Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gas bill

Options
  • 31-03-2009 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right section but i need help asap.

I am a student living in student accommodation with 4 other people and we were issued our gas and Esb bills from september to january a month ago, the esb was fine, but we had a suspicion the Flo gas bill was made up, so we sent a copy to flo gas and they confirmed they had never sent out this bill. they told us not to pay anything until we got a proper bill but since they they havent gotten back to us.

So we have refused to pay the bill until we get a proper bill from flogas. but our landlord has told us that he buys the gas in bulk and that he also reads the meters himself so he sends the figures from the meters into flogas and thats where he gets the estimates from.

To me this sounds completely illegal? Would a representative not have to come around and check the meters to ensure he was not making up his own readings to rob us of money?

He has also threatened to give us bad credit if we don't pay by Thursday, i am not sure how this works as way pay money into his account and have never missed any rent money? We presumed you can only get bad credit if you have a loan out etc.

any help would be appreciated! :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Sounds like a dodgy bloke. If he sent you a flogas letter-headed bill then he's committing fraud.

Report him.

And I think only financial institutions can add to your credit record.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

The fact that he's threathened you exposes his hand. He's obviously not doing everything above board so ring flo gas and explain everything thats happened.

Btw do you have a rental agreement with him? If so what does it say about paying for the gas?

Advertisement