Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommended property solicitor in Dublin

• 23-04-2018 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all,

First time buyer here. I have put an offer on an apartment (receiver's sale). After reading all the horror stories of how painful a receiver's sale can be, I am keen to get a good solicitor on board. Any suggestions? Ideally located in the town (D2 or nearby).

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Will be keeping an eye on this, as am also on the lookout for a conveyancing solicitor in D1/D2 area!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭pauldavis123

Put me down for this as well ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Hi all,

First time buyer here. I have put an offer on an apartment (receiver's sale). After reading all the horror stories of how painful a receiver's sale can be, I am keen to get a good solicitor on board. Any suggestions? Ideally located in the town (D2 or nearby).

Many thanks

A conveyancing solicitor’s only remit it to make sure you will legally become the owner of the property/leasehold that you are intending of forking our the money for (land entitlement, boundaries and previous owner baggage). For that service you will pay €950 plus vat.

Any more than that is either a rip off for the same service or you want the solicitor to hold your hand through the process where they have no need to be involved, but will happily charge you there hourly rate. I used a solicitor in Dún Laoghaire, no affiliation. You only meet him when signing the contracts and he’s next to the Dart line. Would recommend.

I asked my family solicitor (jack of all trades in D2) and they quoted €2750 plus vat for the same service. Nothing the cheaper solicitor did was below my expectations and importantly, very quick modern communication/payment options.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 GoWhest

The best quote I got was €895 for a solicitor in county Dublin. Only had to go out once so not too bad. He seemed pretty good, all correspondence was done through e-mail. Was a straight forward sale. Took about 3 months from acceptance to keys. If anyone wants his details PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

BBMcQ wrote: »
    A conveyancing solicitor’s only remit it to make sure you will legally become the owner of the property/leasehold that you are intending of forking our the money for (land entitlement, boundaries and previous owner baggage). For that service you will pay €950 plus vat.

Any more than that is either a rip off for the same service or you want the solicitor to hold your hand through the process where they have no need to be involved, but will happily charge you there hourly rate. I used a solicitor in Dún Laoghaire, no affiliation. You only meet him when signing the contracts and he’s next to the Dart line. Would recommend.

I asked my family solicitor (jack of all trades in D2) and they quoted €2750 plus vat for the same service. Nothing the cheaper solicitor did was below my expectations and importantly, very quick modern communication/payment options.

Mine cost 1600 and has been fantastic throughout the process, knowing I am a first time buyer he's been very helpful in pointing out things I wouldn't have expected. I too got quotes over 2k, which is too high, and under 1k, which would make me wonder where the saving is going. Thought this guy was the sweet spot, can refer if necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 nomadtraveler

I get your point - but a receiver's sale is a different ball game. I wouldn't mind spending a few extra quid for the peace of mind and knowing my solicitor will do a thorough job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nomadtraveler

Mine cost 1600 and has been fantastic throughout the process, knowing I am a first time buyer he's been very helpful in pointing out things I wouldn't have expected. I too got quotes over 2k, which is too high, and under 1k, which would make me wonder where the saving is going. Thought this guy was the sweet spot, can refer if necessary.
    Can you please share his details? Thanks heaps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I get your point - but a receiver's sale is a different ball game. I wouldn't mind spending a few extra quid for the peace of mind and knowing my solicitor will do a thorough job.

My point being that your solicitor has one job, to make you legal owner or whatever you are trying to buy. No matter what type of sale it is. I get that people put value on extra services or a very personal service but legally it’s just dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SandyC20222

Hi all,

Many thanks

So who did you go with in the end? I'm on the hunt for an affordable solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SandyC20222

Could you share the solicitors name? From Dun Laoghaire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

So who did you go with in the end? I'm on the hunt for an affordable solicitor

Sent you a PM of the solicitor we used. Based in Blanchardstown village and does flat rate so no surprise itemised bill at the end of the sale. Found it really good to know from the outset exactly how much we would be paying at the end of the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bez Bing

Thought I resurrect this thread instead of starting another.
    Just gone SA on a property in Dublin and need a solicitor to complete the sale.

Any recommendations, I'd appreciate a PM. I'm based in south Dublin.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kbman

Bez Bing wrote: »

Cheers.

That's interesting reading all the varying prices and quotes. I was offered family solicitor but used one I found on law society close by, located in Butterfield. I'm only at the start of the process so far so can't comment yet. But the general price from quoting 3 places seems to be 1600/1700 for conveyancing before stationary and phone bills come into it.

Did you find one yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Bez Bing wrote: »

Cheers.

PM Sent

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 227 ✭✭Dubs1990

I am in the same boat (selling/buying) , north dublin city if anybody has any recommendations. Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BT15

Sent you a PM of the solicitor we used. Based in Blanchardstown village and does flat rate so no surprise itemised bill at the end of the sale. Found it really good to know from the outset exactly how much we would be paying at the end of the sale.

Hi Michellenman

I am in process to find solicitor as first time buyer, can you please send me details of solicitor in Blanchardstown village, you mentioned in above post?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Have sent you a pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

To pick ours we asked around for names off family and friends. Went middle of the range with prices. Didn’t get the cheapest but did ring them and have a chat. My solicitor spend 20mins on the phone to talk me through Process and than emailed me a quote. That’s what sold it for me even though could have gotten cheaper. Solicitor said all going well we would meet once and sign all the loan docs and contracts in one go.

I’m based in Cork so I would expect solicitors fees to be cheaper here than Dublin. Had friends in Dublin using solicitors who charged 1% of the value of house which was high I thought. I would say possible price surrounding counties and maybe could get it cheaper - if it’s one visit could be worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ebayissues

Can anyone PM a solicior please?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cilim75

BT15 wrote: »
    Hi Michellenman

I am in process to find solicitor as first time buyer, can you please send me details of solicitor in Blanchardstown village, you mentioned in above post?

Many thanks

Hi BT,

could you PM me solicitor details if you were happy with him ?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭ncounties

Hi all,

If you are aware of any decent (and good value) solicitors on Dublin's North Side, would be great if you could PM me their details and their rough fees?

Much appreciated,

NC

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Polka Dots

Hello,

I just went sale agreed on a property in North Dublin City.

If anyone has a recommendation for a good solicitor in North Dublin or the city centre, could you please PM me with details and approx fees.

Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭ncounties

Hey there - just replied to your DM. For the benefit of others, I went with www.jonessolicitors.ie and was happy with the price and service!

Advertisement