Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,408 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

jca wrote: »
    There's a roundabout to be built on the Kiltealy road, a second roundabout to be built at Scarawalsh, the roundabout where the link road joins the existing N30 has only been scratched out, Scoby hill is still a long way from completion. The moyne, ballorill and Kiltrea have still to completed. There's isn't a hope of it being complete by autumn.

Maybe not. Roundabouts are relatively simple though and the Scarwalsh to Scoby section has crash barriers installed and even tarmac laid in parts.
    That part could open soon enough. The other section is irrelevant until the motorway opens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Finally and at last the road to the Harrow is open. Nice new overpass I'll try and get some pics in the next few days

Something finally happening where the link road meets the N30. It's closing on Monday for 8 months they must be putting in the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

February 2018 pics from the m11got.ie website 02/02/18IMAG10601_zpsxqpbm6kz.jpg2IMAG10602_zpszsvukxk8.jpg3IMAG10603_zpsru5sems5.jpg4IMAG10604_zpsknjxyrq6.jpg5IMAG10605_zpsatfgscq4.jpg6IMAG10606_zpsmipthbty.jpg7IMAG10607_zpsqqp34vel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

More pics from the m11gote.ie website with gps 07/02/18 (1) gps 52.493,-6.529IMAG10701_zpsrpbq6wj8.jpg(2) 52.457,-6.535IMAG10703_zpsds49gmgz.jpg(3) 52.509,-6.622IMAG10704_zpsz5hxpmse.jpg(4) 52.507,-6.623IMAG10705_zpsal7evx2c.jpg(5) 52.524,-6.600IMAG10706_zpsot6nyrlw.jpg(6) 52.534,-6.568IMAG10707_zpse1iytvzh.jpg

• Advertisement

The Harrow Rd is open I noticed there the other day.

They had the road washer on Summerhill and out to the roundabout this evening. The Wexford Rd is destroyed with muck as well. Hopefully the digging is almost done.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Presentation being give by the Council's Director of Services on the Enniscorthy By Pass.

https://www.wexfordcoco.ie/events/the-enniscorthy-bypass-an-illustrated-talk-with-eamonn-hore

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The Monageer road has reopened with a nice new bridge crossing the mainline. Couldn't stop to get a pic unfortunately.

The "back road" into the village is closed at Ballydawmore now.

The Monageer road has reopened with a nice new bridge crossing the mainline. Couldn't stop to get a pic unfortunately.

The "back road" into the village is closed at Ballydawmore now.

At least they made an effort to accommodate the locals this time by opening one road before closing Corbally. Closing Ballyorril while the Moyne is still closed was dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

From the Wexford People today
    THE much anticipated bypass of Enniscorthy is proceeding well on schedule and could even be open before July of 2019. That was the message from Director of Services at Wexford County Council Eamonn Hore as he gave a presentation on the €341million project to a packed room at Enniscorthy Library on Thursday night.

A massive amount of progress has been made on the bypass and it can evidently be seen at places such as Bessmount and Ballyorril in particular. Mr Hore says that the project, which was first mooted back in 2001, is progressing at a serious rate and, everything going to plan, Enniscorthy should be reaping the benefits by summer of next year.

In outlining the progress, Mr Hore said that site clearance was at 98% while the main earthworks for the project were now 76% complete. In terms of structures, culverts are 98% complete, while access is 86% complete. Meanwhile, the main bridges of the project are at 60%...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Hopefully we get some good weather this summer and they can crack on with the tarmac. Having Enniscorthy and New Ross done by the summer 2019 (N25 project is due for completion in January) will make a huge difference to Wexford.

Slaney crossing is going up next week,the road is closed for four nights.

kneemos wrote: »
    Slaney crossing is going up next week,the road is closed for four nights.

Might be weather delays if we get as much snow as forecast. I grabbed a couple of quick pictures of the crane on the site, I'll upload them if my laptop decides to work properly.

3Xt.jpg

3Xw.jpg

Some of the new bridge spans in place,there's 4 of these in a row.I'll try to update with more pics as the installation progresses.

3hR.jpg

3h4.jpg

The Moyne road reopened. I'll try to get a pic of the new bridge there.

The Moyne road reopened. I'll try to get a pic of the new bridge there.

Nice one:D

More progress on the bridge over the Slaney,they've crossed the road,railway and river now with the beams.

3Io.jpg

The crane is at the other side of the river from where I took the photo.

3II.jpg

• Advertisement

The thaw had set in on Monday,they managed to clear the road to Marshalstown which was under several feet of snow so I grabbed this pic of the N30 section from the bridge.

3Ie.jpg

The site of the new bridge is slightly damp.I've seen the river several feet higher though.

3ev.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭NedNew2

According to South East Radio the Slaney reached a metre above normal levels.

NedNew2 wrote: »
    According to South East Radio the Slaney reached a metre above normal levels.

Businesses in the Templeshannon and on the quays breathed a sigh of relief as it didn't rise any higher. I suppose engineers on the job got their first view of how the concrete tunnels would work in a flood.

Ballyorrill road has reopened,the bridge over it isn't in place yet. Part of the N30 has the base layer of tarmac on it.

Ballyorrill road has reopened,the bridge over it isn't in place yet. Part of the N30 has the base layer of tarmac on it.

I was at Ballyorril cross yesterday and noticed the signs were gone, I didn't chance it and went down the Moyne instead. I wonder why they opened it before completion? I know some of the residents on that road weren't one bit happy about the closure. Talking to one of the subbies from Mayo last night, they're only back this week having left the works after storm Ophelia as the ground was unworkable, he reckons they're about 6 months behind schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

I was at Ballyorril cross yesterday and noticed the signs were gone, I didn't chance it and went down the Moyne instead. I wonder why they opened it before completion? I know some of the residents on that road weren't one bit happy about the closure. Talking to one of the subbies from Mayo last night, they're only back this week having left the works after storm Ophelia as the ground was unworkable, he reckons they're about 6 months behind schedule.

They were gone since Ophelia?? My God that's a long time!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

Talking to one of the subbies from Mayo last night, they're only back this week having left the works after storm Ophelia as the ground was unworkable, he reckons they're about 6 months behind schedule.

Oh dear. Sounds like this one will be well into 2019 before it's done.

spacetweek wrote: »

It’s just that the weather has been so bad, with a few rare exceptions it’s been raining constantly since Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

spacetweek wrote: »
    Existing plan is Q3 2019. Seems like it's on target for that anyway.

Is there any chance of a phased opening e.g. N30 from west of Enniscorthy to Scarawalsh ?

Advertisement