Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
13-01-2019, 00:02   #931
mikeecho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston martin View Post
Aston: Not possible to disprove you are not guilty , I would think there hasn't been anyone able to disprove the Radar or equipment evidence was faulty
you can't look at the contract appointing GO-SAFE ,GO Safe don't have phone Number ? as far as I know its and off shore company based Isle of man.

Surely as innocence you should be given a fair chance to defend your self , some people get caught and they weren't speeding !!!! Radar manufactories have warning on them that mistakes can happen.

In UK two separate evidence and two photos in Ireland one photo.

Its is common that people self regulate but we all know from building regulations in Ireland where people regulated them selfs and there was a mess left behind .

Say the company that make the radar AGD/Redflex {Redflex are shareholder in Go Safe}
come along at end of the year to the GO Safe Van and find out that the radar hasn't been calibrating properly for last six months ,
957 drivers have been caught incorrectly and fined and paid .

the question I am wondering does Radar company that self regulate by issuing their own certs point out the problem,
1) does it cost the radar couple hundred thousands and maybe the whole Go Safe company and system collapse
2) or do the just say all correct , and reissue cert for another 12 months : does anyone know the answer ???

I can get you certified court extract from an Irish court where the prosecution state clearly the calibration cert used by Go Safe can only be read out of Ireland , Happy to meet you you to show you.

Interesting I understand that the pictures are uploaded by Redflex software , {Redflex are a third share holder in Go Safe ,}

There was a very brave Whistle blower in Go-Safe that pointed out , that people had been fined incorrectly , why was he fired ???
Lots of , if's, buts, maybes and I think.

I don't know where you're going with this.
mikeecho is offline  
Advertisement
14-01-2019, 09:50   #932
Mc Love
Registered User
 
Mc Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12,146
Any idea how to get the revenue collectors on a road close to where I live?
Mc Love is offline  
14-01-2019, 09:57   #933
Effects
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc Love View Post
Any idea how to get the revenue collectors on a road close to where I live?
This is the speed camera thread. You are looking for taxation.
Effects is offline  
(2) thanks from:
14-01-2019, 14:03   #934
rabbitinlights
Registered User
 
rabbitinlights's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 3,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston martin View Post
Aston: Not possible to disprove you are not guilty , I would think there hasn't been anyone able to disprove the Radar or equipment evidence was faulty
you can't look at the contract appointing GO-SAFE ,GO Safe don't have phone Number ? as far as I know its and off shore company based Isle of man.

Surely as innocence you should be given a fair chance to defend your self , some people get caught and they weren't speeding !!!! Radar manufactories have warning on them that mistakes can happen.

In UK two separate evidence and two photos in Ireland one photo.

Its is common that people self regulate but we all know from building regulations in Ireland where people regulated them selfs and there was a mess left behind .

Say the company that make the radar AGD/Redflex {Redflex are shareholder in Go Safe}
come along at end of the year to the GO Safe Van and find out that the radar hasn't been calibrating properly for last six months ,
957 drivers have been caught incorrectly and fined and paid .

the question I am wondering does Radar company that self regulate by issuing their own certs point out the problem,
1) does it cost the radar couple hundred thousands and maybe the whole Go Safe company and system collapse
2) or do the just say all correct , and reissue cert for another 12 months : does anyone know the answer ???

I can get you certified court extract from an Irish court where the prosecution state clearly the calibration cert used by Go Safe can only be read out of Ireland , Happy to meet you you to show you.

Interesting I understand that the pictures are uploaded by Redflex software , {Redflex are a third share holder in Go Safe ,}

There was a very brave Whistle blower in Go-Safe that pointed out , that people had been fined incorrectly , why was he fired ???
You should get caught speeding and then use all your well researched information to bring down the system.
rabbitinlights is offline  
14-01-2019, 18:28   #935
ironclaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,711
Quote:
In UK two separate evidence and two photos in Ireland one photo.
There is a lot of error in your post to go through but I'll focus on this for now. You are comparing two different systems. In the UK, and Ireland when we had them, there were two photos from fixed cameras. Why? It was a fixed camera with lines painted on the road. So the two photos were your car in two positions hence distance (From the lines on the road) and time between photos gives you verification of speed to the radar reading.

This does not apply for GoSafe in Ireland or any camera system that is mobile.

With respect to your core argument, you are forgetting that the Irish statute has no requirement for equipment to be validated or calibrated. Is this insane? Yes. But it's the law and until that law is examined and challenged (Read 'deep pockets' and 'days in the supreme court') then it's not going to change. Therefore we can wax lyrical on here and present hypotheticals but the second you land in front of a judge, they'll point out that statute and you'll hear a gavel not in your favour.
ironclaw is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Yesterday, 00:11   #936
Aston martin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclaw View Post
There is a lot of error in your post to go through but I'll focus on this for now. You are comparing two different systems. In the UK, and Ireland when we had them, there were two photos from fixed cameras. Why? It was a fixed camera with lines painted on the road. So the two photos were your car in two positions hence distance (From the lines on the road) and time between photos gives you verification of speed to the radar reading.

reply :Thanks for clarification on the two photos , but still in UK they require two bits of evidence but as you say we are in Ireland so its not the same standard.

This does not apply for GoSafe in Ireland or any camera system that is mobile.
Reply: Is there a Video of the speeding cars ?

There was a case in Thurles before judge Elizabeth Mcgrath threw a case out said only one picture and the case was reported on RTE radio 1 Sean O Rourke show.

If you were to go before the Ennis court the Judge seems to have a great understanding of the law and does a great job
and dismiss a lot of case he is not happy with, in fairness to the local solicitors they do a great job and argue for the clients and put up strong legal arguments ..

With respect to your core argument, you are forgetting that the Irish statute has no requirement for equipment to be validated or calibrated. Is this insane? Yes. But it's the law and until that law is examined and challenged (Read 'deep pockets' and 'days in the supreme court') then it's not going to change. Therefore we can wax lyrical on here and present hypotheticals but the second you land in front of a judge, they'll point out that statute and you'll hear a gavel not in your favour.
Agree totally with you the law is written that you are guilty as doesn't allow or consider any errors which are possible .


Please point out any other errors you think as this is a discussion board so please let me know

Last edited by Aston martin; Yesterday at 00:22.
Aston martin is offline  
Yesterday, 00:15   #937
mikeecho
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,410
On an unrelated note .

Is it a record that this is an 8yr old thread, yet still relevant, and Still active.

Bula Bus to ironclaw

Last edited by mikeecho; Yesterday at 00:20.
mikeecho is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Yesterday, 21:40   #938
ironclaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,711
Quote:
Is there a Video of the speeding cars ?
There is video, but it would be useless as you have no fixed reference point i.e. Lines painted on the road.

Quote:
There was a case in Thurles before judge Elizabeth Mcgrath threw a case out said only one picture and the case was reported on RTE radio 1 Sean O Rourke show.
I can't find the judgement/news article but I'm guessing that relates to the permanent record precident? I'd need to read the case notes to see what was actually discussed but there is plenty of judgements in favour of GoSafe and speeding in general in Ireland.
ironclaw is offline  
Today, 00:03   #939
Aston martin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6
Thanks very much Ironclaw, Maybe the video could help people in there defence, there are plenty measurement in an urban setting , tress, lines on road ,bus stops ,pot holes drains , other cars in the picture that may also be speeding , items that can reflect the radar ,radar reflection Video may also show Van may parked on a grass verge just after a comer they don't always park in great places , or the van parked on a slope

The program was Sean O Rourke and Paddy O Gorman said case dismissed by judge as there was not two photos case heard Thurles court before a very good Judge Elizabeth McGrath broadcast on the main Irish National radio RTE 1 on 26.09.18 at about 6 mins and 50 secs
you can search it in the RTE player under Thurles you need Adobe to listen to it or you may find it on the RTE link https://rte.ie/r.html?rii=b9_21437788_15036_26-09-2018_

Last edited by Aston martin; Today at 00:14.
Aston martin is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet