Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Underage Drinking in a Pub

• 23-05-2009 2:01pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A pub near me (which I won't name) has recently received a visit from the Gardaí who discovered a couple of underage people drinking alcohol.

What sort of repercussions will this have for the pub? Can it lose its license to serve alcohol?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

If they do lose their license, its their own fault.ID's are there for a reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

A pub near me (which I won't name) has recently received a visit from the Gardaí who discovered a couple of underage people drinking alcohol.

What sort of repercussions will this have for the pub? Can it lose its license to serve alcohol?
    Usually a temporary closure order would be issued for the first offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭focusing

If prosecuted, they'll get a 2-day mandatory closure order and a fine, but the Gardai tend to just issue a warning unless it was knowing or deliberate.

Advertisement