Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-12-2017, 16:13   #1
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
2018 - 1000 Mile Challenge

I think we may now be up to year 9 of the 1000 mile challenge, so here we go again with the link to the new spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Same as previous years we are using Google Docs again, just click on the link above and enter your boardsie name in column A and then how far your total miles are for the year in column C, or if you count in kilometres enter that in column D. If you want you can also enter you age/ gender category in column B. Your ranking amongst the boardsies is shown on the Positions sheet.

Do not edit any other columns, except for the completion date when you have done your 1000miles. I have manually added the people who had edit access to the locked tab again for this year, and if there is anyone else who wants access to that then you'll need to PM me your Google email address so that I can enable access.
Advertisement
31-12-2017, 19:02   #2
TFBubendorfer

Thanks, Robin!

but ...

the formulas in the "Positions" sheets still all use 2017 as their year ...
(2) thanks from:
31-12-2017, 19:28   #3
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
Grrr, I always forget that bit. Will have to wait a day or so for me to be able to fix that.
Thanks from:
01-01-2018, 13:42   #4
Pawwed Rig
Category Moderator

Will try this again. Last time I did it successfully was 2015 so will see how I am fixed at the end of January.

What are the categories again?
01-01-2018, 17:21   #5
quickbeam

Ah, gowan, I'll give it a shot!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-01-2018, 17:22   #6
Amirani

Having a go at this for the first time, probably pretty crucial that I get it if I wanna be hitting my other time goals.
01-01-2018, 19:02   #7
P.V.N.S.

Bad year in 2017 for injuries for me I only managed 1040km. I hit the 1000 miles mark for 2016 in July but I won't be aiming for that kind of mileage this year . I'm going to be aiming for 1000miles again this year, hopefully around October.
02-01-2018, 09:46   #8
robinph

The completion date estimates and weekly totals should now be correct, let me know if you spot any other mistakes with the calculations.

Anyone that had PM'ed me so far should also now have edit access to the locked sheet.
(2) thanks from:
02-01-2018, 10:05   #9
Kellygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinph View Post
The completion date estimates and weekly totals should now be correct, let me know if you spot any other mistakes with the calculations.

Anyone that had PM'ed me so far should also now have edit access to the locked sheet.
Thanks Robinph. What is the locked sheet?
Advertisement
02-01-2018, 11:30   #10
robinph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellygirl View Post
Thanks Robinph. What is the locked sheet?
The main page that you would enter your distance on is editable by anyone with the link to the spreadsheet, so could potentially be "vandalised". We've not had issues with that recently though. The locked sheet is only editable by those given access so prevents people messing up our log, and makes it a bit easier to roll back changes if someone edits the wrong thing by mistake.

Both ways of entering your details work exactly the same.
Thanks from:
02-01-2018, 12:28   #11
The Muppet

Send a message via MSN to The Muppet
Ah Sure why not,
02-01-2018, 15:09   #12
james quinn

looking forward to it
02-01-2018, 16:29   #13
robinph

Quote:
I think we may now be up to year 9 of the 1000 mile challenge, so here we go again with the link to the new spreadsheet:
Seems that I miss-remembered and this year is actually year 10 since Woddles initial idea.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...php?p=58466787

(2) thanks from:
02-01-2018, 19:33   #14
TFBubendorfer

Quote:
Seems that I miss-remembered and this year is actually year 10 since Woddles initial idea.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...php?p=58466787

That's so long ago that Krusty had put himself into the "B" target list!
(3) thanks from:
02-01-2018, 20:15   #15
Krusty_Clown

Send a message via AIM to Krusty_Clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFBubendorfer View Post
That's so long ago that Krusty had put himself into the "B" target list!
Wow. So many names from the past! We need a 'where are they now' thread.
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion