Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-11-2018, 22:30   #1
carthymc

vodafone bill pay termination.

hi all, i am a vodafoene bill pay customer wit 8 of the last 10 years.

i am moving to australia shorlty to hopefully get some work and earn a few quid.

contacted vodafone this evening about my contract until june next year and they are wanting 412 of a termination fee? or else pay the 480 over the 8 months at 60 a month.

has anoyone any info on hats my best approach to not paying whilst also doing the right thing.

thanks.
Advertisement
12-11-2018, 22:37   #2
how.gareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthymc View Post
hi all, i am a vodafoene bill pay customer wit 8 of the last 10 years.

i am moving to australia shorlty to hopefully get some work and earn a few quid.

contacted vodafone this evening about my contract until june next year and they are wanting 412 of a termination fee? or else pay the 480 over the 8 months at 60 a month.

has anoyone any info on hats my best approach to not paying whilst also doing the right thing.

thanks.
Legally you have to pay up, if ye leg it without paying it will cause you nothing but hassle if and when you return to Ireland, sucks but I presume ye got a fancy free phone so ye could sell that and pay it towards the bill?
12-11-2018, 22:42   #3
carthymc

Quote:
Originally Posted by how.gareth View Post
Legally you have to pay up, if ye leg it without paying it will cause you nothing but hassle if and when you return to Ireland, sucks but I presume ye got a fancy free phone so ye could sell that and pay it towards the bill?

thanks gareth, yeah i was wondering in case there was some way around it etc.
I did get a phone at the time but once i turned it on it ws second hand and thats near a year and a half ago so its not worth much now, also phones over will be and are as expensive if not more than here.
Thanks from:
12-11-2018, 22:49   #4
Spear

Try the Vodafone forum instead:

https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size