Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LET IT SNOW AND BE COLD!!!***RAMPING THREAD***Mod Note #1193#2705

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Blizzard 2010

catch.23 wrote: »
    Not necessarily, we can end up on the wrong side of blocking too, and end up in a mild flow.
    We could but I doubt it somehow:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

We can end up with cold rain and no snow, or warm rain and snow.

Pick one...only.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭maw368

11 days into the season? the season doesn start for weeks, nevermind being 11 days in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Janedoe10 wrote: »
    What link is that ? It would be handy to know .
    Just goggle your local co.council web page and you should find it under winter preparation thats where K.C.C have it

Now looking like a cold end to November with snow and all...in Ireland even. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Sponge Bob wrote: »

Really? Really really? Please tell the great uneducated but hopeful mob more...

morebabies wrote: »
    Really?

Worth a ramp in a ramping thread anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Danny_Way_Jump_Harry_How.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Says who??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

jo06555 wrote: »
    Says who??

I think he is having a ramp:) There is signs of blocking where is the question and will be on the wrong or right side of the block, No sign of anything over the next 2 weeks after that who knows what will happen.

• Advertisement

I think he is having a ramp:) There is signs of blocking where is the question and will be on the wrong or right side of the block, No sign of anything over the next 2 weeks after that who knows what will happen.

Exactly. The ramp refers to a maybe possible sign of cold after about two weeks perhaps and with another maybe thrown in for luck. Meanwhile hold onto this message from our sponsors. :)
    29465513.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Longer range models are hinting at much colder weather to follow around the last days of the month into early December.

aLTHq.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

super-happy-men.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Longest calm spell in a while, imagine if it had happened as it was snowing

29465513.jpg

He's so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

hoping for lot's snow this year, pretty much all of Europe was hit last year, but seemed to stop completely over the Irish sea

Skatedude wrote: »
    hoping for lot's snow this year, pretty much all of Europe was hit last year, but seemed to stop completely over the Irish sea
    #

That's blocking for ya, it's over us in the winter and allows the rain in during the summer. We are just a few degrees too much in the middle, not good weather in the summer, no bad weather in the winter.

But that blocking does move and change occasionally.

gbee wrote: »
    He's so cute.

Our sponsor is not happy with some of his recent postbag. . :)

30203096.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Look what is screaming across The Daily Express tomorrow !

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/269554511310360576/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

:eek: OMG - Victoria Pendleton is going to do what???????? :eek:

Would love a bit of snow but not enough that it endangers people and ruins their plans...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Ill be disappointed if we dont get some snow soon, just put 4 winter tyres on the car..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Fuh Q wrote: »
    Ill be disappointed if we dont get some snow soon, just put 4 winter tyres on the car..

A bit on the mild side matey for these. Will be well worn before any snow comes me thinks.

Would love a bit of snow but not enough that it endangers people and ruins their plans...

Oh yes I would. People are stupid, plans are stupid, and thinking that people should not change their plans for snow, well that's just stupid, snow will endanger people and ruin their plans, snow is not known to be intelligent and deliberately attack people's plans, but people are known to be intelligent and read f**n weather forecasts and CHANGE their plans.

OMG. Did I just write that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭pauldry

"Forecasters warn snow could bring Britain to a standstill"

Forecasters warn rain could make people wet

Forecasters warn sun could cause sunburn!

Forecasters warn fog could help you disappear

When Britain has 1cm of snow it sometimes brings their airports to a standstill. Here too

Id take all this snow forecast with a pinch of salt and then it wont bring the country to a standstill

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

Fiskar wrote: »
    A bit on the mild side matey for these. Will be well worn before any snow comes me thinks.

I was driving an hour ago and it was 5c outside, winter tyres are for temps below 7c so might be ok, anyway might be better that the two bald and two nearly bald cheap Chinese summer tyres I was on.

pad199207 wrote: »
    Look what is screaming across The Daily Express tomorrow !

At least it ain't the Ukrainian mail order brides this time. :(

January 2012 George Monbiot The Guardian.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/georgemonbiot/2012/jun/15/daily-express-weather-forecast-jonathan-powell
    The Daily Express continues to suffer outbreaks of dodgy weather reporting

I forecast that nothing has changed since then.
    Jonathan Powell generates headlines, the Express generates publicity for him, and its readers can be trusted to forget what he said the previous week, so what's not to like?Seeing into the future? The Daily Express won't even look into the past.

Please spare us the express, anything but that rag. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

gbee wrote: »
    Oh yes I would. People are stupid, plans are stupid, and thinking that people should not change their plans for snow, well that's just stupid, snow will endanger people and ruin their plans, snow is not known to be intelligent and deliberately attack people's plans, but people are known to be intelligent and read f**n weather forecasts and CHANGE their plans.

OMG. Did I just write that.

Easy now, I'll cancel my plans so I don't cause you further blizzards of rage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Wintry Precipitation here today
    QkRG1l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,876 ✭✭✭pauldry

saw this on met reports

KNOCK AIRPORT(P) W 06 RECENT SNOW 2 96 0.6 100

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

They had sleds in Ken Black's today. Would I be tempting fate and Chione if I bought a couple now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement