Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE2 +1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭StreetLight

RTÉ2+1 is now showing on the Saorview EPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Saorview :-
    473565.png

Saorsat:-
    473568.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Just got email with official announcement

"A brand new RTÉ2+1 television service as well as an extended 24 hour RTÉ One+1 service are now available on Saorview.

Beginning this evening, Tuesday 19 February, the new time-shifted RTÉ2+1 will run each evening from 7pm to 2am with RTÉ One+1 running 24 hours."

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

It’s up and running, finally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

will it just appear or what?

can't see it on my epg

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

will it just appear or what?

can't see it on my epg

You might have to rescan your tuner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^
    It just appeared on my Samsung TV. My Walker PVR, on the other hand, required a complete rescan of all frequencies.... Not even a manual scan on both channels (48 and 55) could add it.

Still only test card and tone on Saorsat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

So does this mean a reduction in the costs for VM3 which is on the same mux?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭JDxtra

If they can broadcast a promo loop on Saorview for this service during the day - why not just make it 24 hours? Seems ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

JDxtra wrote: »
    If they can broadcast a promo loop on Saorview for this service during the day - why not just make it 24 hours? Seems ridiculous.

they have to employ someone to record RTE2 on VHS then move the tape to another machine for broadcast. 24 hour service would require 3 people on a rotating shift!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

EPG showing programming starting at 12 on Saturday and Sunday

Still only placeholder, card and tone on Saorsat. No EPG. Saorsat 2nd class citizens again

Still only placeholder, card and tone on Saorsat. No EPG. Saorsat 2nd class citizens again
    By the end of April 2019

Unknown date - RTÉ2 +1 launches on Saorsat in Northern Ireland.
    According to tvchannellists.com , it isn’t launching on Saorsat until April

Ten Pin wrote: »
    EPG showing programming starting at 12 on Saturday and Sunday

That would be correct. Per their application , they begin broadcasting 7pm Monday to Friday and 12 at weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

MBSnr wrote: »
    ^^^
    It just appeared on my Samsung TV. My Walker PVR, on the other hand, required a complete rescan of all frequencies.... Not even a manual scan on both channels (48 and 55) could add it.

+1 my (not very technical) sister gets her terrestrial signal from Mt. Leinster. I advised her to do a retune to pick up RTE2+1 on her Samsung TV but she said it was already there when she looked for channel 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Reeling in the years on RTE1+1 now, must have sorted out the rights or else someone forgot to switch off the tape player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Reeling in the years on RTE1+1 now, must have sorted out the rights or else someone forgot to switch off the tape player

It was listed last Monday as well which is why I was checking it out tonight so the rights must be different now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭Antenna

On a Walker combo box:

Virgin Media 2 (No 5) mysteriously disappeared in recent days. All other channels were present (this box auto updates the terrestrial list if put in standby from terrestrial rather than Satellite).

Doing a rescan reinstated it.
    anyone else experience this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Antenna wrote: »
    Doing a rescan reinstated it.
    anyone else experience this??

No, all ok here. Unusual to lose just 1 channel from a mux during a retune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

no new channels just + 1 s wats next news now +1 very exciting on saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

jacob2 wrote: »
    no new channels just + 1 s wats next news now +1 very exciting on saorview

Possibly would be nice to see TG4 HD and the Virgin channels HD, but apart from that I can't think of any other channel to add that we don't already have when Saorview is combined with the free to air satellite channels

Cant see Virgin HD ever, in competition with themselves.

Why would Virgin pay extra for a competing platform. Right now they run the minimum they can legally get away with. Sadly our toothless regulators are happy with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It is pretty sad that Virgin Media would consider Saorview to be a competitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cian_r

Anyone got any picons? I saw the one Gerry posted, but looking for a light on transparent background so it'll match my other picons.

cian_r wrote: »
    Anyone got any picons? I saw the one Gerry posted, but looking for a light on transparent background so it'll match my other picons.

How about this for Saorview
    474677.png

For SaorSat rename the file to

1_0_16_13F8_3ED_2174_5A0000_0_0_0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

tototoe wrote: »
    "Meanwhile, the minister has approved RTE plans to provide a new RTE2+1 television service as well as an extended 24-hour RTE One+1 service. Virgin Television had objected to these plans. RTE intends to make these services available on all platforms from February 13."

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/cashstrapped-rte-may-face-difficult-choices-bai-chief-37752315.html

what will they show, Repeats of the repeats , oh sorry they do that already.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cian_r

How about this for Saorview
    474677.png

For SaorSat rename the file to

1_0_16_13F8_3ED_2174_5A0000_0_0_0.png

Ah! Very good. Thanks!

Advertisement