Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling old pots and pans (Dublin)

• 28-12-2020 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can old pots and pans be recycled in ireland and if so where? Seems many of the local recycling centers don't want them, I thought there would be some money in the old scrap metal?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jams100 wrote:
    Hi, Can old pots and pans be recycled in ireland and if so where? Seems many of the local recycling centers don't want them, I thought there would be some money in the old scrap metal? Thanks.

They should be recyclable, but I suspect recovering the metal is too much hassle, as there's probably other materials mixed with the metal, I think they all should be sent to a blast furnace for recovery anyway, and allow the other materials to be burnt off, but maybe that contaminates the process

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

As far as I know all recycling centres have scrap bins and that's where pots and pans should end up - regardless of coatings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

There's a huge skip for "metals" at Ballyogan, (South Co Dublin) - all sorts of metallic stuff seems to end up there. I've often seen old pots and pans in it. Ironing boards, barbecue grills - you name it!

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭jams100

Day Lewin wrote: »
    There's a huge skip for "metals" at Ballyogan, (South Co Dublin) - all sorts of metallic stuff seems to end up there. I've often seen old pots and pans in it. Ironing boards, barbecue grills - you name it!

Do you know if thats Free?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

jams100 wrote: »
    Do you know if thats Free?

Yes, metals are free; some of the other stuff in the rear yard is charge-able but the metal is free, just tell the person at the drive-in window that you are recycling metal and they will wave you through.
    (They just glance into the boot, usually)

• Advertisement
Advertisement