Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Interested in a lot of games this weekend, so gonna do a saturday bet and a sunday bet.

Saturday
    (1) St. Patricks v Kiltegan @3/10
    (2) Rathvilly v Kilbride @2/7
    (3) Garrycastle v Athlone @2/9

€20 treble returns €40.86

(4) Kenmare v Dr.Crokes @4/11
    (5) O'Hanrahans v Clondavin/Clonegal @4/11
    (6) Kilcrossanty v Gaultier @1/3
    (7) Calry v Curry @1/8
    (8) Cuchulain v Cavan Gaels @1/2

€5 accy returns €30.86

Sunday's Bet
    (1) Baltinglass v Bray Emmets @1/3
    (2) St.Brendans v Kerin o' Rahillys @4/11
    (3) Castlerea v Kilmore @2/7

€20 treble returns €46.75

Stake will be bigger on sunday's bet if saturday's bet wins (when i say if i mean when :p)

Will also do a wacky accy with about 15 teams.

Good info from all this week, best of luck everyone.

EDIT: Tubbercurry @evens are great odds, eastern harps @4/5 are good aswell. Will do a small double there.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭storykid

Sir Vival wrote: »
    They play football in waterford..?:P

haha, surpirsingly yes! and we're getting better 2;)

ive 1 mad accum decided anyway, will make a few smaller trebles tommor aswell

Dromard 1/3
    Charlestown 1/2
    Mid Kerry 2/5
    South Kerry 1/8
    Baltinglass 1/3
    Rathvilly 2/7
    Kilrossanty 1/3
    Garrycastle 2/9
    Dr Crokes 4/11
    St Patricks 3/10
    Curry 1/8

works out at 17/1
    good luck all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭matt1958

Saturday

Gone for the above so here hoping.. I f**ked up last week putting Man Utd in.. Nani :rolleyes: to55er

matt1958 wrote: »
    Gone for the above so here hoping.. I f**ked up last week putting Man Utd in.. Nani :rolleyes: to55er

Really hope it comes through as there are more attractive bets available tomorrow. Thinking of putting the winnings on down @11/8 but we'll see how things go tonight first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Clubmad

Just have 2 results in :

ferns St aidens won 4-19 to 3-19

and

St patricks won 1-11 to 0-13 points

close games but still winners!

• Advertisement

Couple of results in from sligo

Curry 4-13 Calry/StJosephs 0-4

Eastern harps 2-11 Coolera/Strandhill 0-8

Harps came into 4/7 for 5/6, i suspect some of the players lumped on @5/6 :p

Keep the results coming in lads.

EDIT: Kilcrossanty 2-5 Gaultier 2-8 (That's my accy gone anyways, dont care if main bet comes in though)

Dr. Crokes 3-15 Kenmare 1-4

Athlone 0-9 Garrycastle 0-14.

All i need know is Rathvilly to win in carlow...

Really hope it comes through as there are more attractive bets available tomorrow. Thinking of putting the winnings on down @11/8 but we'll see how things go tonight first.

I'm going too keep an eye on the team total and total points.. Last weeks game the first ten mins the overs on team and total points all came in..

Dont know the score but Ballintubber in Mayo won, I think it was a point!

Buffers alley won, but only in Extra time.........so no good there!

four Masters Drew with KillyBegs......Disaster :mad:

• Advertisement

Any news on the other two Sir Vival?

storykid wrote: »
    really fancy a draw here, 7/1 isnt great but its definetley worth a punt.
    Stradbally won after extra time so happy about this 1
    sickened about kilrossanty losing by 3 points :( sorry for any1 that was on them

Ballymote by 5+ pts.

Ballymote 1-15 Shamrock gaels 0-6 (pp the f****** wouldn't give me odds)

If your on the same treble as me Matt, we're just waiting on 1 team, Rathvilly from carlow. see my edit on previous post for results

carlow's gaa website hasn't uploaded the results and that's my only source for teams in that county.

Ah didn't see the Garrycastle update.. Cheers, fingers crossed the other comes in..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

anybody got the cavan results?

Sir vibal.....good news , Rarhvilly won, no score but won!

Sorry, bad news, I read my text wrong, rathvilly were beaten, sorry!

Clubmad wrote: »
    Sorry, bad news, I read my text wrong, rathvilly were beaten, sorry!

You sure?

**** they did lose.

Rathvilly 0-5 Kilbride 0-7.

Was debating whether to go with kildavin/clonegal instead of rathvilly as they were 4/11 to beat O'hanrahans who didn't win a game all year in the league and were 66/1 to win carlow championship this morning.

Needless to say kildavin/clonegal won 6-11 to 0-3...

No point crying over spilled milk now.

Sorry about that lads, i feel worse for anyone who followed my bet than i do for myself.

Ah nuts.. Its alright Sir Vival dont worry about it i dont bet what i cant afford too lose..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

dotsflan wrote: »
    anybody got the cavan results?

gaels won on friday night,kingscourt and ramor won tonight

http://arvaghgfc.com/fixtures.html

Still sickend about yesterdays result.

Gonna have an in-play bet in the down-kildare match, (the minor match seems to close to call having talked to friends in the know, galway to shade it seemed to be the verdict)

If i'm successful with the in-play bet i'll be going with

(1) St. Brendans v Kerin O'Rahillys @4/11
    (2) Castlerea v Kilmore @2/7 (Kilmore's best player is suspended)
    (3) The Downs v Tubberclair @8/11

€20 returns €60.57

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

dotsflan wrote: »
    Right this is what ive gone for this weekend thanks to the help of this forum

€10 accum

Kingscourt @ 1/3
    Dr Crokes @ 4/11
    St Patricks @3/10
    Charlestown @1/2

Good luck all

just waiting on charlestown for this.

And done a €20 double of over 1.5 goals in the minor and senior games today@ 8/13 and 8/15

storykid wrote: »

Ballinameela 4/1 v An Rinn 1/7.
    I'll be having a small punt on Ballinameela here!,great value at 4/1.

Balinameela won by a point! only had something small on though

few other upsets today
    mid kerry 2/5 lost to Rathmore
    Baltinglass 1/3 only drew aswell

I'm going for this. €10 stake instead of €20 though after seeing storykid's update.

Castlerea better pull their fingers out this evening (only team i'm a bit worried about)

Great call on Ballinameela storykid. If my bank was a bit bigger i'd be having a punt on some of those good value fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

For the record Gaels beat Pearses by 2, a result that flattered Pearses a lot. Kilbride could be value in the relegation final, Pearses are going backwards rapidly.

patmac wrote: »
    For the record Gaels beat Pearses by 2, a result that flattered Pearses a lot. Kilbride could be value in the relegation final, Pearses are going backwards rapidly.

I think Kilbride are gone back even further though, without devanney they wont score over 10pts.

St.Brendans 0-7 KOR 0-10
    Castlerea 1-10 Kilmore 0-7
    The Downs 0-15 Tubberclair 1-8

That goes some of the way into making up for yesterday.

Right back to familar territory this week with the quarter finals in sligo, there's two games that i really fancy and hopefully the odds will be decent.

Sligo senior football quarter final, 4th september at 4:45pm
    Curry v Geevagh

I tipped curry last week as they are a team i really like. They've been a bit of a surprise package this year as they flew through the group stages with great ease, putting up big scores along the way. It's not that surprising really seeing as they have effectively 3 county forwards in marren, maye and davey. They also have a strong backline so they're not going to concede to much either which is always a good thing.

Geevagh were promoted last year and have done well to make the quarters allbeit they had a handy group. I'd say they'll be very happy to have consolidated their senior status for next year, a goal which a lot of newly promoted teams set at the start of the year. Their only player of any note is county man kenneth sweeney. He played a bit for sligo this year but was far from impressive and lost his place for the connaught final.

On form and ablitiy their only going to be one winner here, also the big pitch that is markievicz park will suit curry.

Verdict: Curry by 4/5 pts

More previews to follow...

EDIT: Just seen the odds on PP, Curry @2/9, though they would be closer to 1/3 to be honest bit disappointed.

Sligo senior football quarter final, 5th september at 12:00, Markievicz park

Tourlestrane v Coolera/Strandill @4/9

I'll be all over tourlestrane at this price. Not only do i think that they're going to lift the cup this year but half of sligo does as well. Themselves and eastern harps would traditionally be the two biggest and most sucessfull clubs in sligo but harps are a bit weak up front this year (still relying on paul taylor to account for 60/70% of their scores). Tour also have a great record over the harps in the last few years.

Anyway back to this weekend's game. Tour have class of over the pitch, are physically big and have great pace. They have one eamonn o'hara in their ranks also who is worth two or three players alone. He's ably assisted by curent county players gaughan and kennedy as well as former county players egan and mcgowan. They've comfortably qualified for the knock-outs in a tough group scoring 4-9 and then 0-15 in their two games. They're league form is further indication of their dominance in sligo this year, played 14, won 11, drawn 1, lost 2 and have a p.d. of +74.

Meanwhile Coolera/Strandhill have been hit and miss this year. They've go some quality in county wing back Cawley (think he went off injured last week though) and county wing forward costello (he didn't play last week, not sure why though). Coolera only managed 4 wins out of 14 games in the league and have a p.d. of -27. They're championship form has also been unconvincing, only beating st. molaise gaels by 2pts (a team who should really be intermediate) and getting hammered by harps last week (a team who themselves have been unconvincing).

I strongly expect Tour to win the sligo championship this year and Coolera don't have the power or skill to get in their way.

Verdict: Tourlestrane by 5/6 pts

Get on them now @4/9 because they definately wont be this price come the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,700 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Great thread lads, very informative and some classy posters here. Keep up the good work.

Thread stickied until the season's over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement