Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How old would you date?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

pgj2015 wrote: »
    why would a 46 year old want to be in a relationship with an 18 year old? :confused:

Because an 18 year old chassis is usually in better nick than a 46 year old one. There are exceptions though, but these aren't that common.

Seriously though, how could a 46 year old put up with listening to an 18 year old. They'd wreck your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

lucalux wrote: »
    I know one guy who seriously considered breaking up with his (13 years younger than him) girlfriend, because her sex drive was too high :o
    Oooh Matron!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭pgj2015

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Because an 18 year old chassis is usually in better nick than a 46 year old one. There are exceptions though, but these aren't that common.

Seriously though, how could a 46 year old put up with listening to an 18 year old. They'd wreck your head.

she still only 18, thats not right. like imagine introducing her to your parents or even friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

pgj2015 wrote: »
    she still only 18, thats not right. like imagine introducing her to your parents or even friends.

T'wud be strange alright. The wife wouldn't be mad about me doing something like that. :D

That said, Celine Dion did stay with yer man for donkey's years until he died. So who knows.........true love n all that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

T'wud be strange alright. The wife wouldn't be mad about me doing something like that. :D

That said, Celine Dion did stay with yer man for donkey's years until he died. So who knows.........true love n all that.

Oh I have no doubt it was true love for her from the start, it was Rene’s motives early in that makes me a tad queasy unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,837 ✭✭✭pgj2015

fcuk that love $hite man. :)

Oh I have no doubt it was true love for her from the start, it was Rene’s motives early in that makes me a tad queasy unfortunately.

Sex, just like every other relationship.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

Sex, just like every other relationship.

She was 12 - that was my concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭purifol0

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Don't think a 14 year old should be posting on this subject.

Well folks we've eliminated rascism and sexism but ageism is just fine it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,302 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

purifol0 wrote: »
    Well folks we've eliminated rascism and sexism but ageism is just fine it seems.

It's probably best 14yos don't come on here telling us how old they are willing to go in case some adults on here start getting ideas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

purifol0 wrote: »
    im not ageist ..i just wonder would i have a lot in common with a person with much of an age diff ...dunno :confused:

could we relate?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭purifol0

im not ageist ..i just wonder would i have a lot in common with a person with much of an age diff ...dunno :confused:

could we relate?

Uhuh so where'd you get the idea that I'm 14 anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,249 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Late 30s to early 50s.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,249 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

My husband and I discussed this a few weeks ago. The traditional view is very misogynistic: it’s considered alright, in the media, if some greasy middle aged man is creeping on younger women. Especially so if his wife is portrayed as some shrew or, forgive me for using a disgusting term, a “Karen” shrilly henpecking him in rollers while waving a rolling pin.

Alternatively if a woman is involved with a younger man she is accused of being some demented sex pervert à la Samantha in SATC, “mutton dressed as lamb” or a cougar (there is no equivalent term for a man). Ephebophilia is excusable if the elder of the couple involved is a male.

I may have strayed in the past with younger men but that was a long time ago, we have had marriage counselling and we need to move on. I warned my husband that if he ever considered leaving me for a young one that I would ride him so hard in the courts all he would have left are the ****ing fillings in his teeth. We’re in our early forties.

Rocky must be thanking his lucky stars hw wakes up beside you every morning.

She was 12 - that was my concern.

There was no relationship when she was 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Qwertyminger

Yeah the 12 year old was just resting in his house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    My nerves are exhausted after the amount of touching they got last night.

They were kept fervently busy by my divine 27 year old lover. She rocks.

The one thing i have learned is that the more a person needs to impress you about their sex lives the more chance it is make believe.

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Haha. Well you said 20 years younger it would be interesting to know. Maybe tell us what they're age was 😅

He was 34. I was more than 20 years older..
    Still same age difference believe it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Full blown relationship or just shagging?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,313 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This is like one of those maths riddles. X is 4 years older than Y, Y is 10 years older than C, but Z is twice the combined age of X and Y. How old is C?

*scratches head*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

This is like one of those maths riddles. X is 4 years older than Y, Y is 10 years older than C, but Z is twice the combined age of X and Y. How old is C?

*scratches head*

Kathleen is 59 ?

Do I get a gold star?!

YellowLead wrote: »
    Full blown relationship or just shagging?

A bit in between. I know we both had a very strong emotional connection but i would never openly date him. It was very physical though.I'd like to think i gave him a lot but i also taught him a lot. I know he wasn't young and he may have had experience before me but he was very definitely lacking in expertise. I am pretty sure the next woman was happier because of me.

Kathleen is 59 ?

Do I get a gold star?!

You do. **** but that is older than i thought i would ever admit to here.

my tinder age range for the ladies is 27-36, and them to have no kids.....

Must be slim pickings with the no kids rule?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The one thing i have learned is that the more a person needs to impress you about their sex lives the more chance it is make believe.

In fairness Kay the best sexual partners that I ever had were less keen to judge.

I am a hard station.

You know for a fact the best ride you ever had was a tale unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I'm very open minded about ages but I've always ended up being interested in and getting on well with guys my own age, back when I was dating. Even if I was in the mood to get with a guy much older which sometimes was something that aroused me I would have always somehow just ended up gravitating to/hitting it off with a guy who usually happened to be about bang on my age..no matter whether it was online, at a club whatever. Overall of the guys I'd tend to be attracted to and potentially would want to date ,90% seems to fall in the 20-28 age range, I'm 24. Although I find lots of guys anywhere from 18-50 hot.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    In fairness Kay the best sexual partners that I ever had were less keen to judge.

I am a hard station.

You know for a fact the best ride you ever had was a tale unexpected.

I don't understand what you mean by that last sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Moronic post is all Kathleen!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

My husband and I discussed this a few weeks ago. The traditional view is very misogynistic: it’s considered alright, in the media, if some greasy middle aged man is creeping on younger women. Especially so if his wife is portrayed as some shrew or, forgive me for using a disgusting term, a “Karen” shrilly henpecking him in rollers while waving a rolling pin.

Alternatively if a woman is involved with a younger man she is accused of being some demented sex pervert à la Samantha in SATC, “mutton dressed as lamb” or a cougar (there is no equivalent term for a man). Ephebophilia is excusable if the elder of the couple involved is a male.

I may have strayed in the past with younger men but that was a long time ago, we have had marriage counselling and we need to move on. I warned my husband that if he ever considered leaving me for a young one that I would ride him so hard in the courts all he would have left are the ****ing fillings in his teeth. We’re in our early forties.

Why, in your first example do you describe the man as 'greasy' and 'creeping' and in the second simply as 'woman' and 'involved' and claim that the first one is all right but not the second?

'cougar' is not a negative term. 'sugar daddy' a little more so.

Court cases involving male and female teachers having sex with students completely contradict your assertion.

You having an affair being acceptable while your husband doing the same is in unforgivable offence just piles hypocrisy on top of the double standard and outright lies of the rest of your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

As a gay 23 year old my range is 21 to 30. Generally by the time a man is 30 you can tell if he takes care of himself or not, its a good indication of the future.

We all know the "half your age plus seven" for dating younger, any rule of thumb for the other way?

Advertisement