Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Country Chic clothing style

• 21-06-2020 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭

hi guys im just wondering how would one go about styling on a country chic sort of theme?? some very nice clothes out there, I see the british rural set wearing really nice clothes lately

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I won't ask why, but I would say you need to get:

Tweed, lots of
    Waxed coats
    Gilets
    Wellies
    Checked shirts
    Printed ties
    Corduroy
    Flat caps
    Anything herringbone

Dull, muted colours like green, brown, beige, rust, mustard etc. Some yellow for a pop of colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

But Irish - dubarry.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Barbour!

Look for an online shop that sells hunting stuff and check their clothes too. I only know a German one, frankonia.de but you will get the idea from it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Anytime I see British farmers on television there is invariably some combination of the above list involved. I seriously doubt many of them ever roll up their sleeves up and get down and dirty around the farmyard. To me it's more about image than work, "Look at me, I'm a country gent type, my minions do all the shít shovelling"
    Here, farmer are more likely to be seen in something more practical like a boiler suit and isn't afraid to get it dirty.
    No offence to any farmers out there but there's nothing remotely glamorous about it. We have several in our area and some of them them think they are better than everyone else, they shovel shít for a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Heritage tweeds and knits are fairly fashionable at the moment but try too hard and that style becomes a bit of a parody of itself. Good quality knits and jeans or corduroy, leather boots and a good quality jacket work well. Avoid polyester and bright colours.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Barbour!

Look for an online shop that sells hunting stuff and check their clothes too. I only know a German one, frankonia.de but you will get the idea from it

I got a couple of nice Barbour jackets in the John Lewis sale a couple of weeks ago but they seem to be nearly out of everything now-the classic wax/field coats went fast. Parcel motel required for certain brands...
    https://www.johnlewis.com/brand/men/barbour/all-offers/_/N-50esZ1z13zxsZ1yzvw1q

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

sabat wrote: »
    I got a couple of nice Barbour jackets in the John Lewis sale a couple of weeks ago but they seem to be nearly out of everything now-the classic wax/field coats went fast. Parcel motel required for certain brands...
    https://www.johnlewis.com/brand/men/barbour/all-offers/_/N-50esZ1z13zxsZ1yzvw1q

Yeah I can imagine they went fast, that stuff is usually worth the full price (which is pretty damn expensive)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Dickie10

cool, well you sometimes see prince william with that gear on i think it looks quite classy. i just find some of the modern looks even down to very skinny jeans and t shirts without collar just are not tidy enough. jumper and shirt combinations are these still ok? such as you seen prince william in , in the photo recently with his kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

On the high street, Massimo Dutti has that look.
    Checked blazers, tan leather shoes
    2039263802_1_1_16.jpg?t=1580849439783&impolicy=massimodutti-itxmedium&imwidth=500

if he had a shirt that would look the job, white or light blue shirt there needed badly, the way it is he looks like a pikey in 80s. the were notorius for wearing sports coats and maybe t shirt underneath or tracksuit bottoms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

That’s not country chic. That’s total douche.

agreed you need a shirt

Advertisement