Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

paw patrol wrote: »
    yeah the broadsheet was fairly woke - before I was banned from posting

Pity though they did good articles at times but it was insufferable in its' attitude. I assume it hasn't changed.

I rarely use broadsheet for anything. Stopped going to Journal.ie after it went 'safe space', claiming it was for their users...

Really it was for themselves. I think it's slowly killing off the comment section too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I rarely use broadsheet for anything. Stopped going to Journal.ie after it went 'safe space', claiming it was for their users...

Really it was for themselves. I think it's slowly killing off the comment section too.

If you cant debate an article in the comments section, whats the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭HBC08

I'd say someone in RTE got tired of Aisling Bea... her woke crap was often the signal anything she was in was gonna die.

Never knew Aisling Bea was ever in RTE never mind they got tired of her and sent her on her way.If that is true she should be thanking that person as she's doing big things in the uk for the last 5 years or more.She seems sound enough aswell

Edit,just saw she was in a clip on the Savage Eye,think she's gone on to bigger things and not sure why she was brought up on this thread

Out of curiosity is that a look of at the end admiration or disgust for performing that feat?

Now there's a question... genuinely curious about that now. :eek:
    To ensure her #wokeness credentials are up to date Bea is also going to be in the #woke remake of Home Alone.......

That's been quietly shelved, for the time being, at least. On account of everything going on.
    Disney are producing the remake (for Disney +, their streaming service) but unfortunately they've lost a LOT of money during the pandemic (the closure of the theme parks alone has lost them billions. Loss of revenue on their films, and having to move known money makers like Pixar films to Disney + at a massive loss isn't helping).

So I imagine Disney will have to reassess their projects. May end up scrapping the idea of a remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

paw patrol wrote: »
    yeah the broadsheet was fairly woke - before I was banned from posting

Pity though they did good articles at times but it was insufferable in its' attitude. I assume it hasn't changed.

They've hitched their wagon to the anti-masker, no second wave brigade,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

They've hitched their wagon to the anti-masker, no second wave brigade,

oh really?
    , there may be hope for them yet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

To ensure her #wokeness credentials are up to date Bea is also going to be in the #woke remake of Home Alone.......

I take it there'll be no young ones in school uniforms any more then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Radio5

Louise Duffy. I expected her to get a presenting gig with Virgin One eventually. Maybe only covering for others or whatever but I thought she was a sure bet for a move to TV.

Radio5 wrote: »
    Louise Duffy. I expected her to get a presenting gig with Virgin One eventually. Maybe only covering for others or whatever but I thought she was a sure bet for a move to TV.

She wasn't able to keep a gig on radio, so I'd say TV was going to be a hard sell.

Actually, speaking of presenters. Jenny Buckley, from UTV, disappeared from tv completely after UTV folded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Jack L.. Seems to have dropped off the radar in recent years

• Advertisement

Jack L.. Seems to have dropped off the radar in recent years

He still tours, was meant to be doing a few places in Ireland.

Could never stand his voice, honestly. Wasn't he related to Susan Loughman?

Or was that just a bad joke she made one time?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,064 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Is he not a brother of Christy Moore?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Water John wrote: »

You’re thinking of Luka Bloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Water John wrote: »

you're thinking of luka bloom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭George White

Shane Brolly - another Irish actor in Hollywood, did a few things, but hasn't worked in years judging by his imdb

Shane Brolly - another Irish actor in Hollywood, did a few things, but hasn't worked in years judging by his imdb

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭treade1

Al Porter!

treade1 wrote: »
    Al Porter!

You were looking for his career? It left the morgue last week and its now in the cemetery.

Who?

He was in the Underworld films, appeared in a Skinemax show called chromiumblue.com, there seemed to be a point about 15 years ago that he might become a straight to video action star, and did an Irish film called 48 Angels. He was kind of an even cheaper Stuart Townsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,214 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He still tours, was meant to be doing a few places in Ireland.

Could never stand his voice, honestly. Wasn't he related to Susan Loughman?

Or was that just a bad joke she made one time?

I never bought into the RTÉ hype about him or Brian fcekin Kennedy grrr

• Advertisement

I never bought into the RTÉ hype about him or Brian fcekin Kennedy grrr

Brian was 'safe', so to speak. Boring as hell, but safe.

With Jack L, you'd be told all about how he was such 'a great singer, and a great songwriter'... yet every time he released a new song he'd written, he'd turn up on TV singing a cover of someone else's song (and making a cack hand of it).

It's like he knew he was bad, so tried to hide it singing someone else's music.

Brian Kennedy in many ways was a slightly hipper Daniel O'Donnell. But doing soul rather than country/50s rock and roll/easy listening.

Brian Kennedy in many ways was a slightly hipper Daniel O'Donnell. But doing soul rather than country/50s rock and roll/easy listening.

That and he was a backup singer for Van Morrison for a long time.

Folks thought he'd 'dish the gossip' on Van...

nope.

That and he was a backup singer for Van Morrison for a long time.

Folks thought he'd 'dish the gossip' on Van...

nope.

You have to admire him for that and in return when it was a bit taboo to be gay, Van Morrison didnt treat him any differently. Ivan George doesnt give media interviews.
    It would be so easy to dish the dirt on Van Morrison in his twilight years. I dont think Brian Kennedy is in the best of health, he had his colostomy due to cancer and was recovering.

You have to admire him for that and in return when it was a bit taboo to be gay, Van Morrison didnt treat him any differently. Ivan George doesnt give media interviews.
    It would be so easy to dish the dirt on Van Morrison in his twilight years. I dont think Brian Kennedy is in the best of health, he had his colostomy due to cancer and was recovering.

Yeah-him and his brother were battling cancer at the same time.

Brian survived... his brother, sadly did not. I think Brian will have the Colostomy bag for life. (He had a section of his bowel or intestine removed).

My parents think butter wouldnt melt in Daniel O Donnells mouth. At least Brian was honest what he was about. Daniel O Donnel is the less likeable version of Eoin McLove

Brian Kennedy was the Catherine Cookson to Daniel O'Donnell's Barbara Cartland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Radio5

The lady who used to read news on UTV Ireland for its short lifetime, Alison Comyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,059 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The lady who used to read news on UTV Ireland for its short lifetime, Alison Comyn.

working for Sky News now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

She did 2 weeks of Liveline covering for Joe Duffy on one of his many, many, many, many breaks; but obviously did too good a job as she hasn’t been back since.

She also updated her bio to say she was the host of Liveline 5 seconds after her 2 weeks ended.

Her biggest problem? She’s not represented by Noel Kelly.

Advertisement