Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good cheap Gym in Dublin City Centre?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Countess Markievtz (sp?). Run by county council, no barbells or squat rack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mr Apollo

Can anyone recommend a good cheap gym / health club in central Dublin as of mid 2008? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭cavanmaniac

Hi all, said I'd post this here rather than start a new thread:

I'm working out near the Ballymount area on a short-term contract with funny hours. It's proving problematical with the variable working hours to attend my normal gym so I'm wondering does anybody know of a decent, clean, all rounder type/general gym in the general vicinity that offers short-term membership? I don't mind a busy gym as long as it's not packed to the gills ridiculously...

I'd be very greatful for some help here, I'm missing gym sessions left and right and am getting right bleddy narky about it too...

(I did a google already but I'd rather hear from someone here with first hand experience of the gyms in question...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 vs_mnr_it

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    I use the YMCA gym from time to time. 6 euro for as long as you want, with no need for membership (just walk in off the street). Gym is on upper Georges street on the same side as The George, about 300m away from Dame Street. Gym is a little cramped and can get busy in the late afternoons/ early evenings, but I avoid these times and it works out to be good value.

Hi,

I will be visiting Dublin for 5 weeks and I am looking for weight training facility. YMCA sounds like a good choice. I will be staying at Ellis quay. Can someone suggest me any good facility nearby,

Thanks,
    Vineet

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Farmer C

Raw Conditioning in portebello. www.rawcondition.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 vs_mnr_it

Thanks for the reply, but this seems to be quite far. Can you suggest something nearby ellis quay.
    vineet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Hercules i just off King Street and is maybe a ten minute walk. Short term deals I am sure if you contact them. It is currently been renovated but still open

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Netherlands

UCD Dublin 4, and it has an outdoor track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

vs_mnr_it wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, but this seems to be quite far. Can you suggest something nearby ellis quay.
    vineet

It's really not far at all, I walk over from Stoneybatter and it only takes about a half hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Alienontherun

I'm having serious issues with this ridiculous business of a time limit to stay in the swimming pool or sauna or wherever in the premisses.

I've made a few phone calls to some gyms with pools and asked if even as a paying member I'd have to leave the pool after one hour and they said that that is for safety reason. F#"!?$; unbelievable!

Can anybody let me know if that's really enforced? Do they really surround you on the premises and ask you to leave if you remain either on the pool or in the sauna for more that one hour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 sani

What do u mean by DCU ????
    Trebor wrote: »
    it's not the city center but the gym in DCU is €180 a year which i am told is good value and it's open to the public no need to be a student (you get a discout if you are tho)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

sani wrote: »
    What do u mean by DCU ????

http://dcu.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭tomdublin

I'm having serious issues with this ridiculous business of a time limit to stay in the swimming pool or sauna or wherever in the premisses.

I've made a few phone calls to some gyms with pools and asked if even as a paying member I'd have to leave the pool after one hour and they said that that is for safety reason. F#"!?$; unbelievable!

Can anybody let me know if that's really enforced? Do they really surround you on the premises and ask you to leave if you remain either on the pool or in the sauna for more that one hour?

Doesn't have anything to do with health and safety, it's so that they can cram in as many people as possible. I'm sure it has never be enforced an never will be.

Advertisement