Originally Posted by timple23
1. Does hardwiring a camera mean that the camera will stay recording while the power is off? Or do only certain cameras have the ability to record while car is powered off?
2. Why do some cameras come with wifi? Is it to backup to a cloud storage?
3. When a memory card becomes full will it overwrite itself or will the camera stop recording?
1. Not necessarily, in general most wire it up so it comes on with the ignition, you can go the other route but you risk killing your battery, though there are ways around that.
2.Mostly for ease of access, mine is used to connect your phone via an app so you can review and take video off the device without taking the camera or SD card out of the car. Its definitely a feature i recommend.
3. Yes its set to loop record, so when its full it starts overwriting