car every 5k km and think that's the best way to do things.

Well realistically it's closer to the 12.5km mark that it's actually getting serviced, but my plan all along was to try and keep it as close to 10km as possible. Now that I'm actually driving it, and I'm racking up mileage swifter than anticipated (I thought I'd average out about 30-35 per year, but so far its, as said above, 23k in 6 months) it seems it could well be a frequent affair.

As an aside, I'd service it every 5k if i was doing small mileage, but pot-shot appreciated all the same.
18-02-2016, 11:03   #58
CharlieCroker

Quote:
Ah, no way. Sounds like a write off alright. Sorry man.

Can I ask what kinda miles you're doing?

As I say, I'm servicing mine at every 10k, but a part of me kinda feels like a bit of a chump doing so.
There's nothing wrong with it, still going like a train.

I'm doing about 50k a year
18-02-2016, 11:15   #59
TheBazman

Just passed the 333,333 mark on the 535 myself last week. Fingers crossed for no big bills in the short term.
18-02-2016, 12:13   #60
Noccy_Mondy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCroker
I've kept up the servicing every 20k and beyond that and consumables, it's needed just a DMF at 240k (expected at some stage), the exhaust backbox rotted away by 280k and a starter motor and battery in the last few weeks. Nothing else bar a few bulbs.

How did you go about the dmf charlie? Mine is going, havent got around to doing anything yet. Do you mind me asking the rough cost?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion